British Speedway Forum

Mildenhall V Iow - Re-aranged Now 24/10

I would like to keep you updated but we are just setting off from Leicester now so out of contact of the BSF. Weather looks ok right now but depends on which way the showers go.

thanks anyway - who knows what the weather will do on days like this

Let's hope. with the gates about to open, that the band of rain (go to: http://www.metoffice...adar/index.html ) looking to be heading up that way either fizzles out before it gets there or misses the area.

Edited by Bryn

4.10pm: JUST spoken to Kevin Shepherd and only winner again is the weather! :sad: Provisional plan is to try again on Wednesday!

IF the IoW win on Weds how on earth are they going to be able to stage a home leg of the Final as Dudley stage their home leg on the only remaining Tuesday..?!

The more one looks at this the more one has to question the decision to go for a replay. Surely in the past some KOC competitions have used the run off at the end of the second leg when a tie's drawn. That would've saved us from all of this, this time around...

My wife and I can't get back to Mildenhall again this season, and the likelihood of us being able to get along to West Row next year until May, means that our re-admission tickets will be out of date.

As we left the stadium, two punters were being given their money back at the turnstiles, so I made the same request, but was told that there was no cash available at that location. That in itself was a lie, as I saw some £20 notes in a cash box that one of the ladies was closing.

When I asked why the previous two people were given a cash refund, yet we were being refused, we were told that they couldn't get back to any of the next three meetings (i.e. possibly two this year, and the opening meeting of 2014). We pointed out that we couldn't either, which is true, so why couldn't we be afforded the same treatment. “Oh, they came over from Holland” we were told, so obviously with tongue in cheek, I said that we live in Switzerland, but all to no avail.

So if any person in an official management capacity at Mildenhall Speedway is reading this, would you please advise me as to how to get a full refund please, because what happened at the turnstiles was out of order, you can't have one rule for one, and not another.

Mike Moseley

I'll give that a try, thanks.

Mike,

I hope that the email approach works and you are able to get your money back.

Full credit to the Mildenhall promotion and track staff who worked their socks off from 7 this morning to get a raceable track and it is just a pity that the weather forecast wasn't accurate.There was certainly far more rain than predicted.

Mike,

I hope that the email approach works and you are able to get your money back.

Full credit to the Mildenhall promotion and track staff who worked their socks off from 7 this morning to get a raceable track and it is just a pity that the weather forecast wasn't accurate.There was certainly far more rain than predicted.

Indeed Martin, full marks for everything Mildenhall did today Good to catch up with you again today, plus of course Graham 'R' who put in a faultless performance today :party:

Is this meeting definately on today,whats the weather like in the area ,it is supposed to be okay this afternoon

Meeting is off and now shown as such on the BSPA website. Meeting being run tomorrow now. 4th attempt to run this meeting - what a farce.

I know that you can't predict the weather but how do they expect riders, team managers and spectators to keep switching dates at such short notice? And the drivers/mechanics!!

Edited by Great Central

Yes it is ridiculous,Does the league co-ordinator decide these things,,if so how is he going to explain his ruling, if the final does not get completed ..When a simple run off on the night could have decided this ages ago.. Time to introduce some brains to the organisation of this league.. If indeed there is going to be one next season, with the possible drop outs occuring...? Grand Central is spot on with his views ..The chaos and costs caused to the rider,s and mechanics ,etc, days at work lost ,,as well in many cases ,These lads often finish up losing more than they earn,when the meeting finally takes place...

Edited by waco

Yes it is ridiculous,Does the league co-ordinator decide these things,,if so how is he going to explain his ruling, if the final does not get completed ..When a simple run off on the night could have decided this ages ago.. Time to introduce some brains to the organisation of this league.. If indeed there is going to be one next season, with the possible drop outs occuring...? Grand Central is spot on with his views ..The chaos and costs caused to the rider,s and mechanics ,etc, days at work lost ,,as well in many cases ,These lads often finish up losing more than they earn,when the meeting finally takes place...

If BBC Weather is to be believed the forecast is a sunny day for Thursday, Fingers crossed...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2642543