British Speedway Forum

Redcar Bears 2014.

So close, but think we might have missed the mark.

I would have had Wilkinson happily at reserve but not in the main body of the team why could we not take a chance on a youngster from Aussie or America in his place of him amazes me, but no doubt he remains the 'cheap' option - oh and dont forget he is a lovely chap, that's ok then - doesnt matter if he fails to do anything all season - as long as he is a good guy!

Garversen I didnt mind last time, decent enough but not much improvement on Dilger IMO but again will be quite cheap.

Skidmore, well he will hit his average again - dont see him adding to it - but will do his job from number 2 as well as any in the league.

Delighted to have Crang in the team, good to take a chance on a rider that has those links to our Cleveland Park days.

Overall, not a bad team at all and I think our three heat leaders are very good - will entertain and shouldnt get beat at home but it wont be able to live with some of the big teams unless Crang turns out to be a 5 or 6 point man which is unlikely.

Dont think we will be troubling the play-off places again.

Edited by RedcarRacer

Pleased with getting Skiddy back. Crang is a good choice as wll benefit with his appearances with Coventry in NL.

Never been a big fan of Graversen. Lets hope that Wilco invests on his machinery, and less of the falls.

Personaly would of prefered others, rather than Jan and Carl.

Probably the usual cost cutting that this consortium runs by.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

news coming through that richard lawson has been sold by workington to lakeside. dont know how this will affect the d/u riders availability for redcar if there is a fixture clash between red and lakeside.. who has the first dip at his services.

news coming through that richard lawson has been sold by workington to lakeside. dont know how this will affect the d/u riders availability for redcar if there is a fixture clash between red and lakeside.. who has the first dip at his services.

Lakeside will, i think :neutral:

What night do Lakeside race on?

Lakeside will, i think :neutral:

What night do Lakeside race on?

Would have thought he would have to honour the original contract signed.

Lakeside ride on a Friday, and Redcar ride on a Thursday.

Would have thought he would have to honour the original contract signed.

Lakeside ride on a Friday, and Redcar ride on a Thursday.

I knew Redcar but just not Lakeside, don't really follow the EL that much.

And i think you are right its the longest contract, which i think was lakeside wasnt it?

As a Lakeside asset they get priority if there are fixture clashes.

Yes. You have to sign the annual 3 part rider contract with your asset holding club, before the rider signs for a loan or D/U deal with another team.

• 2 weeks later...