British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Simon Stead is our last rider Yehaaaa !!!!!

Cheers for the info

50/50 on Steady.

Big gamble id say, english though so thatl do with what was left

Mr Lincoln city we are not all bad over on the leicester thread,some of the posters have very mixed views and like stirring s..t but most are keen speedway fans.

Simon Stead is our last rider named today which I reckon is a great signing and a Brit.

However I'm not to sure who this John Doyle is you speak about and what would be his average.

I did say most, not all Shirl ;)

• Like 1

I am SO liking the signing of Simon Stead who is one of my favourite riders and I am getting very interested now Leicester are in the Elite League. I had better start putting some more coins in the money box as it seems as if it's going to be quite an expensive season if I'm supporting Coventry and Leicester, but I'm just going to ignore the other half and if I want to go to both tracks then I will do. (Where's the 'Determined' smiley? ) :lol:

• Like 3

Anyone know anything about Kauko Nieminen?

No ride in the UK this year ? I understand the step up in class and harsh nature of speedway, where it cuts both ways with loyalty or lack of depending on your point of view, but it seems a shame such a decent lad is now not even able to get a team place in the UK.

Perhaps like Karlsson he wasn't planning on returning in any case just interested really

Anyone know anything about Kauko Nieminen?

No ride in the UK this year ? I understand the step up in class and harsh nature of speedway, where it cuts both ways with loyalty or lack of depending on your point of view, but it seems a shame such a decent lad is now not even able to get a team place in the UK.

Perhaps like Karlsson he wasn't planning on returning in any case just interested really

He's happy with family life back in Finland.

Bloody ell! Its taken me, on n off all day to read through this lot, getting caught up on all things Leicester Lions as regards the last rider and if John Doyle was official or not.

Most of you lot on here talk utter rubbishe ya know!

Like listening to my 7 and 4 year old bickering over the Ipad!

Still, same as ever i guess

Mr Lincoln city we are not all bad over on the leicester thread,some of the posters have very mixed views and like stirring s..t but most are keen speedway fans.

Simon Stead is our last rider named today which I reckon is a great signing and a Brit.

However I'm not to sure who this John Doyle is you speak about and what would be his average.

Any word yet of this mystery rider John Doyle,after trawling the tinternet I can find him anywhere

• Like 1

Any word yet of this mystery rider John Doyle,after trawling the tinternet I can find him anywhere

I couldnt think at the time! I was traumatised over the nasty comments id received about my nasty comment i made about the nasty comments from the "most" nasty of people.

Plus i couldnt remember "jason's" name and thought it would be too hard to look for it so john would do. No harm done.

P.s

Soz Doyley or JD or whatever it is. Johns better anyway i reckon, but its up to you, what with it being your name and all that ;)

• Like 2

The finalised team line-up looks well balanced enough to provide strong competition against most teams. well done the Promoters.

Now I have three wishes to ensure we can enjoy the fruits of their labours.

1. An avoidance of injuries so the team gets the chance to gel and go from strength to strength
  2. A team manager who can enthuse the team to be just that – A team who are inspired to ride for Leicester & not just themselves.
  3. An improvement in the announcers performance to get the on track action and the supporters closer together with relevant, constructive & interesting content as opposed to being satisfied by filling the gaps between races with too much uncoordinated (at times) drivel.

If we can get the above then 2014 should be a great time to enjoy speedway at Leicester.

6 Thursday meetings so far in the fixture list, the same night as Sheffield ride in the Premier league at home, not to mention when Sheffield have to ride away to Ipswich & Redcar. Will Simon Stead be unavailable for much of the season?

6 Thursday meetings so far in the fixture list, the same night as Sheffield ride in the Premier league at home, not to mention when Sheffield have to ride away to Ipswich & Redcar. Will Simon Stead be unavailable for much of the season?

Looks like it, unless you decide to change your fixtures. Seems a odd move to me for that very reason.

Fixtures he'll be missing at present are-

April

18th- Coventry (h)

May

22nd- Swindon (A)

July

24th- Eastbourne (H)

August

9th- Wolverhampton (H)

14th- Belle Vue (H)

So you'll lose steady for a few meetings, but not an awful lot. Just a shame he'll be missing out on 2 of the biggest meetings round Leicester this season.

Edited by skj

What average does he come in on?

From what I can see his average at the time of his injury for King Lynn was 5.56, so i presume that's what it will be. Which means , as the averages stand at the momment, his R/R rides will only be able to be taken by Ljung, Perry & Clegg, when there is a fixture clash with Sheffield, which at the momment looks like 7 possibly 8 matches.I know averages will change during the season & he might increase his while others move down, but as it stands at the minute leaves us pretty weak when Simon is missing. Unless of course there is any fixture changes to avoid this happening.

Of course when the new race format is known they maybe different rules regarding R/R, so I suppose we will have to wait & see for sure.

Edited by stevethelion
  • Like 1

RR should be abolished as it isn't fair that NL reserves would be used for, say, the 5th in the averages.

If they are creating a race programme to protect the reserves then its plain daft to then expect them to race against anyone higher than a second string.

Didn't i read that a number 8 will be available in case of injuries?

Guests should be allowed for ANY missing top 5 rider.

• Like 1

RR should be abolished as it isn't fair that NL reserves would be used for, say, the 5th in the averages.

If they are creating a race programme to protect the reserves then its plain daft to then expect them to race against anyone higher than a second string.

Didn't i read that a number 8 will be available in case of injuries?

Guests should be allowed for ANY missing top 5 rider.

Sense and speedway often do not sit easily together!

Edited by TonyE
  • Like 1