British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2014 . Elite

No speedway fan will fork out money to come and see this match surely. The other problem is that there have been so many races called due to the weather that it is now getting so backlogged that they are going to be hard pussed at some track to fit them all in.

But lets face it noone wants to come and see 2 sides made up of guest riders and r/r races.

I am not sure but I may not bother coming to BP again until they have managed to get a full team back in place. They are doing themselves and the fans no favours with the teams they are putting on the track, at the moment. With all these GP qualifiers it is just making a mockery of the EL at present, with so many riders missing on a given race night. To daft to laugh at.

This Swindon match on 21st is a complete joke.

Looks like line ups will be as follows.

LEICESTER

1. Guest for Jason Doyle (GP qualifier)

2. Simon Stead

3. Guest for Mads Korniliussen (GP qualifier)

4. Lasse Bjerre

5. R/R

6. Max Clegg

7. Josh Bates

SWINDON

1. Guest for Peter Kildemand (GP qualifier)

2. Guest for Dakota North ( injured)

3. Guest for Nick Morris ( riding for Somerset)

4. Simon Gustafsson

5. R/R for Troy Batchelor (GP qualifier)

6. Nathan Greaves

7. Steve Worrall

People are not going to pay to watch what is a Swindon side of 3 guests , R/R & Simon Gustafsson .

Best thing DH can do is call this meeting off it will be financial suicide if he runs it with these sides.

The idea of running Elite matches at the weekend is mindless. There will always be this problem of BIG meeting clashes. Regardless of the local fan's preferences, continuing to run W/E meeting will always be a farce. with teams hardly recognisable from that of their usual turnout.

Changing to another night is the obvious way to go, but with fixture planners and foreign riders, its too late for this year, Hopefully next year can be different.

Didn't Leicester always use to run on a Tuesdays????? when at Blackburn Road ???

No speedway fan will fork out money to come and see this match surely. The other problem is that there have been so many races called due to the weather that it is now getting so backlogged that they are going to be hard pussed at some track to fit them all in.

But lets face it noone wants to come and see 2 sides made up of guest riders and r/r races.

I am not sure but I may not bother coming to BP again until they have managed to get a full team back in place. They are doing themselves and the fans no favours with the teams they are putting on the track, at the moment. With all these GP qualifiers it is just making a mockery of the EL at present, with so many riders missing on a given race night. To daft to laugh at.

GP qualifiers and others, too (SEC for one). No race night in UK is immune, but Saturdays are a nightmare and no sane promoter would try and establish a new EL side with a Saturday race night. Eastbourne just about get away with it because they've operated for some time and have a reasonably settled team.

The idea of running Elite matches at the weekend is mindless. There will always be this problem of BIG meeting clashes. Regardless of the local fan's preferences, continuing to run W/E meeting will always be a farce. with teams hardly recognisable from that of their usual turnout.

Changing to another night is the obvious way to go, but with fixture planners and foreign riders, its too late for this year, Hopefully next year can be different.

Didn't Leicester always use to run on a Tuesdays????? when at Blackburn Road ???

I think we should run on a Friday night......Leicester supporters have got used to weekend racing.

LEICESTER

2. Simon Stead

4. Lasse Bjerre

5. R/R

6. Max Clegg

7. Josh Bates

SWINDON

4. Simon Gustafsson

6. Nathan Greaves

7. Steve Worrall

People are not going to pay to watch what is a Swindon side of 3 guests , R/R & Simon Gustafsson .

Best thing DH can do is call this meeting off it will be financial suicide if he runs it with these sides.

I think promoters need to understand that fans have a choice! Do Eastbourne and now Leicester really think that the key driver is to get the points? It's shocking and speedway is a sport that is fast tracking its own demise!! Edited by Steve0

Leicester, whose first year in the Elite League has been disrupted by injuries, have entered the transfer market and completed deals to bring in two new riders, Krzysztof Buczkowski and Nicolai Klindt.

Buczkowski joins the Rapid Solicitors Lions on loan from parent club the Peterborough Panthers and currently rides in the top divisions in Poland for Unia Tarnow and Dackarna in Sweden. The twenty-eight year old Polish international was not initially in the Panthers 2013 starting line-up but was asked back to re-join them in July. His arrival helped turn-around Peterborough’s season that was going nowhere and Buczkowski soared to the top of the team’s averages after a spate of double figure scores which included three consecutive meetings where he remained unbeaten by an opposing rider.

Buczkowski, who becomes the first Polish rider to race for the Lions in the new era, replaces another Peterborough asset, Patrick Hougaard who has been out of the team since breaking a thumb at Coventry in April. “It is well known now that Patrick has decided to give British Speedway a miss following his return to fitness which is a shame but we wish him well and if he ever decides to return to race in the UK then I am sure that there will be a lot of interest for his services. We have operated long enough with guest riders and we can now look forward to having a full team again. Krzysztof has proved himself over here before and he was one of the success stories at Peterborough last season and comes into the side on a 7.33 match average which places him second in the team to Jason Doyle” explained the Lions team manager Norrie Allan.

Nicolai Klindt, who started the season at Swindon, lost his place after just five matches for the Robins but then was offered a contract to ride for Scunthorpe in the Premier League where he has risen to the top of the Scorpions averages. The twenty-five year old former European and Danish Junior Champion gave notice of his pedigree during a preliminary round of the Grand Prix challenge in Slovenia last Saturday when he won the meeting after a run-off against the home favourite and Belle Vue number one Matej Zagar. Klindt now joins new teammates Jason Doyle and Mads Korneliussen in the semi-final of the competition due to be staged in Poland in a week’s time. Making way for Klindt’s arrival is Lasse Bjerre who has yet to show the form that made him a big favourite during his two seasons with the Lions during their Premier League days.

“I think Nicolai was unlucky to be discarded by Swindon where he was averaging close to six points a meeting but he has really hit a rich seam of scoring for Scunthorpe. He is much better than his current average and at 3.83 it has enabled us to fit in Krzysztof Buczkowski. It is unfortunate that we have to say goodbye to Lasse so soon after he re-joined the club but I had to take into account the team as a whole and I believe that we are now stronger than before. If we can avoid another spate of injuries which has blighted our season so far then I am optimistic that we can begin to improve and start to move up the league table.” added Allan.

Subject to the British Speedway Promoters’ Association approving the transfers then both Krzysztof Buczkowski and Nicolai Klindt are expected to make their debuts for Leicester on Wednesday when the Lions take on the Poole Pirates for Elite League points in Dorset.

Buczkowski was signed a couple of weeks ago but there was some confusion with the June averages which has meant his debut had to be delayed as cant come in as straight replacement for Paddy and has also meant making another change with Lasse being released as well. I think though Lasse himself will admit that he has struggled in elite league as his gating still needs a lot of work.

Edited by flagrag

LEICESTER

2. Simon Stead

4. Lasse Bjerre

5. R/R

6. Max Clegg

7. Josh Bates

SWINDON

4. Simon Gustafsson

6. Nathan Greaves

7. Steve Worrall

They should call it off, Eastbourne/Birmingham on he same day has been called off and this should follow. You cant possibly stage a meeting if the lineups are like that, would be a disgrace.

• Like 2

Leicester sign Buckz and Klindt for Hougaard and Lasse.

Good move for Klindt, being a start tart, but how is a racer like Buckz going to get around the place???

I was wondering that when I read that he had signed. He's going to find it mighty different to the wide open spaces of Peterborough. From what I can remember I don't think he did all that well on away tracks either, but I used to love watching him at the Showground with Koscuich. (Apologies if I've spelt that wrongly.) Will be interesting to see how he goes at Leicester.

• Like 1

LEICESTER

2. Simon Stead

4. Lasse Bjerre

5. R/R

6. Max Clegg

7. Josh Bates

SWINDON

4. Simon Gustafsson

6. Nathan Greaves

7. Steve Worrall

Plus it's more than likely to be on bet365 for FREE

Should call it off now for the sake of the sport,fans want to see there own riders not guests.

Leicester sign Buckz and Klindt for Hougaard and Lasse.

Good move for Klindt, being a start tart, but how is a racer like Buckz going to get around the place???

Shouldn't worry too much - he won't be there for many Saturday meetings!!!!

Good couple of signings from the Lions.

Buzz should offer good value tho i question signing a Pole to ride for a Saturday night club (with Poland the next day).

Klindt seems to have been flying since he was dropped, if he carries that on in the EL a great addition.

He has had 2 dismal EL seasons tho so far.

Could do quite well round BP as it is not far off the sort of tracks he is used to riding on in Poland. If you look at the shape of the Polish and Swedish tracks I think that is where the idea came from when. The great master track designer worked out BP layout on the back of a packet of Woodbines.

Can't believe it!!!!......there is criticism of the track on the lions Facebook page.....that's a first!

Buzz hasn't been exactly racing a lot so far this year and his results have been a bit so-so, so the Polish authorities maybe think he's better off by riding on some Saturdays rather than practicing. He averaged about 9.45 for Panthers at the EOS last season, but 5.50 away. To state the blinding obvious BP and EOS are very different!! Hope he gets his gating gloves on, as Mads seems to have done, he's going to need them.