British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Do you really want to be taken seriously because your looking very silly.

Why would I want to put money into a business that I think is not run to how I would run it ?

Also a businessman who fails to listen to his valued customers only goes one way and that's out of business.

mick will tell you that several sponsors have offered to pay for track changes,but hemsley thinks the track is superb.

Why would I want to put money into a business that I think is not run to how I would run it ?

Also a businessman who fails to listen to his valued customers only goes one way and that's out of business.

mick will tell you that several sponsors have offered to pay for track changes,but hemsley thinks the track is superb.

Don't worry Steve,knobert always starts his replies by calling other people either stupid,foolish or silly or sometimes he says you really made him laugh?

Always remember that he hasn't got a clue about anything,he generally makes things up or misquotes other posters.

I normally have him on Ignore but rather foolishly read a couple recently bad move...He's going straight back on Ignore.

• Like 1

If I was in charge the track would of been ripped up after the first year.

What would plant in its place Cabbages,carrots and potatoes

I think they would thrive as according to some there's plenty of manure about the place.

Maybe there could be a farm shop next to the burger van for those who prefer the healthier option

lets get talking about the season ahead and suspend boring repetitive stuff about the track and the promoter until at least we have some racing to comment on. Meanwhile as there is no racing lets talk about how we think the team will do in 2014...I agree with TMW and looking forward to cheering on Stead, Hougaard and all being well JD - and not forgetting the other guys too.

Now that we know the team & the race format, where do you think the team will finish in the league and why.

lets get talking about the season ahead and suspend boring repetitive stuff about the track and the promoter until at least we have some racing to comment on. Meanwhile as there is no racing lets talk about how we think the team will do in 2014...I agree with TMW and looking forward to cheering on Stead, Hougaard and all being well JD - and not forgetting the other guys too.

Now that we know the team & the race format, where do you think the team will finish in the league and why.

I'm sorry 1 valve but nobody's ever been bothered about those things on here.

I think we get the fact that you don't like the track and you don't like the promoter, you have made your stance 100% clear.

What do you think to the team?

I think we get the fact that you don't like the track and you don't like the promoter, you have made your stance 100% clear.

YEESSSS A question about the team....well done Jimmy.

To the rest of you - see how easy it is

My answer to you question. I think the middle order looks good and all being well JD will deal with the other number ones more often than not. If the two reserves come up trumps then I can see some good results coming our way, but a few beatings on away tracks due to lack of an experienced tail..There are a few less balanced teams around so mid table a good possibility with some shocks in store for the fancied clubs.

• Like 1

YEESSSS A question about the team....well done Jimmy.

To the rest of you - see how easy it is

My answer to you question. I think the middle order looks good and all being well JD will deal with the other number ones more often than not. If the two reserves come up trumps then I can see some good results coming our way, but a few beatings on away tracks due to lack of an experienced tail..There are a few less balanced teams around so mid table a good possibility with some shocks in store for the fancied clubs.

I think the same I think the team if they get enough time to practice around BP will give a few suprises not to sure of what they will do away we will have to wait and see. I think the 2 reserves will do quite well there are worse out there than the two we have. Not sure if they are experenced enough when it comes to some of the away tracks but it should have the makings of a good team if they can jell together.

When I ask the riders on Saturday it will be with the hope of getting an honest answer from them. Why oh why if they can't come to grips with racing at BP mean that if they open thier mouths that they will all be gone before the season starts.

The riders may just be the guys to make things happen if they themselves think the track is rubish and band together. But I don't think this will be the case. A good rider has to adapt to all sorts of tracks, shape, size, length, tight bends and anything else that the tracks throw at them.

That is what makes a good rider, not people on here winging and wining. How many of you have been on a speedway bike around BP, if you have then you have a better idea of the track than most people.

Lets see how the eason goes I think for one It will be good. But I am a loyal Lions fan and enjoy my speedway and don't go just to see people overtaking as I think that is what half the wining is about.

Speedway is about rider skill. If you want overtaking go to Donnington Park to watch the Bike racing there as you are following the wrong sport. Or go to the grass track metting in August, it will not cost you a penny as it is free to get in.

Hope you all enjoy this year at BP in the Elite League as I think you will miss some good racing if you fail to turn up.

• Like 1

Best bet is to put your money where your mouth is and offer some money or investment for the track, you seem to care so much and it very simple as its just money that's required.[/

Think before you post

Best just to moan on and on instead of doing something constructive.

Think everybody gets it. You don't like the Leicester track. Far be it for me to point out you are going on and on over and over about the same thing. Like you say, think before you post the same thing over and over.

Don't worry Steve,knobert always starts his replies by calling other people either stupid,foolish or silly or sometimes he says you really made him laugh?

Always remember that he hasn't got a clue about anything,he generally makes things up or misquotes other posters.

I normally have him on Ignore but rather foolishly read a couple recently bad move...He's going straight back on Ignore.

I`m not worried. Just a poster with an opinion that thinks it is the only one that matters.

Meanwhile i will look forward to my visits to Leicester this season and enjoy them no doubt. :t:

• Like 1

Oh yes the team,almost forgot ?

I reckon we look good,no real superstars but team of riders that will give 100% and that's worth everything.

As for our two reserves probably not the strongest but if Tom performs like he did 2 seasons ago around BP he will take some catching and as for young Max he had a great season for Dudley last year and I can see him being on the pace faster than some think.Good luck to both of them and the rest of the boys.Think we will take a few unexpected scalps this season.

Think the first two months or so will be very unpredictable and inconsistent, especially at home. Riders sorting out the track and the team getting their heads around what type of surface suits it best - with hopefully agreement among them about what they want, and Glyn being able to deliver that on a consistent basis as we move into June.

I hope that Tom Perry can get fixed up with a PL team place, because nearly all of the other no.6's in the EL are in there and it could put him at a disadvantage not to be competing at that level. He clearly had a setback season last year and this is a massive one in his career. Max Clegg is an exciting prospect. The points scored by the reserves are going to be crucial in this year's EL especially with them having 2 heats all of their own.

This has to be the year when Paddy Hougaard needs to make a significant breakthrough to a higher level, he had lots of promise early in his career but hasn't built on it as much as might have been, so far. He's got the set-up, a busy schedule, so he and Leicester need him to kick on this year.

I've a feeling that Mads could be more productive on away tracks than at BP - and so it needs Doyle and Ljung to be solid at home and win half a dozen heats between them. Maybe a tall order but think it will be crucial.

Steady needs to be......steady and reliable!

I know some people will disagree, but I felt that Mads looked prety quick today, his engine had loads of power and sounded fantastic. I can't wait to see him race. I feel that Leicester will have home track advantage at the start of the season which should make for some interesting racing.

• Like 1

I know some people will disagree, but I felt that Mads looked prety quick today, his engine had loads of power and sounded fantastic. I can't wait to see him race. I feel that Leicester will have home track advantage at the start of the season which should make for some interesting racing.

Like the looks of Mads too also Tom Perry he seemed to love the track, he was giving it its best and managed to spay the grandstand with shale. The others seemed to be getting it together better after they had spent a bit of time playing with thier setting.

Thinks it may be a good year and a team that will get better as the season roles on.

Can't wait to see how they go on race night.

Not sure but it looked like turns 1/2 had been extented by about a foot or so. Didn't go to 3/4 so can't say about that end of the track, but the straights look far shorter than last year. You can see where the drains have been moved on turns 1/3, anyone else notice this.

Oh yes the team,almost forgot ?

I reckon we look good,no real superstars but team of riders that will give 100% and that's worth everything.

As for our two reserves probably not the strongest but if Tom performs like he did 2 seasons ago around BP he will take some catching and as for young Max he had a great season for Dudley last year and I can see him being on the pace faster than some think.Good luck to both of them and the rest of the boys.Think we will take a few unexpected scalps this season.

Can't agree that the Lions team looks good Shirl. No way is Doyley a number one, even in this watered down league. Mads will be Mads (inconsistent) and for me there is no real fire power in the 'engine room'.

Happy to be shot down at the end of the season, but battling with Birmingham for the wooden spoon for Leicester I'm afraid folks.

Speedway is about rider skill. If you want overtaking go to Donnington Park to watch the Bike racing there as you are following the wrong sport. Or go to the grass track metting in August, it will not cost you a penny as it is free to get in.

Hope you all enjoy this year at BP in the Elite League as I think you will miss some good racing if you fail to turn up.

All those years of watching sublime overtaking by the likes of the Collins boys, mighty Mort, Crumpy and Loramski to name but a few and it seems I've been watching the wrong sport.... ;-) . Let's hope for the good of the sport in Leicester that we get some improved entertainment this year. In other news and as a note of caution, the balustrade around the new corporate boxes is a little rickety.

• Like 1