British Speedway Forum

Rebels 2014

Excellent analysis.

I find it difficult to see how he can come in on a 5. He has been ruled ineligible for a NL (Cat 5) spot despite having/being eligible for a British Passport. That rules him out of Cat 4 (Commonwealth Rider new to British Racing), because if he were eligible for Cat 4 he'd equally be eligible for Cat 5.

Cat 3 (riders in a non-professional league) would get him a 5, but if he were eligible for that, the surely that makes him Cat 4 and 5 eligible.

So that takes us to Cat 2 (encompassing all riders in a Professional League outside of Sweden/Poland). And with that comes a 7 average.

I have a feeling we will see a 5 average, with no actual justification as to him getting that. The Cradley NL decision suggests only a 7 is applicable.

i have just been severly educated in the laws of speedway physics.. well presented and well over my head .. well done this poster..cracking post..

Excellent analysis.

I find it difficult to see how he can come in on a 5. He has been ruled ineligible for a NL (Cat 5) spot despite having/being eligible for a British Passport. That rules him out of Cat 4 (Commonwealth Rider new to British Racing), because if he were eligible for Cat 4 he'd equally be eligible for Cat 5.

Cat 3 (riders in a non-professional league) would get him a 5, but if he were eligible for that, the surely that makes him Cat 4 and 5 eligible.

So that takes us to Cat 2 (encompassing all riders in a Professional League outside of Sweden/Poland). And with that comes a 7 average.

I have a feeling we will see a 5 average, with no actual justification as to him getting that. The Cradley NL decision suggests only a 7 is applicable.

Cat 4: Commonwealth and USA (to a maximum of 4 each season) Riders new to British Speedway

Cat 5: Riders who have ridden in the National Development League as an Amateur

Wouldn't he come under Cat 4 because he hasn't ridden in the NDL ? That would mean a 5.00, and would do even if he was eligible to ride in the NDL.

In addition, only Commonwealth riders who have patriality or a British passport can ride in the NDL so that rules out most of them from qualifying under Cat 5.

I do agree, though, that decisions of this nature seem to me be made without any regard of the qualifying criteria whatsoever.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

T

Starman, it doesn't matter how old I get, I'll never repeat my self as much as you do...as much as you do....as much as you do......oh bugger, don't know what came over me then

Must be your age mate, your age mate your age mate... :D

• Like 1

And there we go, the typical compromise that doesn't meet the rules.

He comes in on a 5 despite the reason he's not a 3 is due to riding in the Danish Elite League.

Mind you it's a great precedence for future acquistions. Pick a category that in isolation a rider is eligible for. Kurtz qualifies as Category 4 if you ignore all other categories. So Emil Sayfutdinov (who I don't believe gained a UK average) is now eligible on an 8 in the PL as a Category 1 rider. Just ignore the Grand Prix category.

• Like 2

And there we go, the typical compromise that doesn't meet the rules.

He comes in on a 5 despite the reason he's not a 3 is due to riding in the Danish Elite League.

Mind you it's a great precedence for future acquistions. Pick a category that in isolation a rider is eligible for. Kurtz qualifies as Category 4 if you ignore all other categories. So Emil Sayfutdinov (who I don't believe gained a UK average) is now eligible on an 8 in the PL as a Category 1 rider. Just ignore the Grand Prix category.

Agree. Just been reading Peter White in his OZ reports in the SS, and he is saying "From this distance, it seems nonsensical for a rider to have to give up what would be a great chance of winning his national title just to comply with a points average for a club in England. Where is the sense in that for the boy's career and the spectators out here who deserve better ? How about putting the sport first ?"

So let's just scrap the rules for the sake of Brady and p**s off Danes who will still arrive with a 7 average for riding in their top Danish League. How about just starting on the higher average within the rules, ride in his countries Championship and still take his place with the Rebels as planned, albeit on a higher average. Problem solved.

As for 'how about putting the sport first', way over the top response. FFS.

• Like 2