British Speedway Forum

Birmingham V Poole Grand Final 2nd Leg

Some of the comments on here are out of order, and I hope that those of you that are critical of barker are ashamed of your selves. Only 6 weeks ago he was out for the season and you couldnt re declare a team as out of date by one day. Who shows up and back on the bike but BB, Broken back and all, Strapped and wrapped but up for it and ready to go. He scores points and is still fast then at Newcastle brakes hand 24 hours before Wolves, is it Rider replacement NO he shows again and rides through the pain, wrapped strapped and getting treatment between heats. Still rides and scores, his average is 6.7 and he scored 7 plus so leave him alone, Mr 100% needs time to heal, get the steel work out of his leg and get ready for next year, He did his job admirably. He was one of the first to go shake hands with all the Poole riders in the pits as well, so why dont you go grow a pair or shut up.

• Like 5

The difference between Poole's defeat in 2010 and this year was that the Birmingham Promotion and supporters were gracious and magnanimous in defeat ........................

Were they? I don't think so. The mic man decided to stay completely silent in the presentations. Not an utter, while who ever was in charge of the music blasted out "Money money money" by Abba when Poole were collecting their medals. Bad sportsmanship and sour grapes all rolled into one by the Birmingham Promotion. Enough witnesses to testify this is true.

In fact the back page of todays Bournemouth Echo has a big picture of Matt ford and Darcy Ward, and says, in a great big font, "You Are Jealous!". (aimed at internet trolls)

http://www.bournemou...alous__critics/

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Were they? I don't think so. The mic man decided to stay completely silent in the presentations. Not an utter, while who ever was in charge of the music blasted out "Money money money" by Abba when Poole were collecting their medals. Bad sportsmanship and sour grapes all rolled into one by the Birmingham Promotion. Enough witnesses to testify this is true.

In fact the back page of todays Bournemouth Echo has a big picture of Matt ford and Darcy Ward, and says, in a great big font, "You Are Jealous!". (aimed at internet trolls)

http://www.bournemou...alous__critics/

They're using the jeolousy tag are they? What a surprise!

That's what they'd like to believe as that would be far easier for them to understand.

• Like 2

They're using the jeolousy tag are they? What a surprise!

That's what they'd like to believe as that would be far easier for them to understand.

Because it is simply the truth of the matter. A bad English trait is to critisize dominance and success. Happens all the time with all leaders of sport.

"Anyone but Man Ure etc".

Other clubs need to raise their game to the same level as Poole or the dominance will just continue. And that's with a points limit in place so all teams start level every season.

• Like 2

Anyone know why Barker was not there collecting his medal

He was in the crowd talking to the fans, signing autographs, and so on.

Were they? I don't think so. The mic man decided to stay completely silent in the presentations. Not an utter, while who ever was in charge of the music blasted out "Money money money" by Abba when Poole were collecting their medals.

A master-stroke by whoever thought of that! :rofl:

However, I expect that those of the Poole fans who swore at the officials asking them to stop using air horns were offended. Too bad.

• Like 2

How is a comment in the Bournemouth Echo aimed at people on the internet? Don't think that paper gets distributed outside the local area.

Look, everyone knows teams that have continued success tend to get disliked in any sport, it's just something you have to put up with, you (Poole) won the play offs, that is all that should matter to you, not what everyone else thinks, rise above it! You won the play offs just enjoy it.

However, I expect that those of the Poole fans who swore at the officials asking them to stop using air horns were offended. Too bad.

It isn't like most of the Poole fans hadn't been to Perry Barr before id imagine.

It`s the whole `we are Poole, we will do what we want` attitude that most find quite nauseating , and at best totally disrespectful of the hard work and stipulations required to run speedway at Perry Barr.

Even more nauseating is the total lack of an apology for those who were there when air horns were used, the only remarks i have read from Poole fans was they were `sour grapes` for being asked not too.

Is it any wonder some Poole fans get such a hard time with manners like that. Devoid of any need to apologise for their behaviour.

• Like 3

And if Poole had acted in such a way you would be laughing just the same? I see Stevebrum agrees with you. No suprise there.

Green eyed monster, eh?

• Like 2

And if Poole had acted in such a way you would be laughing just the same? I see Stevebrum agrees with you. No suprise there.

Green eyed monster, eh?

No surprise that your usual clan agree with your every post, never surprised there.

Still at least we know you don't care about stipulations required to run speedway at Perry Barr. Bit like your promotions attitude to not carrying about anyone else but themselves ....

• Like 3

No surprise that your usual clan agree with your every post, never surprised there.

Still at least we know you don't care about stipulations required to run speedway at Perry Barr. Bit like your promotions attitude to not carrying about anyone else but themselves ....

So a few people blasted an airhorn? Why didn't the people at the gates stop them from being taken in? i have been to Perry Bar a few times and didn't know they couldn't be used, not that I use one. So how would Poole fans who came up for the final who had never been there before?

The Brum promotion are hardly to lose their licence because a few away fans blasted an airhorn a couple of times at a final. The bigger worry is who is going to finance the club so it can continue in 2014.

Because it is simply the truth of the matter. A bad English trait is to critisize dominance and success. Happens all the time with all leaders of sport.

"Anyone but Man Ure etc".

Other clubs need to raise their game to the same level as Poole or the dominance will just continue. And that's with a points limit in place so all teams start level every season.

Oh Steven, Steven.

You're posts make you look deluded. I fully understand team bias but you take it to another level!

'The truth of the matter' you say? Poole are disliked pure out of jealously? You mentioned childish behaviour earlier with regard to another poster. That's ironic as the whole jealousy retort is the most juvenile yet!

Deep down, I suspect it does bother Poole fans that they're so disliked. They'd rather that than be ignored though which is

exactly how posts of your nature should be treated.

• Like 1

So a few people blasted an airhorn? Why didn't the people at the gates stop them from being taken in? i have been to Perry Bar a few times and didn't know they couldn't be used, not that I use one. So how would Poole fans who came up for the final who had never been there before?

The Brum promotion are hardly to lose their licence because a few away fans blasted an airhorn a couple of times at a final. The bigger worry is who is going to finance the club so it can continue in 2014.

Its a bit like saying all promotions play by the same rules, so what if one bends it more than the others??

The attitude i expected.

And how do you know they wont lose their licence` because a couple of away fans blasted an airhorn`?? If you know anything of the fight they had and in particular from some residents who make life hell for the club you would show a little more humility than `so what`.

• Like 1

Where did all these air horns come from then, i hardly hear them at Poole so cannot be many. Sounds to me to be more rubbish spouted by those that hate Poole. Really is boring now, Poole won and were proud of that and i can tell you all now Poole will have a great year in 2014. :D

Its a bit like saying all promotions play by the same rules, so what if one bends it more than the others??

The attitude i expected.

And how do you know they wont lose their licence` because a couple of away fans blasted an airhorn`?? If you know anything of the fight they had and in particular from some residents who make life hell for the club you would show a little more humility than `so what`.

Mountain out of a mole hill, all this sounds like what hangs betweens a dogs rear legs.

Oh Steven, Steven.

You're posts make you look deluded. I fully understand team bias but you take it to another level!

'The truth of the matter' you say? Poole are disliked pure out of jealously? You mentioned childish behaviour earlier with regard to another poster. That's ironic as the whole jealousy retort is the most juvenile yet!

Deep down, I suspect it does bother Poole fans that they're so disliked. They'd rather that than be ignored though which is

exactly how posts of your nature should be treated.

Quite the oppsite, we all had a good laugh about it at Poole last night. :party:

He was in the crowd talking to the fans, signing autographs, and so on.

Great song choice, as we do have loads down here to spend on our speedway. :rofl:

• Like 1

Where did all these air horns come from then, i hardly hear them at Poole so cannot be many. Sounds to me to be more rubbish spouted by those that hate Poole. Really is boring now, Poole won and were proud of that and i can tell you all now Poole will have a great year in 2014. :D

Mountain out of a mole hill, all this sounds like what hangs betweens a dogs rear legs.

As expected. When Brian Buck (the man who was responsible for bringing Speedway back to Birmingham) takes to a forum to point out HE asked for Poole fans to not use them and got called a `sore loser` it is hardly making a mountain out of a molehill.

But as is to be expected, Poole fans take the approach that rubs many up the wrong way.

One could have hoped for a bit of sensibility from some, but it really is as we all expected.

exactly why in my earlier post i congratulated the riders and some true fans of Poole but this man is beyond that. his posts are all the same

had to laugh at Matt Fords comment last night ' we faced adversity in losing Darcy for 7 weeks'.

what he should have said was ' we were bottom of the league and although we dont like to see anyone injured, the fact Darcy did allowed us to strengthen the side in other areas and by the time Darcy was fit we was on a roll and climbing the table'

then again Poole do keep playing the 'we have had bad luck' card

You really are a pathetic individual.

• Like 1

You talk like an idiot Shovlar.(whats new)

Takes one complainent to close a club or a pub etc,I know Ive been there.

Get your facts right before you spout garbage.?

PS have you got a life judging by the amount of posts from you ????

• Like 1

PS have you got a life judging by the amount of posts from you ????

A fantastic one thank you very much. Cracking open the Krug tonight to celebrate our fabulous against all the odds Elite League Title. Fabulous.

And in a months time off for 3 weeks to Florida for some late sunshine before returning to enjoy Christmas with family and friends.