British Speedway Forum

Rebels 2014

bit of a tail,and charlie boy already in the 1/5 pray for no injuries. all pl teams look very similar at the moment, except rye house. they may be the ones to do the biz.. but a great looking side.

Edited by jenga

Poor side as it's the based on a strong top 3, the problem of course is having Oli in the side means it's only matter of time before rr comes into play and this side won't be able to cover it .

• Like 1

I agree with the concerns about Kurtz average. Down the road Roland Benko is at Plymouth and he has no experience and is on a 5.00. Whats the difference between the two? I suppose Manzaries at Ipswich has ridden in the World Cup so naybe he should have been slightly higher but who knows their is no rhyme nor reason behind it. At least the Rebels will beat their neighbours each time again this year!

Can't recall the last time the title was defended off the top of my head? Can the rebels do it ? A team that looks as good if not better than any currently announced but let's not forget we have a ace in the pack with our no8 Garry " the magician " May.... put all that together and the answer is yes of course they can..

Really? You think this is a team that looks "as good if not better than any other announced"??? Maybe again the best heatleader trio in the league so far (not the top 2 though :party: )... If any has an off night, there's not much support... Wright in the top 5 will be found wanting as I think will Kurtz...

As much as I loathe to say it, Ipswich are by far and away a more solid 1-7 who on the basis of what's announced so far, will be the team to beat. Newcastle and Workington aren't far behind them and then Somerset just ahead of the announced Rye 1-7... Unfortunately can't see Starke or Wright lasting the season at Somerset when averages drop...

• Like 2

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree... I'd say the Lawson/Summers/Smith heatleader trio at Redcar at least match the Somerset trio and Wright will find it very difficult in the main body of the team this time round... From the relative comfort of a reserve berth, a lot of riders beat better opponents but at no.2 or 4 it's a different kettle of fish altogether...

Don't know anything about Brady Kurtz - he may be a gem of a find but he'll take time to learn the circuits so in his first year, he'll be on a learning curve...

Personally think it's a mistake letting Davies and Newman go... At least then you had a second string that could back up the top men... 3 top heatleaders with 4 reserves in the past hasn't worked and that's what I think you've gone with...

It's a mixed team but a one that needs the top 3 firing in every meeting otherwise they could be on the end of a tanking or two...

Edited by Nutz
  • Like 1

Jason Doyle 9-79

Charles Wright 4-30

Todd Kurtz 4-92

Oliver Allen 8-09

Nick Morris 8-84

Paul Starke 3-61

Brady Kurtz 3-00

If that's not a League winning team I don't know what is, Gary "magic" May has done it again! :party:

Let me show you just a few of the teams that could be league winning teams :approve:

Workington Ippo Newcastle

Grazconek Worrall Lindgren

Campton Tungate Robson

Bach Risager Henry

Howarth Heeps Rosen

Wells Manzares Kerr

Morris Ellis Schramm

Mills Hawkins Rose

Can't recall the last time the title was defended off the top of my head? Can the rebels do it ? A team that looks as good if not better than any currently announced but let's not forget we have a ace in the pack with our no8 Garry " the magician " May.... put all that together and the answer is yes of course they can..

As good as currently announced certainly not any better :wink:

Edited by Taylorj

In my opinion the team is a gamble being so top heavy, I know points have been argued about certain riders rapidly improving but if Morris or Allen gets injured there is a big hole to fill. Ipswich and Newcastle seem better balanced to cope with the inevitable injuries that occur. That said I still think Worky will be there or thereabouts. Its shaping up to be a cracker of a season and I look forward to knocking you guys out of the cup early on ;)

Top 3 is very, very strong. Doyle is probably the best no 1 in the league bar maybe Craig Cook. Morris would be a number 1 anywhere else and Allen is capable of a 9+ average if he can stay fit.

Not sure about the other 4 though. Looks much weaker than some of the other contenders and although Wright & the Kurtz brothers will no doubt be good at home it could be a different story on the road.

Somerset will be up there but don't fancy this side to win the title.