British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2014 . Elite

All those years of watching sublime overtaking by the likes of the Collins boys, mighty Mort, Crumpy and Loramski to name but a few and it seems I've been watching the wrong sport.... ;-) . Let's hope for the good of the sport in Leicester that we get some improved entertainment this year. In other news and as a note of caution, the balustrade around the new corporate boxes is a little rickety.

Do you think the rickety balustrade was done at the same time as the track alterations??

I think it's going to be a bit tough this year without a top no.1 - but I think Doyle can improve, he really kicked on last year. With him and Mads in your side you're sure to see some quality racing. If Hougaard is confident and continues like the end of last season, Leicester could spring a few surprises

So at long last we have got the team sorted. I think this could be a good year. Hope we get some top class racing at the BP. I for one could not give 2 hoots if I don't see 1 over taking maneuver all season as long as the racing is good. It would be nice to see the new team get it together and be able to be the best pairs on the track.

5-1s every heat, don't think that will happen, but I think this team if it get and works together well will pull a few suprises.

It was announced at the Showground last night that the Lions will be racing there on Monday 9th April against the Panthers. Cracking meeting with plenty of passing, despite the track being slicker than some of the riders were expecting. A great track to watch speedway at. Thank goodness we didn't lose it.

• Like 2

It was announced at the Showground last night that the Lions will be racing there on Monday 9th April against the Panthers. Cracking meeting with plenty of passing, despite the track being slicker than some of the riders were expecting. A great track to watch speedway at. Thank goodness we didn't lose it.

Monday April 7th...

So at long last we have got the team sorted. I think this could be a good year. Hope we get some top class racing at the BP. I for one could not give 2 hoots if I don't see 1 over taking maneuver all season as long as the racing is good. It would be nice to see the new team get it together and be able to be the best pairs on the track.

5-1s every heat, don't think that will happen, but I think this team if it get and works together well will pull a few suprises.

Er, isn't overtaking quite a big part of what consititutes "good racing"? :blink:

• Like 1

Don't worry Steve,knobert always starts his replies by calling other people either stupid,foolish or silly or sometimes he says you really made him laugh?

Always remember that he hasn't got a clue about anything,he generally makes things up or misquotes other posters.

I normally have him on Ignore but rather foolishly read a couple recently bad move...He's going straight back on Ignore.

nothing to see here folks . move along , just same old same old , nothing to add just the normal cut and paste ,

Apologises for the confusion over dates. The sight of riders passing each other in several races had obviously blown my tiny mind. Speedway as I remember it. Blimey.

When I went for the 4's all I saw was riders being carted off to hospital in a sort of ambulance shuttle service where the Newcastle supporters had to leave mid meeting because their driver was running out of driving hours.......I can't wait !!!!!

When I went for the 4's all I saw was riders being carted off to hospital in a sort of ambulance shuttle service where the Newcastle supporters had to leave mid meeting because their driver was running out of driving hours.......I can't wait !!!!!

Well let's hope your next experience of speedway at the Showground is a better one. Even the better tracks have off days. I'm sure we all go to a meeting hoping to 1) see entertaining racing and 2) not see anybody getting hurt. In fact almost certainly in the reverse order. Edited by lionstigersnotbearsohmy

Well let's hope your next experience of speedway at the Showground is a better one. Even the better tracks have off days. I'm sure we all go to a meeting hoping to 1) see entertaining racing and 2) not see anybody getting hurt. In fact almost certainly in the reverse order.

Yes lets hope so. I just think that like Sheffield the track is too fast.

That's what makes it exciting. I love watching speedway at Peterborough. Great track.

• Like 4

Yes lets hope so. I just think that like Sheffield the track is too fast.

SPEEDway is there Not a clue in the name of the sport ? LOL

I have seen some of the best races at Peterborough,Sheffield,Bydgoszcz and other big tracks.

Funniest post of 2014 award winner TMW :)