British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Leicester have done very well to gain Rapid solicitors as main team sponsors as they are very well known company who also sponsor a Moto GP team and a British Superbikes team along with being the league sponsors of Ice Hockey in the UK. This company would have been a good catch for the bspa to have as league sponsors as well

I don't suppose you have heard any News about a League Sponsor flagrag?

Any idea how many season ticket holders there were in the last couple of years?

not really. I could make a guess going by the length of the tick sheet as you walk in but a guess is all it would be. doesn't BTFC Lion work on the gate. I'm sure he'd have a decent idea

Leicester have done very well to gain Rapid solicitors as main team sponsors as they are very well known company who also sponsor a Moto GP team and a British Superbikes team along with being the league sponsors of Ice Hockey in the UK. This company would have been a good catch for the bspa to have as league sponsors as well

The main sponsor definately looks impressive but i guess a lot depends on the value they are providing. We've actually had impressively big names as main sponsors thoughout our return (Breedon Aggregates, Elliots and Jordan Roadsurfacing are all pretty big companies) but sometimes a big name does not equate to a big contribution. As far as i can tell those sponsorships appeared to have provided not much more than some shale, a couple of portacabins and the loan of a digger.. on the face of it not much else. Lets hope there is enough money in this sponsorship deal to at least alter the track into something that's fit to be called speedway!

Edited by volty

The main sponsor definately looks impressive but i guess a lot depends on the value they are providing. We've actually had impressively big names as main sponsors thoughout our return (Breedon Aggregates, Elliots and Jordan Roadsurfacing are all pretty big companies) but sometimes a big name does equate to a big contribution. As far as i can tell those sponsorships appeared to have provided not much more than some shale, a couple of portacabins and the loan of a digger.. on the face of it not much else. Lets hope there is enough money in this sponsorship deal to at least alter the track into something that's fit to be called speedway!

Nice diversionary tactics there to swing the discussion round to the track again. This could be at least a 5 pager

• Like 1

not really. I could make a guess going by the length of the tick sheet as you walk in but a guess is all it would be. doesn't BTFC Lion work on the gate. I'm sure he'd have a decent idea

The main sponsor definately looks impressive but i guess a lot depends on the value they are providing. We've actually had impressively big names as main sponsors thoughout our return (Breedon Aggregates, Elliots and Jordan Roadsurfacing are all pretty big companies) but sometimes a big name does not equate to a big contribution. As far as i can tell those sponsorships appeared to have provided not much more than some shale, a couple of portacabins and the loan of a digger.. on the face of it not much else. Lets hope there is enough money in this sponsorship deal to at least alter the track into something that's fit to be called speedway!

Sorry I have no idea how many season ticket holders there are? I do not work on the gate, I do not work for the lions at all. I did know someone who was on the gate last season, and on one meeting he had to use a counter to see how many people had attended.

Sorry I have no idea how many season ticket holders there are? I do not work on the gate, I do not work for the lions at all. I did know someone who was on the gate last season, and on one meeting he had to use a counter to see how many people had attended.

Don;t you mean had paid to get in ? . then add to that a couple of hundred hangers on who go through the pits gate and you would have an attendance figure .

Don;t you mean had paid to get in ? . then add to that a couple of hundred hangers on who go through the pits gate and you would have an attendance figure .

No I do not mean who paid to get in !! It was a head count of who came through the main gate. I guess you could be right about others who

gain free entry, but I guess that happens at every sporting event?? The figure I gave in response to a post by Volty a long time ago when he was claiming how poor the attendance was at that particular meeting.

Although I wasn't able to go last night as had a prior commitment I have heard that everybody had a good night and was pleased with the sponsorship anouncement so looks like it was a success for the club with over 120 attending. My friends did say this figure may be slightly higher as all the track staff and stewards seemed to be there.

There seemed to be two common questions people were asking Who the final two team members will be most have accepted that Doyle is unlikely to be there. The other one was who the team manager is going to be ? The same name kept coming up and is what I had heard earlier that is that the manager will a guy that has been around speedway for years ,worked with multiple world champions in Ivan Mauger,Mark Loram and a good business man that name is Norrie Allen. We shall have to see if that rumour is true with DH saying that he will announce the name soon.

Edited by flagrag

There seemed to be two common questions people were asking Who the final two team members will be most have accepted that Doyle is unlikely to be there. The other one was who the team manager is going to be ? The same name kept coming up and is what I had heard earlier that is that the manager will a guy that has been around speedway for years ,worked with multiple world champions in Ivan Mauger,Mark Loram and a good business man that name is Norrie Allen. We shall have to see if that rumour is true with DH saying that he will announce the name soon.

Could make sense hasn't he been mentoring Max Clegg? and isn't he a mate of Ted's.

Although I wasn't able to go last night as had a prior commitment I have heard that everybody had a good night and was pleased with the sponsorship anouncement so looks like it was a success for the club with over 120 attending. My friends did say this figure may be slightly higher as all the track staff and stewards seemed to be there.

can't say i'm convinced but maybe i'm wrong. Putting 2 and 2 together to make 5 there did appear to be a what you might guess was a last minute invite and call to arms for all supporters club staff posted on facebook but that most probably is just my cynical nature reaing into something that isn't really there.

Whilst great to see such a big sponsor as Rapid getting involved, looking at the kevlars i'm surprised to see most of last years key sponsors are missing, Ones who appeared to have invested either large amounts of help or money or both into the club since it's inception. The likes of AFS, Lowe's plumbing and others. Anyone know if they are still involved?

No I do not mean who paid to get in !! It was a head count of who came through the main gate. I guess you could be right about others who

gain free entry, but I guess that happens at every sporting event?? The figure I gave in response to a post by Volty a long time ago when he was claiming how poor the attendance was at that particular meeting.

The figure I gave was an actual walk round headcount of adult fans watching a very poorly attended meeting. If i remember rightly you tried to dispove my figure by giving a figure much higher (650 rather than 450) taken from click count of people entering the stadium. When questioned you admitted your figure would have included all the staff, freebies and children..

Not disimillar it would seem to alluding to last night's big season ticketolder turnout when it would seem that may or may not have been the case, who knows.

Edited by volty

can't say i'm convinced but maybe i'm wrong. Putting 2 and 2 together to make 5 there did appear to be a what you might guess was a last minute invite and call to arms for all supporters club staff posted on facebook but that most probably is just my cynical nature reaing into something that isn't really there.

Whilst great to see such a big sponsor as Rapid getting involved, looking at the kevlars i'm surprised to see most of last years key sponsors are missing, Ones who appeared to have invested either large amounts of help or money or both into the club since it's inception. The likes of AFS, Lowe's plumbing and others. Anyone know if they are still involved?

The figure I gave was an actual walk round headcount of adult fans watching a very poorly attended meeting. If i remember rightly you tried to dispove my figure by giving a figure much higher (650 rather than 450) taken from click count of people entering the stadium. When questioned you admitted your figure would have included all the staff, freebies and children..

Not disimillar it would seem to alluding to last night's big season ticketolder turnout when it would seem that may or may not have been the case, who knows.

Not trying to disprove anything!! Was just giving you the information I had been given at the time. Believe it, or do not, I do not really care. If you think your count was correct then that is fine, and I guess every one stood still while you counted them, all the toilets emptied, every one showed you ID proving their age etc. You brought me into this topic by saying I worked on the gate at the stadium, another fact that is not true, but do not let that get in your way of using everything you can to have a go at the club.

Not trying to disprove anything!! Was just giving you the information I had been given at the time. Believe it, or do not, I do not really care. If you think your count was correct then that is fine, and I guess every one stood still while you counted them, all the toilets emptied, every one showed you ID proving their age etc. You brought me into this topic by saying I worked on the gate at the stadium, another fact that is not true, but do not let that get in your way of using everything you can to have a go at the club.

I may have missed the 100's walking around the stadium or the ram jammed toilets.. not really the point though. The point was that in comparison to what crowds have been in attendance in previous years crowds of 450 (even 650 with the full toilets) is worrying. There are clearly plenty of people out there willing to argue against the view that it's worrying and the reasons i think it is and each to their own i guess. I didn't bring you into the topic by saying you worked on the gate at the stadium, I only brought you into the topic as i half remembered you responding to me last time with mention of click counts on the gate. Someone wondered if anyone knew how many season ticket holders there were and i responded I didn't know but you may work on the gate and may be able to answer.. that's why the question was there. But don't let that fact get in your way of having a go at me... Jeez.

You'll be glad to hear i think it's time to leave it there for a while again...

Edited by volty

could you see Norrie working with DH ?
  • Like 1

Only name I have seen mentioned bout the final place is Jonas Davidson. Any other names mentioned due to Jason Doyle being uncertain ?

Norrie Allen as Team Manager ? ........ What would he bring to the team that someone like Jan Staechmann or Phil Morris wouldn't ?