British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Considering their respective positions in the league, I would say that the Coventry B team was the one actually called the Bees! :D

You mean that things are going to change?

I mean I dont know the answer but suspect things wont change - even if we win every match and BP is voted by all riders as the best and the race track Carlsberg would build if they built speedway tracks.

• Like 1

I mean I dont know the answer but suspect things wont change - even if we win every match and BP is voted by all riders as the best and the race track Carlsberg would build if they built speedway tracks.

Whoever designed that thing had clearly been on too much of the stuff :D

What the riders regard as a good track isn't necessarily a track that produces exciting racing. The riders and the spectators have different needs.
  • Like 4

We seem to have gone very quite on here.

I have given the Ben Race a lot of thought.

I like what the money goes to, but I am afraid the team GB does not inspire me enough to pay any money to go and see them, against a team from the rest of the world.

We just haven't got what it takes, a couple of riders that could win races and a few that may or may not win races and those with no chance at all.

So I will be staying at home for that one.

What are the rest of you going to do, and what are your personel thoughts on our team GB.

Give them a few more years and they may just about be able to put up a team that are worth watching, but at the moment a don't think they have a chance.

I like what the money goes to, but I am afraid the team GB does not inspire me enough to pay any money to go and see them, against a team from the rest of the world.

We just haven't got what it takes, a couple of riders that could win races and a few that may or may not win races and those with no chance at all.

What are the rest of you going to do, and what are your personel thoughts on our team GB.

Give them a few more years and they may just about be able to put up a team that are worth watching, but at the moment a don't think they have a chance.

I personally couldn't give a monkeys about the teams or if GB is good enough, the cause is far more important on this occasion and it is a very worthwhile one. But hopefully the RoW team won't be too strong and it will be a close match, but as i said i think that's a secondary issue, just on this particular occasion.

• Like 2

I would have liked to be there but I have a previously arranged engagement at Stoneleigh that weekend.

I personally couldn't give a monkeys about the teams or if GB is good enough, the cause is far more important on this occasion and it is a very worthwhile one. But hopefully the RoW team won't be too strong and it will be a close match, but as i said i think that's a secondary issue, just on this particular occasion.

Totally agree

• Like 2

My gut feeling is that the teams will be evenenly matched with a few Leicester riders in the rest of the world team. Let's also not forget that Cookie is the fastest man around Beaumont Park.

• Like 1

Spot on. Regardless of who is in the respective teams, it will also be good just to see some on track action again after a long winter.