British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Really, I bet Hemsley wishes he had a 1000 fans like you because I think its an awful team that will struggle at home and take some real thrashings on the road.

I dont think there is too much evidence to believe the team will be awful - and I can only think your point of view is somewhat tainted because your team has lost EL status which frankly is a shame because I think the Peterborough raceway should have top flight speedway on it. Even so I trust you will still enjoy 2014 even if the Lions win more than you expect them to do.

The finalised team line-up looks well balanced enough to provide strong competition against most teams. well done the Promoters.

Now I have three wishes to ensure we can enjoy the fruits of their labours.

1. An avoidance of injuries so the team gets the chance to gel and go from strength to strength.
  2. A team manager who can enthuse the team to be just that – A team who are inspired to ride for Leicester & not just themselves.
  3. An improvement in the announcers performance to get the on track action and the supporters closer together with relevant, constructive & interesting content as opposed to being satisfied by filling the gaps between races with too much uncoordinated (at times) drivel.

If we can get the above then 2014 should be a great time to enjoy speedway at Leicester.

I've got three more wishes. 1] That they get a move on and have less tractor racing because we've come to watch Speedway not endless laps by the tractor. 2] No damn sun breaks to hold things up even more. Okay I know that's probably impossible to achieve but surely in this day and age there must be some way of hiding the sun? A removable 60ft high black plastic shield? I wouldn't mind helping to stick all the dustbin bags together. :D 3] Absolutely NO returning to the pits after a false start.

6 Thursday meetings so far in the fixture list, the same night as Sheffield ride in the Premier league at home, not to mention when Sheffield have to ride away to Ipswich & Redcar. Will Simon Stead be unavailable for much of the season?

I'm not really into statistics like you are so don't understand the criteria applying to Simon Stead. He is a Swindon asset not Sheffield so why do the Tigers get priority? Because he signed for them first? :unsure:

Edited by Gemini

I've got three more wishes. 1] That they get a move on and have less tractor racing because we've come to watch Speedway not endless laps by the tractor. 2] No damn sun breaks to hold things up even more. Okay I know that's probably impossible to achieve but surely in this day and age there must be some way of hiding the sun? A removable 60ft high black plastic shield? I wouldn't mind helping to stick all the dustbin bags together. :D 3] Absolutely NO returning to the pits after a false start.

I'm not really into statistics like you are so don't understand the criteria applying to Simon Stead. He is a Swindon asset not Sheffield so why do the Tigers get priority? Because he signed for them first? :unsure:

Priority it seems is -

Asset

Premier

Elite

National

unless of course its a rearranged fixture and then the original fixture trumps all.

Priority it seems is -

Asset

Premier

Elite

National

unless of course its a rearranged fixture and then the original fixture trumps all.

Priority should be

Asset first

If not an asset, which ever team signed the rider first

Not sure what they have decided about the drafted reserves, but they should be NL or PL club first if not an asset of the EL club

Edited by A ORLOV

Priority it seems is -

Asset

Premier

Elite

National

Someone said that when Cradley's fixtures clash with Leicester's the latter will be without both Tom Perry and Max Clegg. I take it then that this is not the case.

The finalised team line-up looks well balanced enough to provide strong competition against most teams. well done the Promoters.

Now I have three wishes to ensure we can enjoy the fruits of their labours.

• A team manager who can enthuse the team to be just that – A team who are inspired to ride for Leicester & not just themselves.
If we can get the above then 2014 should be a great time to enjoy speedway at Leicester.

It said on Radio Leicester Team Manager David Hemsley said last rider to be Simon Stead

Dear god. What an awful side.

People saying the gulf is huge between the EL and PL are looking more and more silly. I seriously dont think this team would win the PL league title by going unbeaten all season. A couple of PL teams would beat this, I dont care what anyone says. You can forget a high scoring reserve cleaning up now .... Perry and Clegg havent even got PL berths thats how good they are!

This side has bottom written all over it.

To put things in perspective.. Leicesters #1 is also a 2013 pl side #1 !

People saying the gulf is huge between the EL and PL are looking more and more silly. I seriously dont think this team would win the PL league title by going unbeaten all season. A couple of PL teams would beat this, I dont care what anyone says. You can forget a high scoring reserve cleaning up now .... Perry and Clegg havent even got PL berths thats how good they are!

Putting things into perspective,He was also #1 for Birmingham last season and they finished top of the elite league!

• Like 8

John, formally known as Jason, who changed his name to get a visa, will be fine as a number 1. He is improving each year.

• Like 4

I dont think there is too much evidence to believe the team will be awful - and I can only think your point of view is somewhat tainted because your team has lost EL status which frankly is a shame because I think the Peterborough raceway should have top flight speedway on it. Even so I trust you will still enjoy 2014 even if the Lions win more than you expect them to do.

My point of view has nothing whatsoever to do with the Panthers leaving the EL, more to the point Doyle apart it's made up of riders no one else wanted.

I generally always enjoy my speedway but then I will be going to Peterborough every week as opposed to watching what you will serving up each week on a track that's complete pants.

My point of view has nothing whatsoever to do with the Panthers leaving the EL, more to the point Doyle apart it's made up of riders no one else wanted.

I generally always enjoy my speedway but then I will be going to Peterborough every week as opposed to watching what you will serving up each week on a track that's complete pants.

yawwwwwwwwn

Putting things into perspective,He was also #1 for Birmingham last season and they finished top of the elite league!

Which proves my point even more that the gulf between the two leagues is smaller than ever!

To put things into perspective the said rider was also a 2013 EL #1 for none other than the team that finished top of the league :rolleyes:

Oops - just saw that castrolargh beat me to it - great minds and all that!

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

Really, I bet Hemsley wishes he had a 1000 fans like you because I think its an awful team that will struggle at home and take some real thrashings on the road.

And is that your honest opinion. Have you seen these riders round our home track. Jason Doyle (apart from Craig Cook) is the best visiting rider to have rode our track. Patrick rode awesome in the 2 meetings i seen him there and Simon Stead scored 13 points on his 1 and only visit. Peter and Mads fair point havent ridden it yet but i think they will adapt too it no problem. We have a team of racwers and contrary too many peoples opinion i think we will surprise a few so will be happy too come on here when we do say there ya go!!!

• Like 4

And is that your honest opinion. Have you seen these riders round our home track. Jason Doyle (apart from Craig Cook) is the best visiting rider to have rode our track. Patrick rode awesome in the 2 meetings i seen him there and Simon Stead scored 13 points on his 1 and only visit. Peter and Mads fair point havent ridden it yet but i think they will adapt too it no problem. We have a team of racwers and contrary too many peoples opinion i think we will surprise a few so will be happy too come on here when we do say there ya go!!!

Unlike Birmingham who will go from the top of the league one year and rock bottom the next!

Trust me jason doyle won't let you down.. I don't know why people are been so negative about him ..loved him a brum last season and he beat all the top riders at some point...

Oh and this nonsense about him been a d/u rider let me remind you of the current and previous world champions have rode in the pl