British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2014 . Elite

SWINDON boss Alun Rossiter has confirmed Nick Morris will be staying with the club.

The talented young Australian had been linked with a move elsewhere after he was released by Premier League club Somerset.

Rossiter said: “It’s time to draw a line under the Nick Morris situation. Nick and I have never had a problem, but certain other people around him have been saying and writing things which haven’t helped.

“He wants to do Premier League and we were disappointed for him when Somerset made their team change. Nick and I have always got on well and that will continue in the weeks and months ahead, he is an integral part of the Swindon side for the 2014 season and is going nowhere.”

thats Rocoe's side of it, would like to listen to Nick's now.

Presumably the BSPA/SCB have not sanctioned his transfer request, as the situation was nothing to do with Swindon! Quite right too.

Seems it was caused by the wrong advice given to Somerset by the BSPA, of which Swindon is a member

Sorry thought this was fresh news obviously not so i wont bother again you bunch of twats

Blimey! Bit sensitive arn't we?

Take no notice of Jenga - he pops up on here now and then when things get boring up in Cumbria.

Sorry thought this was fresh news obviously not so i wont bother again you bunch of twats

Well I for 1 am pleased this is sorted and maybe now we can move on and get another couple of riders. I'm getting tired of the endless Visa threads on FB and here. ;-/

As are all clubs including Somerset. What's your point? Swindon did absolutely nothing wrong in this situation.

Somerset, Swindon and Nick Morris are all the innocent victims of the BSPA changing their minds on Brady Kurtz. They've created the situation and left everyone else to clear up the mess.

Somerset, Swindon and Nick Morris are all the innocent victims of the BSPA changing their minds on Brady Kurtz. They've created the situation and left everyone else to clear up the mess.

Theres the old saying that 2 wrongs dont make a right.

The 3 was wrong and the 5 is wrong so they still havent got it right!

Somerset should be thankful they didnt get it right or they would be needing to make more changes to drop 2 more points.

• Like 4

I'msorry but you are getting repetitive again; the announcement will come when DH/AJ/DD are ready to make it.

Don't you think putting an experienced manager in place first would of been the best plan.

You really do believe those above have the experience at EL to get the best team capable of winning the league.lol

As are all clubs including Somerset. What's your point? Swindon did absolutely nothing wrong in this situation.

I guess my point is, that this sorry episode should prompt all of the BSPA's "membership" to demand answers about how their governing body (which I think is formed from elected representatives of its membership plus appointed officers, but I am open to correction) created the situation, and what will be done to ensure something like it never happens again.

Don't you think putting an experienced manager in place first would of been the best plan.

You really do believe those above have the experience at EL to get the best team capable of winning the league.lol

Maybe DH was working on the basis that Glyn would continue as TM, but when Glyn decided not to, and in order to not cause any delay in getting on and negotiating with riders by spending time hiring a new TM, DH decided at that time to concentrate on signing riders rather than on seeking a new TM.