British Speedway Forum

Redcar Bears 2014.

Unfortunately RR thinks that is accusation is the 'truth' and every one else is wrong. Even Spinny has said that RR was always against Redcar from the start, so it is a hatred born out of something else, not the accusation that "he fiddled his average to get more guest bookings", which is a shocking thing, and a wrong accusation, for an 'adult' to say. Should know better, but doesn't, and fortunately is once again out of tune to what most decent Redcar fans think.

What most Redcar fans think? You cant have spoken to many Lyons was a carpet beater early in the season until his average dropped then he became a world beater once the guest booking rolled in. Fact im afraid and I doubt you watched him at Redcar every week when he wasnt riding well!

Sorry that should have said "Lyons from the start".

I defy you to produce any proof that Lyons ever contemplated, or did falsely lower his average deliberately, in order to get guest bookings. It's all in your mind and, fortunately, not in the minds of other Redcar fans. You are once again out of tune with your fellow fans.

Don't let me keep you up then.

Out of tune? Trust me at least one of the management team gad their suspicions regards Lyons early season performances.

Dont forget he started that season as PL number 1 so couldnt get guest bookings until his average dropped snd was then arguably Newcastles best rider!

• Like 2

What most Redcar fans think? You cant have spoken to many Lyons was a carpet beater early in the season until his average dropped then he became a world beater once the guest booking rolled in. Fact im afraid and I doubt you watched him at Redcar every week when he wasnt riding well!

Out of tune? Trust me at least one of the management team gad their suspicions regards Lyons early season performances.

Dont forget he started that season as PL number 1 so couldnt get guest bookings until his average dropped snd was then arguably Newcastles best rider!

nice 1 bellers, its 1 thing having an opinion, but when people start talking as a spokesman for redcar fans, it typifies tsunami..

• Like 2

If Havelock senior remains in charge we will have the smallest budge and cheapest team possible, we got lucky with Dyer this year.

Summers, Skidmore, Wilkinson, Ostergaard and Dilger will be back as most wont appeal to any other clubs and will therefore be cheap.

cant even afford a cuppa tea

I remember when I first went to speedway in the late 70s at Cleveland park ,People used to say what a friendly bunch speedway fans were .

How things have changed !

I find it absolutely appalling that so called fans question 2 riders who risk their lives riding in a sport that has its fair share of fatalities and both had their careers and livlihoods cut short through injuries on the track.

Since the return of speedway to redcar i go to as many meetings home and away as possible as i am proud to support the team riders and club but no longer stop after the meetings as I used to in the Cleveland park days.They are many good people at Redcar but I do not wish to be associated with a certain element of the fan base at Redcar which i ultimately believe will be the down fall of this club as they try to drive yet another promoter out .

I understand the frustration of some fans with the penny pinching and suppose Mr Havelock arriving every week by his yacht he moors on the Tees

or His Private Jet with all this money he's Making off the fans is rubbing our noses in it .

How ironic that the fans who wanted Glyn Taylor out and Brian Havelock in have now turned on him.

I have no doubt that who ever runs Redcar Speedway will never please a certain section of the crowd.

• Like 1

I remember when I first went to speedway in the late 70s at Cleveland park ,People used to say what a friendly bunch speedway fans were .

How things have changed !

I find it absolutely appalling that so called fans question 2 riders who risk their lives riding in a sport that has its fair share of fatalities and both had their careers and livlihoods cut short through injuries on the track.

Since the return of speedway to redcar i go to as many meetings home and away as possible as i am proud to support the team riders and club but no longer stop after the meetings as I used to in the Cleveland park days.They are many good people at Redcar but I do not wish to be associated with a certain element of the fan base at Redcar which i ultimately believe will be the down fall of this club as they try to drive yet another promoter out .

I understand the frustration of some fans with the penny pinching and suppose Mr Havelock arriving every week by his yacht he moors on the Tees

or His Private Jet with all this money he's Making off the fans is rubbing our noses in it .

How ironic that the fans who wanted Glyn Taylor out and Brian Havelock in have now turned on him.

I have no doubt that who ever runs Redcar Speedway will never please a certain section of the crowd.

Totally agree with all of that. The mindless few at STMP on a Thursday, bring a certain yob element that is not usually apparent at other tracks in such numbers. The second bend/bar terrace crowd cheering when Diamonds have fallen on the 1st/bend and shouting " hope you break your f*****g leg" is disgusting and should be wiped out of the sport. Fortunately, despite their antics, there are still a lot of nice pleasant Bears fans who are equally disgusted at the other fans behaviour. When I go to STMP, I have a bit of banter with some fans in the temp stands, and we have even been asked to come back and stand with them again next time. That's how it should be, and a good safe enjoyable night had by all.

• Like 4

Totally agree with all of that. The mindless few at STMP on a Thursday, bring a certain yob element that is not usually apparent at other tracks in such numbers. The second bend/bar terrace crowd cheering when Diamonds have fallen on the 1st/bend and shouting " hope you break your f*****g leg" is disgusting and should be wiped out of the sport. Fortunately, despite their antics, there are still a lot of nice pleasant Bears fans who are equally disgusted at the other fans behaviour. When I go to STMP, I have a bit of banter with some fans in the temp stands, and we have even been asked to come back and stand with them again next time. That's how it should be, and a good safe enjoyable night had by all.

Kettle and pot springs to mind.

Many Bears supporters wont go to Newcastle anymore due to the disgusting antics of a minority there who also cheer when opposing riders fall and openly state they hope they are injured!!!!

Can you not see the wood fot the trees? It happens everywhere!!!!

• Like 1

Kettle and pot springs to mind.

Many Bears supporters wont go to Newcastle anymore due to the disgusting antics of a minority there who also cheer when opposing riders fall and openly state they hope they are injured!!!!

Can you not see the wood fot the trees? It happens everywhere!!!!

IT SHOULDN'T!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 2

Didnt say it should did I?

The fact is it does so why does your friend Tsunami feel the need to just point the finger at Bears fans?

Simple, to cause trouble as usual!

No - he is talking sense.

I have had a foot in BOTH Camps and there are people at BOTH Tracks that should kerb their behaviour - not just at Redcar and Newcastle either.

No - he is talking sense.

I have had a foot in BOTH Camps and there are people at BOTH Tracks that should kerb their behaviour - not just at Redcar and Newcastle either.

How in the blue hell do you have a foot in both camps? YOU DONT.

You are a Newcastle fan.

WE ARE REDCAR BEARS, SAY WE ARE REDCAR BEARS

• Like 3