British Speedway Forum

Redcar Bears 2014.

Agree they are meant to be professional sportsman so if they are changing clubs ect they should make sure there are no obstructions or rule changes regarding things like visas.It does seem a bit harsh but if that is the ruling tough.

Are they not Self-employed sportsmen though? If so, it should be down to the rider first and foremost should it not? It should then be up to the clubs to check everything is in place?

Edited by The Abbott

Certainly can't use r/r for a rider who has never raced for you and who isn't going to be available anyway. Exceptions granted in the past were for riders returning to their last season's club who had been injured pre-season.

So how did Newcastle get RR of Tully last year then??---i think the rule has been changed

• Like 1

maybe my wording is not clear but I that is what I mean,it's up to the rider first and foremost.

Sorry! I was replying to your post which was in reply to yoda who said "I do believe it's up to the cluibs...." to which you agreed!

But I'm in agreement with you, it's should be up to the riders not club.

So how did Newcastle get RR of Tully last year then??---i think the rule has been changed

The rule remains. Newcastle were granted an exemption because Tully was here in the UK, injured on the track (albeit in a practice) and would be resuming with the Diamonds when fit.

Sadly, Kozza Smith isn't here, and we must presume won't be.

So where do the Bears go from here? Suggestions on a postcard?

Havelock has confirmed he has already spoken to Kauko Niemenen - who is not riding in England this year.

Nemo isn't riding in England this year, and certainly wouldn't be at Redcar even if he changed his mind, as his Thursday-night Swedish team would be very unhappy.

So -- who replaces Kozza?

Hard to critique the signing of Hall, as there's not much out there. But leave Redcar very weak now imo. The guy has an awful attitude as which was shown at Sheffield last season and I'd be very glad never to see him in a Sheffield race jacket again.

He is a former winner of the 'Silver Helmet' at Redcar - so I would expect him to do well there.