British Speedway Forum

Rebels 2014

Could it be that Brady Kurtz was actually signed last season on a 3.00 average before he took part in any of the Aussie rounds would he then keep the average that he was signed on : confused.com : maybe Statman can confirm

Emilali I do not know what team you support and to be honest I do not care but I am positive that most if not all team managers will test the rules to the limit if you wait a little while then I am sure that a full explanation will be forthcoming or the BSPA will reject the team an Adeclaration

Why , he has never ridden in an Australian senior title, must have a British passport , so there is nothing to stop him riding as a 3 pointer.

Which means he can also represent the UK in the world under 21s should he qualify.

Junior

• Like 1

Why , he has never ridden in an Australian senior title, must have a British passport , so there is nothing to stop him riding as a 3 pointer.

Danish League

I believe that there is a condition that if he takes part in the Aussie rounds before he is signed by a British club and is awarded an assessed average (as a Brit) then he is deemed to riding as an Australian, I am more than likely to be totally off course but it is something that is lurking in the back of the grey matter, but if I am correct then the Somerset management should be congratulated for making such an astute move

Does no one actualy care that he has a british heritage. Todd came in on a 3.00 and rides in the aussie championships and as was stated he was originally signed last season.

But what happened when he rode in Aussie titles???? ask any Newport fan and they will explain im sure!!!

I believe that there is a condition that if he takes part in the Aussie rounds before he is signed by a British club and is awarded an assessed average (as a Brit) then he is deemed to riding as an Australian, I am more than likely to be totally off course but it is something that is lurking in the back of the grey matter, but if I am correct then the Somerset management should be congratulated for making such an astute move

so you can sign a sure fire future superstar aged 10 this year to ride in 8 years time on a 3, in between he can win the world title, ride in the top leagues or change nationality and still be a 3 because of when he was signed??? You couldn't make it up :)
  • Like 2

Todd Kurtz signed for Newport in 2010 on a 3.00 average, one of his grandparents was Scottish. He had every right to.

In the 2011/2012 winter he took part in the Aussie champs and lost his right for his 2.5 deduction. Newport threatened to close because of this but we all know that was just a smoke screen.

What would happen though if a young, 100% Brit went and raced in the Danish super league before deciding to ride here? Would his average be 3.00 or more?

When was Brady 16? Maybe he raced in Denmark as a 15 year old, which they allow, and the BSPA rules dont state what a rider under the age of 16 can/cant comepete in.

All confusing but theres bound to be an explination.... I dont think him racing in Aussie under 21 titles means anything as Todd Kurtz done that and still got his reduction, it was the senior title that lost him his redudction.

Todd Kurtz signed for Newport in 2010 on a 3.00 average, one of his grandparents was Scottish. He had every right to.

In the 2011/2012 winter he took part in the Aussie champs and lost his right for his 2.5 deduction. Newport threatened to close because of this but we all know that was just a smoke screen.

What would happen though if a young, 100% Brit went and raced in the Danish super league before deciding to ride here? Would his average be 3.00 or more?

When was Brady 16? Maybe he raced in Denmark as a 15 year old, which they allow, and the BSPA rules dont state what a rider under the age of 16 can/cant comepete in.

All confusing but theres bound to be an explination.... I dont think him racing in Aussie under 21 titles means anything as Todd Kurtz done that and still got his reduction, it was the senior title that lost him his redudction.

And that is the most relevant fact why he should NOT be a 3 pointer. Poor Henning Loof was not given any sympathy or favours for riding two Danish reserve meetings as a tester a few years ago, and ended up with a 5 point average I think. And that's what should happen here to Brady.

And that is the most relevant fact why he should NOT be a 3 pointer. Poor Henning Loof was not given any sympathy or favours for riding two Danish reserve meetings as a tester a few years ago, and ended up with a 5 point average I think. And that's what should happen here to Brady.

Brady Kurtz appears to haven ridden twelve meetings in Danish Div 1 and two meetings in the top tier of the Danish Speedway League, for HSK Holsted in 2013.

If a Danish newcomer had the same experience he would be assessed as 7.00 not 5.00 when entering the PL :rolleyes:

Brady Kurtz appears to haven ridden twelve meetings in Danish Div 1 and two meetings in the top tier of the Danish Speedway League, for HSK Holsted in 2013.

If a Danish newcomer had the same experience he would be assessed as 7.00 not 5.00 when entering the PL :rolleyes:

I agree. In the case of Henning I think he eventually got a 5 which was still a bit high for him. Henning only rode 2 meetings as a reserve, to see how he did and then he came over to the UK. If Brady has done 12 + 2 meetings in Danish leagues, he should get a higher average.

• Like 4

the thing is thease rules are not being policed fair

some riders are being allowed in on the lowest assessed average possible either 3 or 5 points where others who have more of a argument to start on a 3 or 5 would have to start on a 5 or 7 respectivly

the rule need clarified in more simple terms and teams should not be allowed to release riders names as signed or signing before the confirmed average and all paperwork is in place

for tai to be given the average for a british rider he had to pledge to ride for gb instead of australia so if any dual nationality rider pledges to australia then he must be classed as a aussie and come in on the correct average

Edited by scarra

Lets hope this little piece of common sense turns out to be true and also a pre cursor to lots more common sense decisions.