British Speedway Forum

Redcar Bears 2014.

whys that?

Because of his skinflint, pennypinching ways, which always seem, to put a black cloud over everything. Treats the fans and the riders with contempt. I know many riders who do not like doing business with him. If you think he's so good, you have him, promote for you. I don't think there would be much opposition from Redcar fans.

• Like 1

Because of his skinflint, pennypinching ways, which always seem, to put a black cloud over everything. Treats the fans and the riders with contempt. I know many riders who do not like doing business with him. If you think he's so good, you have him, promote for you. I don't think there would be much opposition from Redcar fans.

i didnt say he was good, i didnt know about him TBH

Look what happened when he promoted at Newcastle. Closed them down!

Look what happened when he promoted at Newcastle. Closed them down!

As usual you are talking tripe. Newcastle Speedway closed down in 1994 because the owner at the time, Kevin Wilde, was sick of speedway and told us he was closing down the speedway at the end of 1994. We looked for an alternative venue everywhere around Newcastle with no success, until Wilde's Accountant, Eric Armstrong, bought Brough Park off Wilde and heard we were still interested in running speedway. We did a deal for 1997 with Armstrong as a partner and rejoined speedway in the PL. Unfortunately Armstrong went bust during that year, we continued under KPLM liquidators, and a new owner, Alan Roberts, was found and we resumed again in 1998.

• 3 weeks later...

i had a lot of respect for the guy in the late 70s and 80s as a rider and manager but since hes taken over things have gone from bad to worse.

although we seemed to field a good line up this year we lack ambition and everything seems to be done on a shoe string.

time to for some new backers and new ideas instead of just existing

• Like 1

i had a lot of respect for the guy in the late 70s and 80s as a rider and manager but since hes taken over things have gone from bad to worse.

although we seemed to field a good line up this year we lack ambition and everything seems to be done on a shoe string.

Sadly Mr M, what you say is true. It is produced on a shoe string, with no thought given to packaging or marketing. It's all pretty one dimensional stuff really.

Sadly Mr M, what you say is true. It is produced on a shoe string, with no thought given to packaging or marketing. It's all pretty one dimensional stuff really.

But if there is no money in the club how do you expect them to pay top dollar they can only spend and pay out what they have like every other club or go belly up.

But if there is no money in the club how do you expect them to pay top dollar they can only spend and pay out what they have like every other club or go belly up.

I think the quote above yours maybe answers your question?

Nobody said they needed to throw cash about all over the place. They don't maximise what they have got, or show any initiative to project the business. Have you ever heard the saying "pennywise, pound foolish" or even "speculate to accumulate" and you are right the club could go belly up. Unless someone wakes up and smells the coffee, shows some initiative, it will be a slowly strangulating, lingering death.
  • Like 1