British Speedway Forum

Birmingham V Poole Grand Final 2nd Leg

This "proud" tradition began in 1981 v. Ipswich in the KO Cup Final.

Without checking the history books, last night was probably the closest we have come to winning a single tie in a major competition final since 1974!

That's a bit unfair really. The team that Birmingham ended up with was hardly worthy of a cup final and they gave Ipswich 2 bloody good meetings, despite the best efforts of Ebdon.

If you look at the post Shovlar i congratulated Poole riders and the majority of fans just not you or Hornblower.

my assessment of your side:

Ward - phenomanal talent best rider on show by a mile

Jonasson - erratic to say the least had trouble with the track

Hancock - looked slow couldnt understand the Pearson/Tatum swooning over him. The guy scored 5 points! Oh and he team rode in the first race!

Janowski - enigma gets zero then a win but definatly did his job.

Josh - superstar for the last few weeks and basically won Poole the league.

Newman - got 5 more than Dyer would have done.

When it mattered Poole came up trumps even if the Belle Vue away win still sticks in the throat. Sorry to say again but league champs should be team who finishes first, Newcastle suffered last year too.
  • Like 1

That's a bit unfair really. The team that Birmingham ended up with was hardly worthy of a cup final and they gave Ipswich 2 bloody good meetings, despite the best efforts of Ebdon.

I cant believe there was ever a meeting that Ebdon gave Ipswich anything but grief!!

I was only 11 at the time so dont remember the details of this cup final.

Pot and kettle?

Funnily enough that thought crossed my mind as well.

I cant believe there was ever a meeting that Ebdon gave Ipswich anything but grief!!

I was only 11 at the time so dont remember the details of this cup final.

Ebdon gave everyone grief, the bloke was grief full stop.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 1

How old are you? Eight?

Bloody school kid with your childish and imbecilic postings.

That's strange I could have sworn there is some sort of forum rule about attacking the post and not the poster. I seem to remember some pompous individual lecturing Gavan about it recently. Anyone remember who it was ?

• Like 3

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FRIENDS, WE'L KEEP ON FIGHTING TO THE END, WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, NO TIME FOR LOSERS CAUSE WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, OF THE LEAGUE!!!! :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :rofl:

Nuff said

But i will say congratulations to Birmingham who took the defeat gracefully. You've had a fantastic season, and don't anybody tell you otherwise.. :t:

And to all those Matt ford Bashers, keep bashing, the more you bash the harder we will try.. :icon_smile_clown: s

Hey, starman,you may want to put that again in a different order or you could be prosecuted under copyright laws?

Well,thats it for me!

Speedway Star cancelled and Sky off.

This is worse than F1 and thats saying something.

Ill stick to the GP`s on Eurosport.

• Like 1

Congratulations to the Brummies on a great season, which unfortunately ran out of steam............ roll on 2014.......wonder what half baked changes the nutters will bring in... dont think theres anything else to add... :shock::t:

Edited by noggin
  • Like 3

How old are you? Eight?

Bloody school kid with your childish and imbecilic postings.

nice effort! think you will find I haven't insulted you at all on here! if I don't want to congratulate you as an individual that's my choice. you say don't attack the poster. go back over my posts and find when I have. You don't practice what you preach shows signs of weakness in a man that does. one who if he doesn't like what he reads picks up his bat and ball and runs to the mods.

Congratulations Poole :t: , over the two legs you were the better side and more or less won it with your performance on home shale a week previously. I felt going into the final the momentum was with Poole after they sneaked into the top 4 and the comeback they had in the semi finals against the Robins and it showed.

Even though we fell at the last hurdle, I am so proud of all the Brummies riders this for reaching our first grand final. Its very easy to lose it in a grand final but its not easy to finish top of the pile after 28 league matches, which is what we done and in only our third season in the top flight. Stilll the name of the game is all down to playoffs for the title and well done Poole.

I was a bit disapointed to read on here and elsewhere about air horns in last nights match. I couldnt make it thanks to the very short notice in restaging from Mondays postponment but its alarming to hear of club officals getting a volley of abuse for asking fans to stop using airhorns . There is absolutley no need for it, we cannot have air horns at Perry Barr for ANY match. What happens now if someone, lets say a resident in Nash Square which is a residential road right near the stadium complains to the council. We fought hard to secure the sport in Birmigham , facing many hurdles in the way and that could be undone if complaints are made. People may have been unaware about the policy of Airhorns in the stadium but if anouncements are made and club officals ask people to stop, then they should stop using them!

• Like 3

That's strange I could have sworn there is some sort of forum rule about attacking the post and not the poster. I seem to remember some pompous individual lecturing Gavan about it recently. Anyone remember who it was ?

Read my post. Asking someone his age is a question, not an attack. The second part attacks his posts. I called his posts imbecilic and childish, which of course they are.

• Like 1