British Speedway Forum

Redcar Bears 2014.

My first post here...ive been an observer and decided to get involved :)

it was a cold day at Redcar p and p yesterday, the track was pretty smooth looking,

the air fence didnt block too much of the view, the new kevlars looked ok,

Richard hall looked fastest of the lot, Crang looked good, there was a new polish rider putting some laps in

he looked fast and stylish, might be one to watch, kuzyn was his name (i think)

as long as we hit the ground running we should be ok this season, maybe make the play offs.

• Like 1

My first post here...ive been an observer and decided to get involved :)

it was a cold day at Redcar p and p yesterday, the track was pretty smooth looking,

the air fence didnt block too much of the view, the new kevlars looked ok,

Richard hall looked fastest of the lot, Crang looked good, there was a new polish rider putting some laps in

he looked fast and stylish, might be one to watch, kuzyn was his name (i think)

as long as we hit the ground running we should be ok this season, maybe make the play offs.

Nice to know it went well. The play off's would be a surprise, but you never know. How many times did Wilko fall off? :-)
  • Like 1

Think its pretty much the same with P&P days, everybody looks good on their own. All joking aside, Wilko put in some serious work and never hit the deck once. Lets see what happens when they line up with 3 other riders to contend with.

i agree yeah its a lot different when theres 3 other riders out there with you, wilko looked smooth and fast,in fact no one hit the deck,

hopefully we can gell and get some team spirit going, other wise it will be another tough season!

One request to the Bears management:

Get some more dirt down, went very bare very quickly...............

Unless you are Kings Lynn, most tracks produce a slick track for their first races of the year. It's easier to ride, and the surface is more consistent throughout the session with light grading.

Unless you are Kings Lynn, most tracks produce a slick track for their first races of the year. It's easier to ride, and the surface is more consistent throughout the session with light grading.

With the way the bikes are set up and tuned, the only option is to run with a slick track. Racing on a grippy deep track with these set ups leads to processional racing, as it's been up in Berwick for most of the last 4 seasons, with an occasional glimpse of a brilliantly prepared track, as in the FIM under 21s, where a well prepared slick track, gave the fans some of the best racing seen in a long time.

Does anyone have the Redcar fixture list, the website site doesn't appear to have updated the fixtures from last year.

People are working behind the scenes to either replaced the website or have it rapidly improved....