British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2014 . Elite

So it's Norrie Allen then. Was he involved with Mark Loram during his career or was it Chris Harris? His name rings a bell but I can't remember why.

Isn't he acting as Max Cleggs manager or mechanic. A reputation for devisiveness that probably outshines even DH. Interesting to see who ends up in charge of who.. I'd give it a month!

Norrie is a very clever man and has been around Speedway pretty much all of his life from Mauger,Moran,Loram and Harris like Glyn he knows his stuff about engine setups and can be a good motivator.

It's good to hear that the track is getting some repairs and attention hopefully can be a smooth surface for the start of the season

It takes the mick, I hear he is not sponsoring this year, why not? I've spoken to him on many occasion and has the time of day for everyone, always friendly, always happy to talk, makes you smile or cry with laughter, can the sport afford to lose people year in year out that do so much for a club, I think it's a shame, open your eyes leicester speedway you should be looking after the people you have got, then they might stay

Have to say i don't think the team looks too bad on last years form. Doyle and Hougaard both look good around BP when they get in front. My worry would be that Hougaard and Stead appear to be two very different riders depending on confidence (i know injuries have probably played a big part in this) and Korneliussen & Doyle looked at the top of their powers last year. If, for any reason, these 4 fail to reach their peak levels this year and Llung doesn't improve on his previous stints over here (something i actually think he's capable of) then all of a sudden we don't look too good at all. I guess a lot will depend on how the heat format works out for the solid type of team Leicester have set themselves up to be. If the riders keep last years form then I'm quite looking forward to catching them away from BP.

Mads has more in him than he showed last season, he had a few nasty knocks as well. I know some will say he pretty much rode to his normal average, but he did have a very good season a couple of years back when I think he averaged pretty close to 8.He might not be a #1 , no disrespect, but in this watered down league this season, is a pretty solid 2nd heat leader.Big shame he is not back at kings lynn this season, big heart, never gives up, excellent team man.

• Like 1

He was just a sponsor who was just given the position to keep him happy.

We are in a offcial competition now so we need someone who knows about speedway & what riders are best to select not someone who is a nice bloke but not got a clue the difference between Chris Holder & Chris Widman

What happened to the gentleman who managed the Cubs last season Martin, why was he not involved this year!!

We are in a offcial competition now so we need someone who knows about speedway & what riders are best to select not someone who is a nice bloke but not got a clue the difference between Chris Holder & Chris Widman

Why will Holder be riding in the NT?

Did Martin Perkins want the job then?

Well done Dave H I'm sure you will give it your all.

Why will Holder be riding in the NT?

Did Martin Perkins want the job then?

Well done Dave H I'm sure you will give it your all.

Your missing the point Tina. It's Dave Howard and a fixture filler of a NL competition we're talking about, not Phil Morris and not even the NL. Lionking's post actually sounds like the kind of post you often see written by LSSC's self appointed oracle of knowledge Dave Howard (or one of his equally 'knowledgeable' cronies) on the LSSC site. LOL.

Mick. (that LOL was irony BTW, see what i did Tina, LOL)

Edited by volty
  • Like 1

Your missing the point Tina. It's Dave Howard and a fixture filler of a NL competition we're talking about, not Phil Morris and not even the NL. Lionking's post actually sounds like the kind of post you often see written by Dave Howard (or one of his 'knowledgeable' cronies) on the LSSC site.... LOL.

Mick. (that LOL was irony BTW, see what i did Tina, LOL)

People should be applauded not slated for their contributions.

My post is a tad tongue in cheek to. Be nice for LK to share with the rest of us his obvious considerable knowledge of all things 'back office'

Oh and for the record no I don't believe Holder will be in the NT

Boy has the NL section got a treat coming :-)

Edited by TMW

People should be applauded not slated for their contributions.

My post is a tad tongue in cheek to. Be nice for LK to share with the rest of us his obvious considerable knowledge of all things 'back office'

Oh and for the record no I don't believe Holder will be in the NT

Boy has the NL section got a treat coming :-)

Not sure what this has got to do with anything but i did notice Hurricanes was checking out what was being said on the forum last night... coincidental?.. LOL

Your dead right though Tina, the not inconsiderable help Leicester have recieved from the likes of AFS and Lowe's plumbing to name but a couple is something that should definately have been applauded and yet I never see a thing. We do, however, often hear from the inner circle that sponsors are overstepping the mark in wanting their bit of the Lions which is why they are no longer wanted or feted. It probably gives you a decent indication as to why most of the 'helpful' sponsorships appear to never pass the initial term.

It seems this year may well be the year of Yes men, lets hope they get it right and most importantly there is enough of them..

Mick.

Not sure what this has got to do with anything but i did notice Hurricanes was checking out what was being said on the forum last night... coincidental?.. LOL

Your dead right though Tina, the not inconsiderable help Leicester have recieved from the likes of AFS and Lowe's plumbing to name but a couple is something that should definately have been applauded and yet I never see a thing. We do, however, often hear from the inner circle that sponsors are overstepping the mark in wanting their bit of the Lions which is why they are no longer wanted or feted. It probably gives you a decent indication as to why most of the 'helpful' sponsorships appear to never pass the initial term.

It seems this year may well be the year of Yes men, lets hope they get it right and most importantly there is enough of them..

Mick.

I'm not sure it's anyone's business but the parties concerned. What you describe doesn't sound like Martin.

Don't know who Hurricane's is but I would say if it was Dave Howard it would have Lions in the title somewhere.

Edited by TMW

You're right Tina. It probably isn't anyone's business, however, I'm not sure you understand the point im making anyway as I wasn't describing anyone.

Ye!!!!!! bit slow on the uptake this morning. Dave H can be a little sensitive to criticism of the Lions but he doesn't normally wish anybody any ill.

Edited by TMW

Ye!!!!!! bit slow on the uptake this morning. Dave H can be a little sensitive to criticism of the Lions but he doesn't normally wish anybody any ill.

Honestly don't doubt any of that tina, but within your reply maybe lies the problem as just sometimes that criticism may be deserved.

Edited by volty

Honestly don't doubt any of that tina, but within your reply maybe lies the problem as just sometimes that criticism may be deserved.

Lets not get into an argument about Dave. When was the last time you actually had a good word to say tbf apart from saying how good the riders are but eluding to the track they have to work with!!!!!

You hate it when anyone says anything good accusing them of having 'rose tinted' etc.....Well maybe some people feel the opposite it's a fact of life.!!!!! :t:

Anyway one thing is for certain Martin Perkins did not deserve the comment from Lion King

Which was my beef in the first place

Edited by TMW

Lets not get into an argument about Dave. When was the last time you actually had a good word to say tbf apart from saying how good the riders are but eluding to the track they have to work with!!!!!

You hate it when anyone says anything good accusing them of having 'rose tinted' etc.....Well maybe some people feel the opposite it's a fact of life.!!!!! :t:

Anyway one thing is for certain Martin Perkins did not deserve the comment from Lion King

Which was my beef in the first place

again, i dont want to get into an argument, particularly when it appears to be more due to your assumption of what i say rather than being based on anything i actually do say. If you actually read what i say then you'd realise i rarely have a bad word to say about any individual outside of the promotion (see paragraph 2). Over the last week i think i've had good things to say about Martin Perkins and AFS, Mick Lowe's plumbing, Alan Jones and most of the riders we have signed and in this particular spat i said nothing other than to point out that the manner of Lionking's put down of Martin Perkins was not dissimilar to the cheap shots and defensive posts you tend to read on LSSC facebook site (and the reason, i guess, most of us are here rather than there)

To sum up, just so we are clear. Here is what i don't like. A) The hopeless track B )the way the management treat some of the people who have given large amount of help and C) what, from an outsiders view such as myself, appears to be the rampant croneyism of certain elements of the back room staff in supporting the management, allowing them to continue with A) and B ) to the detriment of D). Oh, i forgot to say what D was.. D being the vast majority of Lions supporters past and present going by pretty much every Lions supporter i've ever spoken to (though as you would be quite right point out, not all!).

all the best, Mick.

Edited by volty
  • Like 1

My point is as much as martin appears to be a nice fella on the brief dealings with him i just question his ability to pick a competitive team with his non speedway background. No doubting the backing his company has given Leicester Speedway in the past but that shouldn't give you roles within the club.

• Like 1

Like most companies people come, people go.

Not all of them get a thank-you. Some stay on in another role, some just hate working there. It is the same as any business. If your face fits and you are in the right place at the right time. You can either go a very long way or it cdan be a very short ride.

I hope that all the management new and old can just work together to make make it a graet opening season in the Elite League.

If everything goes OK I think the Lions should finish this years campain at least in the top 6 places or better.

There are not many great teams in the league this year maybe 4 that are going to be up there. But speedway is a funny old sport and anything can happen.

My best wishes to all the management and all the supporters. Can't wait for the season to get unerway. Keep my place in the stands warm, please.See you all there soon.

• Like 1

My point is as much as martin appears to be a nice fella on the brief dealings with him i just question his ability to pick a competitive team with his non speedway background. No doubting the backing his company has given Leicester Speedway in the past but that shouldn't give you roles within the club.

Don't confuse MDL with NL the payed unpaid differential is massive as are the rules of 'competitive teams' maybe you should avail yourself of the MDL rules before spouting end of argument I think

Edited by TMW