British Speedway Forum

Redcar Bears 2014.

Decent top 3. Lawson is a decent number 1 - not in the Cook/Doyle mould but will do the job and give Redcar greater strength in heats 13 and 15 than they've had in recent seasons. Smith is still improving and is good to watch. Not a huge Summers fans personally. I think he's levelled out as a 7 point rider and is inconsistent. That said plenty of scope for a solid bottom 4. Need a good reserve though for this team to be contenders.

Interesting in the SS that Havvy snr suggests five of the side could be British - so with Summers and Smith already signed that could mean the rest are British.

I would be shocked as that would mean Skidmore is out, and probably back at Sheffield, which I guess could be their choice but be a surprise if he is not with Redcar again.

Would also mean Ostergaard out, which as I have said is not bad thing - unfortunately it might mean Wilkinson returns but I really, really hope that is not the case.

• Like 2

when richard puts a couple of points on his average , wich he is very capable of doing. will worky take him back on in 2015, because as i se it . there will be no more room for improving the following year . so this will have a knock on effect through out the 2015 team building plans... also willl the bears fans give rich the adam judas roynon treatment. dont get upset rich , its only banter..

when richard puts a couple of points on his average , wich he is very capable of doing. will worky take him back on in 2015, because as i se it . there will be no more room for improving the following year . so this will have a knock on effect through out the 2015 team building plans... also willl the bears fans give rich the adam judas roynon treatment. dont get upset rich , its only banter..

Guess it depends on circumstances he leaves in - may get the James Grieves/Ty Proctor treatment who gave their all for the club, moved on for valid reasons and receive a tremendous reception whenever they return.

• Like 1

Thing with Roynon was bears gave him a chance to get back into racing after injury and he more or less threw it back at them by leaving for worky , if Rich is professional and being an ex cub sure he would be guaranteed a good reception

Edited by homer
  • Like 2

Rest of the Bears team Announced today - http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/speedway/familiar-faces-return-redcar-bears-6399071

Hugh Skidmore

Carl Wilkinson

Jan Graversen

Luke Crang

So the 1-7 looks really good.

1.Richard Lawson

2.Carl Wilkinson

3.Aaron Summers

4.Hugh Skidmore

5.Kozza Smith

6.Luke Crang

7.Jan Graversen

Great to see Wilko and Skidmore back and Graversen had a great year at Leicester last year and Crang should do well round the STMP. so looks like a good 1-7

It's a solid looking line-up. Lawson is a brilliant capture and Crang is a great prospect. None of the other five have exactly been moving up much in recent seasons. I think I would have left Wilko out, he falls off far too often and turns up with substandard equipment at times. Good luck to the Bears though, probably a mid-table side.... Prove me wrong! :-)

luke crang looks promising but not sure if hes ready for full time prem league yet jan gravarsen can win you a meeting with a big score but can go 3 or 4 scoring below what he should

kozza smith pritty sure this guy has what it takes and could be a good signing

hugh skidmore and wilko both have what it takes and we all know they can bang in solid scores but they just dont do it on a regular basis

would think richard lawson will be untrubaled as redcar no1 all season unless summers hits top form over a good few meetings

It's a solid looking line-up. Lawson is a brilliant capture and Crang is a great prospect. None of the other five have exactly been moving up much in recent seasons. I think I would have left Wilko out, he falls off far too often and turns up with substandard equipment at times. Good luck to the Bears though, probably a mid-table side.... Prove me wrong! :-)

Mid-table at best IMO