British Speedway Forum

Rebels 2014

I would like to ask Taylorj a Worky supporter and Emilali, if there teams had the opportunity to sign Brady on 3 points would they have turned it down? From what you are both saying you may have signed him but pretended he was a 5 or 7 pointer, ignored his official rating (be it wrong or right) and only built your team up to 40-5 (5 pointer) or 38-5 just so you would appear fair, and not be called cheats.

I would like to ask Taylorj a Worky supporter and Emilali, if there teams had the opportunity to sign Brady on 3 points would they have turned it down? From what you are both saying you may have signed him but pretended he was a 5 or 7 pointer, ignored his official rating (be it wrong or right) and only built your team up to 40-5 (5 pointer) or 38-5 just so you would appear fair, and not be called cheats.

Brady is not on a 3, so all those saying it was wrong were correct. Give up arguing.

It really isnt the point is it? Hes not a 3point average and thats now been pointed out and quite rightly so, cheats should not prosper. What various different people would do is irrelevent, rules are rules.

it will never be sorted with the joker pack involved (B.S.P.A.)

So where are we then?

Would another team have to put in some sort of complaint,to get it looked into,or has it already happened and they have decided nothing is wrong.

The silence is deafening.

Certainly nothing on the Official Speedway site, only on here, which of course in the scheme of things means diddley squat.

Edited by Cliffeboy
  • Like 1

SCB If Brady Kurtz is sanctioned as a 3 then there's nowt you or anybody else can do about it.

Edited by Starman2006

Where & when did the BSPA publish BK's "official rating" as 3.00 ?

The fact that it appeared in a Somerset press release is as credible as your's & Cliffeboy's ramblings on here :P

• Like 1

Where & when did the BSPA publish BK's "official rating" as 3.00 ?

The fact that it appeared in a Somerset press release is as credible as your's & Cliffeboy's ramblings on here :P

Hi Cyclone, I have made a sort of an appeal on here to get it ratified one way or the other at top level so we can all move on.If the powers that be deem he is in fact a 5 ok, but until they do he still remains a 3, that is where we are at the moment, hardly rambling more fact.There must be a time when all teams have to be certified before they can race, now if the Rebels are illegal then surely it will be pointed out, I am unsure when this happens, perhaps you can enlighten me.

If Somerset have declared a 1-7 to the BSPA and are awaiting ratification, then that's where we are.

Nothing else to be said, if office at Rugby approves the 1-7, he's in. If they reject it, presumably on the grounds of Brady Kurtz being rated at a higher figure than the Rebels had submitted, then Somerset go back to the drawing-board.

BTW it appears that NO club have their 1-7 up on the BSPA website as yet. Presumably that is something that will happen after New Year.

Hi Cyclone, I have made a sort of an appeal on here to get it ratified one way or the other at top level so we can all move on.If the powers that be deem he is in fact a 5 ok, but until they do he still remains a 3, that is where we are at the moment, hardly rambling more fact.There must be a time when all teams have to be certified before they can race, now if the Rebels are illegal then surely it will be pointed out, I am unsure when this happens, perhaps you can enlighten me.

The full details will no doubt appear when the 2014 PREMIER LEAGUE TEAM DECLARATIONS & GREENSHEET AVERAGES are issued on the BSPA website,

I believe that individual clubs can submit their proposed team declarations to the BSPA for homologation by the Management Committee any time prior to the commencement of the 2014 Season.

The Management Committee will no doubt be mindful of Kurtz's Danish League experience and the implications of assigning him a lower starting GSA than they would for an EU newcomer with similar professional league experience.

Perhaps you should seek an update directly from the Somerset Promotion.

He can't 'remain' as a 3 as you say, cos he has not formally been given a 3 point average. No doubt there has been word passed back to Gary. and he can appeal with his case for a 3, or go with Brady at the right average & drop someone else, or thirdly he could be dropped and another rider take his place. I remember a club a few years ago continue to appeal a certain riders case and, when they lost, as everyone was telling them, they had to scrap around to get someone that fitted the average, but one who would not have been a first choice for anyone.

Similarly Newcastle waited for a final fitness test on Jason KIng till the very last minute, but we managed to extricate ourselves quite nicely. Risky, as the BSPA do not always indicate your 1-7 is acceptable, till quite near the start of the season, so you need to be quite sure with all your assumptions.

Edited by Tsunami

Cliffboy, I wasn't referring to your post.

The "SCB" bit didn`t appear on my PC to start with, so I presumed it was me lol

The full details will no doubt appear when the 2014 PREMIER LEAGUE TEAM DECLARATIONS & GREENSHEET AVERAGES are issued on the BSPA website,

I believe that individual clubs can submit their proposed team declarations to the BSPA for homologation by the Management Committee any time prior to the commencement of the 2014 Season.

The Management Committee will no doubt be mindful of Kurtz's Danish League experience and the implications of assigning him a lower starting GSA than they would for an EU newcomer with similar professional league experience.

Perhaps you should seek an update directly from the Somerset Promotion.

OK,so if what you say is accurate it would make good sense to get the team ratified asap, as delay "could" make things difficult.Maybe this has already been done.

The "SCB" bit didn`t appear on my PC to start with, so I presumed it was me lol

OK,so if what you say is accurate it would make good sense to get the team ratified asap, as delay "could" make things difficult.Maybe this has already been done.

I would find it hard to believe that your promotion had not had any new rider's average clarrified before they signed him. If they hadn't ? They only have themselves to blame ! If they did ? Then well done !
  • Like 2

If Kurtz rides for Somerset on a three point average now then I'd expect Cradley/Dudley to feel incredibly hard done by. If he rides as a Brit and his Danish appearances are ignored then he is also eligible to ride NL as a 3 point rider.

A precedent has been set by the fact that he has been deemed intelligible for the NL, no he must be given a 5/7 point PL figure in the interests of consistency. Nothing against Somerset here, every other team would do the same if they could however it does appear that Kurtz should be on a figure higher than 3.