British Speedway Forum

Redcar Bears 2014.

Firstly the current consortium to bow out.

A new Promotion with some drive and enthusiasim.

If the points limit remains at 42.50 and double upper's remain, here is my first punt.

Adam Scornicki 10.50/Cameron Woodward 10.41

Cameron Heeps 6.04

Ulrich Ostergaard 6.52

Hugh Skidmore 5.65

Aaron Summers 7.14

Brady Kurtz 3.00

Robert Lambert 3.00

Total 41.85/41.76.

• Like 1

Firstly the current consortium to bow out.

A new Promotion with some drive and enthusiasim.

If the points limit remains at 42.50 and double upper's remain, here is my first punt.

Adam Scornicki 10.50/Cameron Woodward 10.41

Cameron Heeps 6.04

Ulrich Ostergaard 6.52

Hugh Skidmore 5.65

Aaron Summers 7.14

Brady Kurtz 3.00

Robert Lambert 3.00

Total 41.85/41.76.

:rofl: sorry.

It would be a good team but not very realistic, its a bit like some of my fantasy teams i make.

Edited by DIAMONDS
  • Like 1

50k.... Should that be in the joke section :)

Always start high when negotiating a sale! wink

edit

Bringing back bad memories of us turning down £15k for Savalas Clouting. lol

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Like 2

Think everyone would love a change at the very top!

To the 2014, I would only consider Dyer, Summers and Skidmore from the 2013 side.

Clearly Dyer is going elsewhere - so Summers and Skidmore I would like to think will be back, dont think anyone would be desperate for Summers given his PL displays, whilst Skidmore has done well - but remains to be seen whether new Sheffield owners may want him back.

I would look at Taylor Poole, worth bringing over and a great talent in my eyes.

And with air fences fitted, surely we have to bring Maks Gregoric back on less than 5.

I wouldnt mind starting with...

Summers

Skidmore

Poole

Gregoric

However, I suspect Wilkinson and Ostergaard may be signed up, and wouldnt rule Kus out - all three are relatively cheap and current consortium love to pay peanuts!

kus is a must for redcar. this oould be his season.

If Kus does come back, (if I understand the rolling averages, and I'm not certain I do) then Mattys' average should fall quite a lot as the season goes on due to his low scores this season.

It's all a bit irrelevant until we know league structure and points limit etc etc, but based on current rules and looking at riders from this season this is my initial starting point using most recent averages

Lawson 8.28

Summers 7.14

Ostergaard 6.52

Jorgensen 6.14

Skidmore 5.65

Wilkinson 5.59

3.00 (Bates/Crang/Phillips)

Edited by northyorksbear

Not a bad looking side at all nyb. Think Ulrich on that average is a must. He is never going to be a 8-9 point man again but on decent kit is way better than 6.5. Jorgensen has had some great meetings at STMP as well. Skidmore has had a very decent season - very consistent and whilst he may not increase his average massively is always good for 6-7 points. Can't see Kus back next season and think Dyer will probably be off to Workington (if he comes back to the UK!)

Entertainment wise would love to have Kozza Smith - was superb value at the Silver Helmet and really played to the crowd as well. A big fan of Phillips although not sure he would be ready for PL next season - maybe a full season in NL and then step up. Someone like Bates would be a decent option though.

Big thing for me is to get the 'off-track' stuff sorted over the winter. For a large part of the season the track was awful. This has been much better the last month of the season so hopefully we now have that sorted. Think we do need some fresh ideas at the top though - and with the constant rumors of new directors it would be good to get that put to bed nice and early so we can all move on.

Not a bad looking side at all nyb. Think Ulrich on that average is a must. He is never going to be a 8-9 point man again but on decent kit is way better than 6.5. Jorgensen has had some great meetings at STMP as well. Skidmore has had a very decent season - very consistent and whilst he may not increase his average massively is always good for 6-7 points. Can't see Kus back next season and think Dyer will probably be off to Workington (if he comes back to the UK!)

Entertainment wise would love to have Kozza Smith - was superb value at the Silver Helmet and really played to the crowd as well. A big fan of Phillips although not sure he would be ready for PL next season - maybe a full season in NL and then step up. Someone like Bates would be a decent option though.

Big thing for me is to get the 'off-track' stuff sorted over the winter. For a large part of the season the track was awful. This has been much better the last month of the season so hopefully we now have that sorted. Think we do need some fresh ideas at the top though - and with the constant rumors of new directors it would be good to get that put to bed nice and early so we can all move on.

I agree about Skidmore boz - he was very consistent at Newcastle. :shock::wink::blink:

Edited by The White Knight

Trying to be nice as possible :D

1. Ben Barker 9.44

2. Carl Wilkinson 5.59 or Hugh Skidmore 5.65

3. Ulrich Ostergaard 6.52

4. Mickey Dyer 7.58

5. Aaron Summers 7.14

6. Mitchell Davey 3.00

7. Simon Lambert 3.00

Bit weak on the reserves but the rest of the team is great IMO

Edited by DIAMONDS

Trying to be nice as possible :D