British Speedway Forum

Mildenhall V Iow - Re-aranged Now 24/10

Tomorrow sees the Mildenhall Fen Tigers clash with the IOW Wighlink Islanders in the 1st leg of the KOC semi- final replay, with the 2nd leg being held in the IOW on Tuesday. The first attempt to get a result saw a 90-90 draw over the two legs after an enthralling meeting last Tuesday.

The Islanders have been further hit by injuries, with Brendan Johnson ruled out for the season with a shoulder injury after a bad crash on Tuesday, but welcome back captain Ben Hopwood. The Tigers are without their captain Dan Halsey for this meeting but he will be back in time for the meeting on Tueday.

Who will win this time round? The weather looks favourite unless the forecast is totally wrong.

Tuesday's match at Smallbrook on the Island will now become the first leg, parade 6.50pm, first race 7pm. See you there?

Tuesday's match at Smallbrook on the Island will now become the first leg, parade 6.50pm, first race 7pm. See you there?

Hi Bryn! I am impressed to see you getting around so quickly after your recent serious accident. I hope the progress continues but remember - don't overdo things in the early days of recovery!

So Team for tonight are?

Worrall, R/R, Perry, Smart, Hopwood, Stoneman, Widman

Nielsen, R/R, Sarjeant. Baseby, Halsey, Rumsey, Phillips

Tomorrow

Nielsen, R/R, Morley, Baseby, Halsey, Mountain, Rumsey

Worrall, R/R, Perry, Smart, Hopwood, Stoneman, Widman.

Will be very close again i reckon.

Edited by Superstar1

Looking at the forecast, Sunday has to be in doubt, it looks as though there may be a chance middle of next week, darned weather, trouble is, at this time of the year, the Tracks dont dry out very quickly.

Edited by greyhoundp

Thanks Gustix, but I find these forecasts very inaccurate more often than not. The sun is supposed to be out where I am, but it's black and extremely wet.

I know. Where I live a rainy day is forecast but apart from a heavy shower at 8.30am it's been sunny! Perhaps a Mildenhall fan can look out of there window and see what's happening in that part of Suffolk?

I know. Where I live a rainy day is forecast but apart from a heavy shower at 8.30am it's been sunny! Perhaps a Mildenhall fan can look out of there window and see what's happening in that part of Suffolk?

That's what I was hoping for, but they all seem to have their heads buried in Facebook & Twitter these days, and sadly for me, I just can't grasp those two facilities very well.

That's what I was hoping for, but they all seem to have their heads buried in Facebook & Twitter these days, and sadly for me, I just can't grasp those two facilities very well.

Mike, I did see you appear on Fb the other day so well done for trying. Just heard that the meeting is still on despite a heavy shower this morning. Looks like a nice day there now but prospect of showers at any time.

Martin

Mike, I did see you appear on Fb the other day so well done for trying. Just heard that the meeting is still on despite a heavy shower this morning. Looks like a nice day there now but prospect of showers at any time.

Martin

thanks for update on weather would appreciate later update as leaving hertfordshire about 1-30

Martin

Thanks for that Martin. Yes I do try with Facebook, but get in a terrible mess. I can answer a topic okay, but trying to search for something/someone or start something new, then it's the blind leading the blind. As for Twitter, well I won't even go there, I don't have a clue!! Shame really, because I'm missing out on a lot, but I just can't grasp them for some reason.