British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2014

Has our team captain been decided yet?

Reason I ask is, and I could be reading too much into this, could it be a reflection on one of the riders we're yet to sign?

Might be we've just not got round to doing it or announcing it?

I don't! ;):cheers:

So why all the secrecy? Edited by george.m

Reason I ask is, and I could be reading too much into this, could it be a reflection on one of the riders we're yet to sign?

So why all the secrecy?

For all it really means , i'd give it to Pijper . But in reality , Stewart Dickson doesn't have many peers in pumping riders up so the captaincy is not a real issue .

• Like 1

So why all the secrecy?

Theo is team captain material all the way, Id be shocked if he wasnt named captain - he is just what we need in the pits, effort, help, pulling everyone together as a team, great with the fans, great team man. I reckon it should be a no brainer, real leadership

• Like 4

Theo is team captain material all the way, Id be shocked if he wasnt named captain - he is just what we need in the pits, effort, help, pulling everyone together as a team, great with the fans, great team man. I reckon it should be a no brainer, real leadership

I was thinking that myself. Think he was El Capitano when he rode for our feeder club back in 2007.

Now that Wethers has signed for Berwick riders on or around that 6-7 point mark are starting to get thin on the ground what about Ostergaard on 6.52 to go with Joey on 3.56 as the final two, I know he was slightly inconsistent at Redcar last year but on that average surely he is worth a punt would prefer him to Lemon to be honest.

I doubt Dakota would come back. Would have him in a minute though. Think he was only able to sign once his Polish commitments had died down. I assume he will be back over there for the majority of Sunday's now. Not sure if the budget will stretch to Ostergaard as we would probably have to fly him in every week. More likely will be a UK resident I would assume like Pepe Franc

I don't think that Joey has necessarily put pen-to-paper but he will probably have been the very first to be told "you're in if we can fit you in".

If we can't get someone to use up the vast majority of the remaining 7.10 to be complimented by Ringwood's 3.56 then we'll need to change tact.

All things being equal it would not have been preferrable to start the young french fella in the main body of the team.

I think you have hit the nail on the head there. Delay will no doubt be the other rider who comes with him. I have a feeling the final 2 will be announced as a pair Ringwood or not

If Ringwood could not be fitted in due to the other riders average being too high, which 3pointers (roughly) would u go for?

Limited choices on 3 pointers. I think it would be more likely that we would try get maybe another 4. Something reserve and a point man rather than someone who woul only leave 3 points to play with. Not sure if he has signed or is signing for Scunthorpe but always liked Jorgensen round our track. Think he is 6.5ish from memory which would leave over 4 points to play with. Who knows though. All guesswork. Would be happy with the team should it be franc and joey

Already signed for Rybnik in Poland so would rule out a Sunday club

Cheers , Poland is a pain in the arse

Dont suppose there's any chance Bager has signed for a Polish club is there ? A night club will do

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 3