British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2014

Stew Dickson (@glesgagaffer) tweeted at 0:03 AM on Tue, Dec 31, 2013: Ma advisers have offered Henning a deal for 2014, baw is in his court but a expect him tae sign it, looking a assessed rider fur last spot

In that case it would have to be a 5.00 assessed rider. It was all going so well too!

Perhaps it was Ringwood that stalled everything, though I really wanted him back. No point bringing in an assessed 5 pointer who finds his feet over the season then doesn't return to build on that the following year.

If HB is to sign he needs to sort himself out. I'm sure I read in the programme he bought Peter Juul's equipment to use during 2013 and it showed.

Would still go for Lemon and a 3.5 ish rider.

Please someone tell me what I'm supposed to believe!

Can't imagine Stewart would be so indiscreet.

Please someone tell me we are not signing Henning!

My hopes are up after our first 5 signings and Edinburgh's Lidl team (sorry no offence intended Lidl).

Please don't take that hope away!

I feel like a real party pooper but I am not sure if everyone is just trying to be ultra hip and post modern and playing along but that Stewart Dickson Twitter account is a parody.

It's really funny and occasionally it is insightful.

I am posting this again for those technophobes.

Edited by Joseq7

I feel like a real party pooper but I am not sure if everyone is just trying to be ultra hip and post modern and playing along but that Stewart Dickson Twitter account is a parody.

It's really funny and occasionally it is insightful.

I am posting this again for those technophobes.

Wouldn't be very professional for a team manager to comment on a signing on twatter before the deal was done . So yes we all got a wee fright :P

Looking at most teams declared so far the number 7,s seems to be British 3 pointers and in their first full year and think if we get someone with a bit more experience there , it could be the key to a decent season would like Joey one of our assets finished well and will be better with having ridden all away track last season think he should be given a chance

Looking at most teams declared so far the number 7,s seems to be British 3 pointers and in their first full year and think if we get someone with a bit more experience there , it could be the key to a decent season would like Joey one of our assets finished well and will be better with having ridden all away track last season think he should be given a chance

Yes I would have thought it sensible to have two potentially strong reserves (assuming Thomsen is the other) so that if the young French chap doesn't get off to a flying start then he could slip to reserve and there would a least be half a chance that Thomsen or Ringwood could slot into the team with some confidence under their belt.

As you say it also seems sensible that Glasgow employ as many of their assets as possible. After a bit of a stuttering start last year it would be good to see Glasgow improving their asset base.

• Like 1

Yes I would have thought it sensible to have two potentially strong reserves (assuming Thomsen is the other) so that if the young French chap doesn't get off to a flying start then he could slip to reserve and there would a least be half a chance that Thomsen or Ringwood could slot into the team with some confidence under their belt.

As you say it also seems sensible that Glasgow employ as many of their assets as possible. After a bit of a stuttering start last year it would be good to see Glasgow improving their asset base.

Just a shame that our asset base is very limited !