British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Theres the old saying that 2 wrongs dont make a right.

The 3 was wrong and the 5 is wrong so they still havent got it right!

Somerset should be thankful they didnt get it right or they would be needing to make more changes to drop 2 more points.

Maybe so but the biggest wrong is that Kurtz referred everything to the BSPA last year to ensure he didn't compromise his starting average. His father even asked if riding in Denmark would have any effect on that and was told it wouldn't.

Its a wholly unique situation and probably never to be repeated. A rider currently qualified to ride as British (rightly or wrongly) starts his career here on an average higher than 3. Has that ever happened before? Incidentally, he could have ridden here in 2013 on a 5 point average but opted not to as his patriality didn't kick in until his 17th birthday in September.

He's probably the last rider to come here with a patriality qualification so it's unlikely we'll see a repeat.

I for one think that they need a good team manager in place before the start of the season. The EL is nothing Like what they had to contend with in the PL.

So yes I think they need someone at the helm that has all the expertese of what the EL is all about.

It would be nice to see Phil Morris in that role. I am sure he would do a great job with the Lions.

I for one think that they need a good team manager in place before the start of the season. The EL is nothing Like what they had to contend with in the PL.

So yes I think they need someone at the helm that has all the expertese of what the EL is all about.

It would be nice to see Phil Morris in that role. I am sure he would do a great job with the Lions.

Why would Morris commit to a Saturday track when he's contracted to be with Harris at all the GPs?

Maybe so but the biggest wrong is that Kurtz referred everything to the BSPA last year to ensure he didn't compromise his starting average. His father even asked if riding in Denmark would have any effect on that and was told it wouldn't.

Its a wholly unique situation and probably never to be repeated. A rider currently qualified to ride as British (rightly or wrongly) starts his career here on an average higher than 3. Has that ever happened before? Incidentally, he could have ridden here in 2013 on a 5 point average but opted not to as his patriality didn't kick in until his 17th birthday in September.

He's probably the last rider to come here with a patriality qualification so it's unlikely we'll see a repeat.

The question didnt need to be asked as the rulebook is very clear.

Ride in a professional league and its 7 in the PL.

It has been mentioned that the question was asked on a number of occasions - why? - perhaps because the answer seemed too good to be true.

Usually when something seems too good to be true it is.

• Like 1

I do hope you are right about this part if nothing else

That is irrelevant because Leicester are not running on SGP saturdays.

Why would Morris commit to a Saturday track when he's contracted to be with Harris at all the GPs?

But for what my opinion counts I think he will either promote from within the club with the Cubs manager Martin Perkins taking over or it will be Phil Morris , Jim Lynch , Eric Boocock or maybe David Hemsley himself as team manager

Edited by lionking

Phil Morris seems to be a man with a strong will and can motivate riders including kicking backsides when necessary. He probably also wouldnt take any s**t or interference from DH. Would DH appoint such a person??

I have a feeling that if (and its a big if) Doyle doesn't get his Tier 5 I can see Linus Sundstrom being the Number 1 (7.22) and the final one I have a funny feeling will be Lasse Bjerre

If it was Sundstrom at (7.22), that would leave 6.04 for the last rider & Bjerre is only 4.28, leaving 1.76 points unused, which would be a bit unwise looking at the strength of some of the other teams.

• Like 1

Oh yeah.but can you think of anyone too fill the last spot if Sundstrom does come

To be honset no, there's not too many left to pick from. Other problem with picking Bjerre is that he would be doubling up with Peterborough & any matches he missed his rides would only be able to be covered by next rider up in the averages & then the 2 reserves which would leave us very weak.I know Peterboroughs home matches are Tuesdays but there are alot of other premier teams that ride Thursdays & Saturdays which most of Lions home meetings are on.

The question didnt need to be asked as the rulebook is very clear.

Ride in a professional league and its 7 in the PL.

It has been mentioned that the question was asked on a number of occasions - why? - perhaps because the answer seemed too good to be true.

Usually when something seems too good to be true it is.

How comes Lambert was allowed a 3 when he has been in a team in Germany?

Phil Morris wouldn't stand any nonsense and he is a true team motivatoer, but I can't see the powers above and PM getting on very well together. Maybe just maybe that is what it needs.

Someone to come in and stand firm and take no notice of the powers above. Don't think they would last to long though, do you. to be honest.

I have a feeling that if (and its a big if) Doyle doesn't get his Tier 5 I can see Linus Sundstrom being the Number 1 (7.22) and the final one I have a funny feeling will be Lasse Bjerre

Cant see why hopes are pinned on this Tier 5 when its just meant for one specific meeting or competition isn't it?

To be honset no, there's not too many left to pick from. Other problem with picking Bjerre is that he would be doubling up with Peterborough & any matches he missed his rides would only be able to be covered by next rider up in the averages & then the 2 reserves which would leave us very weak.I know Peterboroughs home matches are Tuesdays but there are alot of other premier teams that ride Thursdays & Saturdays which most of Lions home meetings are on.

The potential clashes with EL/PL doubling up do seem horrible, dont they? Particularly as you say with Leicester's race nights. Someone on here said a while ago that Doyle would miss 9 (maybe more?) matches. Leicester is also not Bjerre's kind of track - he may have got away somwhat with his poor gating at PL level, but don't think he'd find things very easy at Leicester in EL.

Nemo's name keeps popping into my head for some reason - but there is rumour he could be linked with the vacancy at Plymouth - however i think with Nemo Leicester would have first dibs on his services in the event of clashes.