British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2014

Albin i'm not sure about . Yes he did have a decent meeting when Sheffield were up , but most of our lower order were minging at the time and it wouldn't have been too difficult to score 6 against us .

Nicki Barrett showed a liking to Ashfield on more than one occasion...think a change of track may be what he needs.

Showed flashes of potential in his Berwick stint but I think niggling injuries halted his progress as he struggled to get over his pre season skiing accident.

Nicki Barrett showed a liking to Ashfield on more than one occasion...think a change of track may be what he needs.

Showed flashes of potential in his Berwick stint but I think niggling injuries halted his progress as he struggled to get over his pre season skiing accident.

Barrett was impressive at Ashfield ,gate and go suits him especially on a smaller track,certainly would do a job at home

Anyway , we're getting away from the important stuff i.e. .............the final two riders . I can't for the life of me understand why we haven't added Joey Ringwood . Hit a purple patch of form at the tail end of last season , starts off on the sort of average he can improve two or three points on . One can only assume it's Ringwood that's stalling .

So with 10.66 left ,and if Ringwood doesn't return , do we go for two five pointers ( which would bring Bager into the equation and do we want to go down that road again ? ) or do we go for someone like Nikki Barrett and a seven pointer

The seven pointer is also a quandry . Would have loved Dakota North back , but it seems he's chosen to not get paid in the Polish lower leagues , and with Andrew Tully seemingly taking a year out . Who is there ?

Tully on 7.19 would have offered very poor value, leave it to someone else to take the hit. I keep wondering what has happened to Kauko, no mention of him anywhere however his 7.25 couldn't be accommodated with Ringwood by 0.15. Josef Franc would be a decent rider without the pressure of being No1 however he has a habit of missing many UK fixtures. Tough one this!

What about Seb Alden? Or does he not fancy a full season over here hence why Berwick never signed him

Average is 7.37 which means we couldn't fit in Ringwood as well.

Tully on 7.19 would have offered very poor value, leave it to someone else to take the hit. I keep wondering what has happened to Kauko, no mention of him anywhere however his 7.25 couldn't be accommodated with Ringwood by 0.15. Josef Franc would be a decent rider without the pressure of being No1 however he has a habit of missing many UK fixtures. Tough one this!

Average is 7.37 which means we couldn't fit in Ringwood as well.

I've always like Franc, though sometimes he can be frustratingly.

He's been unbeatable sometimes at Ashfield, then a totally different rider other times.

I've been trying to figure out who we could get and keep coming to the conclusion that we'll bring in an untried foreigner. Which I really don't want. It's good to have one untried with potential (and potential to sell on for £££££s), but two can be a waste of the preceding team building efforts.

He's been unbeatable sometimes at Ashfield, then a totally different rider other times.

I've been trying to figure out who we could get and keep coming to the conclusion that we'll bring in an untried foreigner. Which I really don't want. It's good to have one untried with potential (and potential to sell on for £££££s), but two can be a waste of the preceding team building efforts.

Reported in this week's Star that Daugavpils have signed Franc.

Don't they race on Sundays ?

Agreed, Berge is the gamble rider that you just won't know how it'll work out. At this stage I would go for Mark Lemon on 6.44. I've got no problem with him, he would be a second string, no pressure of winning the big heats and he knows all the tracks. As long as he maintained his average you couldn't ask for more than that from him. That would allow us to retain Ringwood who we bred last season. He has the speed and style to win races just needs more aggression.

Agreed, Berge is the gamble rider that you just won't know how it'll work out. At this stage I would go for Mark Lemon on 6.44. I've got no problem with him, he would be a second string, no pressure of winning the big heats and he knows all the tracks. As long as he maintained his average you couldn't ask for more than that from him. That would allow us to retain Ringwood who we bred last season. He has the speed and style to win races just needs more aggression.

See where you are coming from regarding Lemon but I guess we look for riders who can progress and this is why I wouldn't want but in reality he wouldn't be an awful signing and I'm sure he would hold his average from second string

Signing Lemon would certainly be preferable to our promotion stood next to the Little Mermaid in Copenhagen shouting " bring out your dead "

• Like 2

Franc's long track rules him out IMO

How about Sanchez, a proven premier league rider, good second string can score well home and away, no problem for him racing on a Sunday, got to be a better option than Bager. Also would leave points for a good reserve

No chance, he started at Glasgow around 1999 or 2000, had a decent first season but all went downhill from there and we moved him on to Trelawny I think. Don't remember him ever having a decent score at Ashfield and crucially never rode during 2013.

Morris in rusty out. ringwood and another 4.4 ish rider whos available on arohnd 4.4

On a point of principle I'd be unhappy with that.

However, come the first meeting at the Sainsbury's arena I'll have forgotten about it.

Edited by george.m
  • Like 1

Stew Dickson (@glesgagaffer) tweeted at 0:03 AM on Tue, Dec 31, 2013: Ma advisers have offered Henning a deal for 2014, baw is in his court but a expect him tae sign it, looking a assessed rider fur last spot

Not what we wanted to hear

• Like 1