British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2014 . Elite

........and plenty of dirt / grip would create better racing.

Has SCB gone to bed already? :lol: I was expecting his usual reply that plenty of dirt does not necessarily mean better racing because the riders and bikes can't handle it.

If you are finding the racing at BP as boreing as I am finding this topic then I do feel for you. Every heat scrutinised for a pass and every pass scrutinised for authenticity.

Lets be clear if BP fails and ends up as waste land housing containers then there will only be 1 person to blame for refusing to do as he was told then the little group can say I told you say and we can all go back to watching at Cov and Peterborough

Now can we all move on please

• Like 1

qI enjoy my speedway. And enjoy going to see the Lions .Speedway is a sport of skill or so I was always told. It is made up of a team and 2 riders go out on the track to ride as a pair. The aim is to win a race and to race as a pair, to stop other riders from overtaking you. Get away first and second from the gate and stay there.

I you want to watch overtaking all the time then you are watching the wrong sport and should change to watching super bikes.

I get more from watching a pair of good riders win a heat by riding as a pair than if every lap they where overtaking each other like clockwork mice on a toy train track.

Get to know what the sport is about and when you see a couple of true craftsmen race a heat. Then you will see a far greater amount of good races.

I do, and have been doing so for a very long time and still love my speedway.

Lets support our team and don't let us see the Lions be lost from speedway again. They where away for far to long last time around.

qI enjoy my speedway. And enjoy going to see the Lions .Speedway is a sport of skill or so I was always told. It is made up of a team and 2 riders go out on the track to ride as a pair. The aim is to win a race and to race as a pair, to stop other riders from overtaking you. Get away first and second from the gate and stay there.

I you want to watch overtaking all the time then you are watching the wrong sport and should change to watching super bikes.

I get more from watching a pair of good riders win a heat by riding as a pair than if every lap they where overtaking each other like clockwork mice on a toy train track.

Get to know what the sport is about and when you see a couple of true craftsmen race a heat. Then you will see a far greater amount of good races.

Lets support our team and don't let us see the Lions be lost from speedway again. They where away for far to long last time around.

Fully agree with you - BUT it relies on the 3 or 4 riders being close enough to one another, to require the skills you describe to be used. It needs more than one racing line, in order to make the outcome uncertain. And where's the enjoyment of something, where you know what the outcome's going to be? Personally, I prefer unpredicability!

If you are finding the racing at BP as boreing as I am finding this topic then I do feel for you. Every heat scrutinised for a pass and every pass scrutinised for authenticity.

Lets be clear if BP fails and ends up as waste land housing containers then there will only be 1 person to blame for refusing to do as he was told then the little group can say I told you say and we can all go back to watching at Cov and Peterborough

Now can we all move on please

Move on? You've got to be joking. :lol: There is a new season ahead with lots of fans supporting different teams who have probably never visited Leicester before and will no doubt be giving their opinion afterwards so if you're going to find that boring you had perhaps be best to not look at any threads about Leicester matches.

I've no axe to grind and it has been interesting to read the differing viewpoints from fans who are not regulars, as well as those who are. Anyway I am going to give it a go again and hope the racing will improve with the supposedly better quality E.L. riders proving it's not the track at fault. If it doesn't then I won't waste my money.

Move on? You've got to be joking. :lol: There is a new season ahead with lots of fans supporting different teams who have probably never visited Leicester before and will no doubt be giving their opinion afterwards so if you're going to find that boring you had perhaps be best to not look at any threads about Leicester matches.

And for that first Sky meeting at BP some folk on here are going to need to get their tin hats on.

I shall be at practice day on Saturday. I am going to go and ask the riders what they personally think of the track. As they are the ones who have to race it week in week out at our home meetings. If these 7 lads can get to grips with BP and find the right lines and all I hope are good off the tapes then we should be in for some good racing at the Lions this year.

I think this team can come up with a few suprises.

Can't wait to see what they think of the track.

I shall be at practice day on Saturday. I am going to go and ask the riders what they personally think of the track. As they are the ones who have to race it week in week out at our home meetings. If these 7 lads can get to grips with BP and find the right lines and all I hope are good off the tapes then we should be in for some good racing at the Lions this year.

The riders may all think it's a brilliant track because it gives them an easy ride. Doesn't mean the racing will be close and exciting to watch. The riders and spectators have different needs.
  • Like 1

do you really think any of them will tell you the truth,not if they want to keep their jobs they wont.if they think its crap are you really expecting them to be honest and tell you?i very much doubt it.

The problem is it's extremely rare to see team riding at Leicester. There is no finer sight in speedway than watching team mates using track craft to prevent an often more accomplished rider from passing them. A heat leader protecting a more inexperienced team mate whilst an opponent uses every inch of the track to overhaul them. Whilst winning is important then so is entertainment. Speedway has to be more than just an exhibition of gating. Surely.

• Like 2

Only saw Rye at Leicester last season - not much overtaking, but some great team riding by Doolan, blocking the away rider going into T3 and letting his team mate ride around the outside for a 5-1 - Pure class

Doolan was a great team rider. Will be much missed at Leicester this season. Top bloke.

• Like 3

doolan,magnus and nemo were all great team men and would nurse the lesser rider round or just team ride well together where as lasse would treat every meeting like an individual and ride though his own team mate at times to gain a place,but in saying that he was very exciting to watch.

Edited by neb

I went to Leicester a bit last season due to the rotten Bees side and saw some tight PL matches. I like the stadium and Hemsley put out a good team. But I don't like the track. The straights are too long and the entry to the bends needs to be taken in to make it more like Somerset / P'boro. Having said that I expect it to be better in the Elite League this was the case with Lakeside when they moved up IMO.

• Like 1

I went to Leicester a bit last season due to the rotten Bees side and saw some tight PL matches. I like the stadium and Hemsley put out a good team. But I don't like the track. The straights are too long and the entry to the bends needs to be taken in to make it more like Somerset / P'boro. Having said that I expect it to be better in the Elite League this was the case with Lakeside when they moved up IMO.

Totally agree

So we all get the picture. The Leicester track isn't great for passing. But there seems to be some kind of poorly organised campaign going on within this forum to stir up ill feeling towards the Leicester promotion.

I noticed a letter published a couple of weeks ago by some guy where he tried to slag off Hemsley in the Star. Is that same guy posting on here under a name?

So the track needs sorting and I am sure it will happen. There are plenty of tracks where passing isn't great, but the fans don't go on and on and on and on about it to the detriment of their club.

There's nothing wrong with having an opinion but the way this is carrying on is beyond the norm.

• Like 6

So we all get the picture. The Leicester track isn't great for passing. But there seems to be some kind of poorly organised campaign going on within this forum to stir up ill feeling towards the Leicester promotion.

I noticed a letter published a couple of weeks ago by some guy where he tried to slag off Hemsley in the Star. Is that same guy posting on here under a name?

So the track needs sorting and I am sure it will happen. There are plenty of tracks where passing isn't great, but the fans don't go on and on and on and on about it to the detriment of their club.

There's nothing wrong with having an opinion but the way this is carrying on is beyond the norm.

Kinda beat me to it! This has to be one of the most inane boring catty threads ive ever seen on here and thats saying something...jeez you have a new season in a new League to look forward to with what looks like a fairly decent side which should be competitive...like Steve says there must be every chance they can improve the track perhaps without being intentionally detrimental to PL riders maybe having more regular top line riders on it may increase constructive feedback for them to take heed

• Like 3