British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2014

I doubt it will be Henning now, as I am sure when The Sun mentioned the Coventry Cracker - he was listed as 'ex-Glasgow rider'?

As a few people have already mentioned previously, I would like to see Joey signed next and then a young 7pt Danish gem pulled out the hat as our final signing?!

I'd prefer a tried and trusted PL performer to go along with Ringwood . Our record in the Danish market isn't great in recent seasons . Thomsen has a chance of making it , but Peter Juul and Anders Andersen weren't up to much .

• Like 4

I doubt it will be Henning now, as I am sure when The Sun mentioned the Coventry Cracker - he was listed as 'ex-Glasgow rider'?

As a few people have already mentioned previously, I would like to see Joey signed next and then a young 7pt Danish gem pulled out the hat as our final signing?!

Officially he is of course an ex-Glasgow rider, as he hasn't signed for us for 2014. Yet.

If he's on the market (hopefully he's putting himself in the shop window at Coventry) an our the delay in announcing the final two is an indication we are not interested.

Newcastle asked Rene to recommend one last year and he said there was no-one good enough for the PL coming through the ranks. Sweden may be your better bet.

Would Fredrik Engman come in on an assesed 7, that would be a cracking signing. Also I'd like to see Ringwood back.

1. Kevin Wolbert 8.40

2. Dimitri Berge 5.00

3. Fredrik Engman 7.00

4. Rusty Harrison 6.63

5. Theo Pijper 7.70

6. Joey Ringwood 3.56

7. Anders Thornsen 4.11

Thoughts?

Newcastle asked Rene to recommend one last year and he said there was no-one good enough for the PL coming through the ranks. Sweden may be your better bet.

I'm sure my Tiger friends are after Frede Schott, just the right age and an ex-Monarch too ;)

• Like 1

I'm sure my Tiger friends are after Frede Schott, just the right age and an ex-Monarch too ;)

Full credit to the promotion for this initiative.

Has to be unique in speedway, if not any sport I've heard of.

Must be a first with both teams being in the same league.

Of course I'm referring to the Monarchs being Glasgow's feeder club.

• Like 1

MMMMmmmm. George, don`t you think agents Wolbert and Pijper are keeping their throttle arms warm, "manipulating" their averages downwards, before returning "home" in 2015 or after.

Makes sense don`t you think??

Thought the whiter than white Monarchs were above all that stuff , and it was only us that practised the dark speedway arts :P

• Like 3

MMMMmmmm. George, don`t you think agents Wolbert and Pijper are keeping their throttle arms warm, "manipulating" their averages downwards, before returning "home" in 2015 or after.

Makes sense don`t you think??

Nah. Theo comes to the club where his heart lies.

Kevin prefers the Glasgow deep fried burgers to the Edinburgh grilled ones. ;)

Nah. Theo comes to the club where his heart lies.

Kevin prefers the Glasgow deep fried burgers to the Edinburgh grilled ones. ;)

Was the Berlin ones that allegedly caused the problems :o

• Like 1

Anyway , we're getting away from the important stuff i.e. .............the final two riders . I can't for the life of me understand why we haven't added Joey Ringwood . Hit a purple patch of form at the tail end of last season , starts off on the sort of average he can improve two or three points on . One can only assume it's Ringwood that's stalling .

So with 10.66 left ,and if Ringwood doesn't return , do we go for two five pointers ( which would bring Bager into the equation and do we want to go down that road again ? ) or do we go for someone like Nikki Barrett and a seven pointer

The seven pointer is also a quandry . Would have loved Dakota North back , but it seems he's chosen to not get paid in the Polish lower leagues , and with Andrew Tully seemingly taking a year out . Who is there ?

Edited by Paulco