British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Leicester have joined the National Trophy and will track Perry & Clegg as part of the team. Hopefully Lions fans you will turn out to support our next generation and produce some exciting British talent!

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.23754

I think this is a great idea. Good chance to see what kind of crowd we get. DH can then see if it might be worth entering a team into the NL next year, which would be useful if the fast track draft is to continue.

Also 4pm Sunday & a cheaper admission is good for families who can't do the weeknight EL meetings.

• Like 1

Sky go wherever the entertainment is and often that's Poole. Even those who hate Poole won't miss an opportunity to cheer for the opposing team.

if sky Only go to wherever the entertainment is then they won't be going to Leicester until they sort the track out. Edited by robert72
  • Like 1

I have just had it pointed out to me that Alan Jones is no longer a promoter according to the official Leicester website. So It looks like it's now David Hemsley and Dave Darcy running the show. Any thoughts anyone?

But he is still the press officer according to the website and so he has not disappeared completely.

Sky go wherever the entertainment is and often that's Poole. Even those who hate Poole won't miss an opportunity to cheer for the opposing team.

Yes as I've seen some cracking meetings at Poole when the track resembled an ice speedway track with the lack of shale.

Sky need to show a fairer amount of the teams going forward.

Because week after week he makes a big c**k up. Knows nothing about speedway unless your name is Scott Nicholls.

Has an ego as big as Katie Price's boobs & thinks its all about him.

Pure and simple he is a backstreet washed up 80's DJ & not a speedway presenter.

This job requires someone who follows speedway instead of just a select few riders.

I tried to advise him 2 years ago as to what would improve him.

he said he was approachable but his response was if you don't like me simply don't come to speedway then you won't have to listen to me.

His last words were you are in a minority & most people think i am one of the best presenters. I just laughed and gave up because of his volatile nature & short fuse

fair point i suppose thanks for that

But he is still the press officer according to the website and so he has not disappeared completely.

You're right fanmale. Maybe still being press officer he's also a tad bit too humble or embarrassed to put out that press release from the management that thanks him for all the good work he's put in as a promoter since Leicester came back..

Edited by volty

Bloody ell! Its taken me, on n off all day to read through this lot, getting caught up on all things Leicester Lions as regards the last rider and if John Doyle was official or not.

Most of you lot on here talk utter rubbishe ya know!

Like listening to my 7 and 4 year old bickering over the Ipad!

Still, same as ever i guess

Edited by mrlincolncity

Stated today on the Lions webpage the last rider has been named as Simon Stead. From the way the report goes there is no mention on Jason Doyle, so it looks very much like he is still team no.1.

So it looks like he has got his visa and is coming for this season. Why did it take so long. I suppose that the gov visa department in the shed at the bottom of the garden have finally found the note that they pinned to the back of the door and at last sorted it out.

This would have made a great scetch for Monty Pythons Fling Circus.

Do you want a visa for, a Chinese takeaway or to be a speedway rider. Could you put that in writing, 3 years before you want it and in the mean time, We will se what we can do about letting you come here.

By the way what is speedway is it one of those rides at the fairground. If so you need a different visa for that.

Try again next year for 2026 and we will then have time to look at it. To see if we can get it right.

Bloody ell! Its taken me, on n off all day to read through this lot, getting caught up on all things Leicester Lions as regards the last rider and if John Doyle was official or not.

Mr Lincoln city we are not all bad over on the leicester thread,some of the posters have very mixed views and like stirring s..t but most are keen speedway fans.

Simon Stead is our last rider named today which I reckon is a great signing and a Brit.

However I'm not to sure who this John Doyle is you speak about and what would be his average.

• Like 1

Just as well your post was so insightful and added so much to repair the damage then eh?!! lol

This is definitely the Swindon B team - Jason Doyle (asset), Mads Korneliussen (asset), Simon Stead (asset), Peter Ljung (ex asset). The only one in the top 5 with no Swindon connection is Patrick Houggard!!

As well as wanting Swindon to do well this year, I will be wanting Leicester to do well too (except against the A team) :wink:

You need to be more specific if you're trying to get people to meet your much higher standards.