British Speedway Forum

Rebels 2014

Out of interest has the Somerset 2014, one to seven as detailed in their press release, been formally approved by the appropriate authorities ?

The appearance on the BSPA Official Website of a Somerset press release does not confirm that the Rebels declaration has been homologated.

• Like 1

So at the end of all of this you state that, the ruled have been changed, the were changed because it was Somerset who were the club involved, and had your club been offered him you would have been appalled and would have ranted on here that your particular club had become a favourite of the powers that be and had effectively broken the rules to accommodate him for you.I am not an expert on the rules of speedway ( who is ) but there must be some reason why he is on a three however obscure, what I do disagree with is your thinly veiled attack that it is something to do with Somerset being some sort of favoured team in high places and your ridiculous claim that had he been offered to your team you would have said no.

according to their rules, they have broken them yes?? Don't you agree??

Oh dear some people have woke up on the wrong side of bed.

Considering it is a so called "rubbish side", sure is a lot of sour grapes that we have rightfully obtained a rider with a great potential. (Other aussie riders have come in on a 3.00 before).

All in all a good side not like last season but definitely good.

• Like 1

Who gives a toss, every other team could of signed him on a 3.00 ave but they didn't end off. Now get over it for god sake and move on, Somerset will be there or thereabouts but not guaranteed league winners.

Good luck to Josh G, Alex, Kyle and Sam Masters with their new teams, I have not been to speedway for three years but may venture to Plymouth or Somerset on the odd occasion during the coming season.

• Like 1

Oh dear some people have woke up on the wrong side of bed.

Considering it is a so called "rubbish side", sure is a lot of sour grapes that we have rightfully obtained a rider with a great potential. (Other aussie riders have come in on a 3.00 before).

All in all a good side not like last season but definitely good.

It not about other Aussies coming in on a 3 before though.

Where that has happened it has been within the rules as they havent previously ridden in Oz Championships or in other professional leagues.

BK has and therefore shouldnt qualify.

Its not really about how good or otherwise he is it is the fact that he clearly in the wrong category.

• Like 2

I am sure that this Somerset will be there or thereabouts when the honours are been handed out.

But I don't think that it is as good as the side they had last season.

There is no doubt that the top 3 has quality.

And with Brady Kurtz on the average that he has come in on is an excellent signing. I am sure that I read somewhere that he is been tipped to be the next big thing to come out of Aussie.

For me the question marks are with the other three, can Charles Wright cope with second string berth and the same goes for Todd Kurtz both have never really got past the been a good reserve position in a team, and I am not totally convinced that Paul Starke will good enough, I personally thought that they would have gone for Ollie Greenwood.

But the one thing that Somerset have never been afraid to do is to change things around and they can be very ruthless, think back to 2012 Masters getting the chop and then last season Stefan Nielsen.

Unlike last season where I had them out and out favourites I think that this team could do well but there is are no guarantees for me.

• Like 1

I am sure that this Somerset will be there or thereabouts when the honours are been handed out.

But I don't think that it is as good as the side they had last season.

There is no doubt that the top 3 has quality.

And with Brady Kurtz on the average that he has come in on is an excellent signing. I am sure that I read somewhere that he is been tipped to be the next big thing to come out of Aussie.

For me the question marks are with the other three, can Charles Wright cope with second string berth and the same goes for Todd Kurtz both have never really got past the been a good reserve position in a team, and I am not totally convinced that Paul Starke will good enough, I personally thought that they would have gone for Ollie Greenwood.

But the one thing that Somerset have never been afraid to do is to change things around and they can be very ruthless, think back to 2012 Masters getting the chop and then last season Stefan Nielsen.

Unlike last season where I had them out and out favourites I think that this team could do well but there is are no guarantees for me.

Think Charles Wright can handle it, not so sure about Todd Kurtz though.. and i must say, Olly Allan is a little bit of a risk, but, if, he stays injury free, he could be a trump card. But several in that team are being taken a chance on. Time will tell.

Could it be that Brady Kurtz was actually signed last season on a 3.00 average before he took part in any of the Aussie rounds would he then keep the average that he was signed on : confused.com : maybe Statman can confirm

Emilali I do not know what team you support and to be honest I do not care but I am positive that most if not all team managers will test the rules to the limit if you wait a little while then I am sure that a full explanation will be forthcoming or the BSPA will reject the team declaration

Could it be that Brady Kurtz was actually signed last season on a 3.00 average before he took part in any of the Aussie rounds would he then keep the average that he was signed on : confused.com : maybe Statman can confirm

Emilali I do not know what team you support and to be honest I do not care but I am positive that most if not all team managers will test the rules to the limit if you wait a little while then I am sure that a full explanation will be forthcoming or the BSPA will reject the team declaration

hes a so called berwick fan but hes really just a troll
  • Like 1

[/b]

thats quite funny!

Kings Lynn are also going to sign Robert Lambert now but not use him. Then they will encourage him to take out a German licence (EU rules atc etc) He will do really well ,perhaps get a GP call up etc etc

Then in a couple of years bring him in on a 3 - after all thats what they signed him on!

Yeah that should work - after all there will have been a precedent set in Brady Kurtz.

• Like 1