British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Don't get upset about Jason at all but the way you always bring it back to money with him which if you know for a fact should be kept to yourself.

I actually think it's a shame if he doesn't ride here in 2014 but as Troy has clearly said he had to wait in Britain till December to make sure his visa was sorted so Jason has only himself to blame by going back to Australia before his was sorted.

The precedent was set before with McGowan, Masters & others before & as a result Jason looks like he's in trouble as he knew that.

Rosco also has said that Jason would've been the first name in his team for 2014 but insisted on wanting to double up.

At the time it was made public that Doyley was not going to be with Swindon, it was suggested (not by me!!) that his financial demands were too much for Swindon!!

What reason to you expect Rosco to come out with? Is he going to openly admit that the club can't afford one of their own assets, having gone to great lengths to assure fans that the club is now financially sound again?!

If the doubling up situation was real and Doyley was going to be first on the team sheet - why not go with Doyle at the expense of one of the other signings?!

Doyley had a fantastic season last year. He has grown up both as a rider and as a person - helped (imo) that he's also in a stable relationship! But he's not yet the 'finished article' and clearly needs to get his organisation and realistic career priorities sorted out. You never know, but riding only in Europe and not in UK for a year may just improve him even more?!

I just hope that for 2015 he won't have got too used to the wages he'll earn abroad and hope to get the same in UK - whoever he rides for!!

• Like 1

But larsen does not want to ride at a sat track

Maybe the fact that match fixture dates are now "sorted", could be a help.

Riders who may have previously been reluctant to consider Leicester because of the "Saturday" problem, can now see just what the commitment would be. For example, no GP/SWC clashes except for Eastbourne away, although I'm not sure about any potential SEC clashes. Polish clubs only seem to have a problem with Polish riders being engaged in the UK on Saturdays.

There's also the impending announcement (so we are told) about TV coverage and league sponsorship to keep in mind. This seems to keep on being delayed, but if league sponsorship is forthcoming, it could provide a bit more financial elbow-room when it comes to signing a rider?

F.Lindgren + L.Bjerre would fit I think - but can't see it actually happening!

Kenni Larsen was offered a contract but turned it down because his Polish club didnt want him riding for a Saturday night club in Britain

Where have you seen this info LeicesterLion39? Surely we're not getting to the point that we are now releasing info making excuses about the riders we havent signed rather than the ones we are.

Edited by volty

Where have you seen this info LeicesterLion39? Surely we're not getting to the point that we are now releasing info making excuses about the riders we havent signed rather than the ones we are.

I can confirm what has already been said. Whilst Kenni would obviously like to be riding in the UK he cannot accept a position with a club riding Saturdays as his Polish club require him to be available to practice there.

I can confirm what has already been said. Whilst Kenni would obviously like to be riding in the UK he cannot accept a position with a club riding Saturdays as his Polish club require him to be available to practice there.

Shame , Kenni would have been an excellent choice . I hope he is being VERY well paid by his Polish club to turn his back on a career in England ..

Not looking for confirmation on the fact, It's not rocket science why he isn't a Lion. Just looking at the reason why it's suddenly being put about by a Lions fan. The question i asked was where does this information that he has turned down the Lions originate from and if it has been put out by the promotion that riders such as Kenni Larsen aren't signing for them, Why would they do that?

Edited by volty

Not looking for confirmation on the fact, It's not rocket science why he isn't a Lion. Just looking at the reason why it's suddenly being put about by a Lions fan. The question i asked was where does this information that he has turned down the Lions originate from and if it has been put out by the promotion that riders such as Kenni Larsen aren't signing for them, Why would they do that?

A fan asked Kenni a question on facebook and Kenni hinted that he wouldn't be riding for Leicester because his Polish club don't want him to ride Saturday's and that person then took that private conversation on facebook and posted it on a public forum.. this annoyed King Kenni.

A fan asked Kenni a question on facebook and Kenni hinted that he wouldn't be riding for Leicester because his Polish club don't want him to ride Saturday's and that person then took that private conversation on facebook and posted it on a public forum.. this annoyed King Kenni.

I see.. that would explain the slightly odd nature of the info being in the public domain. cheers

Edited by volty
  • Like 1

Kenni Larsen's Polish club having that much control over him, doesn't appear to be applied to Peter Ljung, Mads and Paddy Hougaard - or arn't those 3 doing Poland this year? Or maybe Kenni's club see him as a key rider whereas the other 3 are more like squad riders in their teams?

I think Twitter and Facebook have a lot to answer to. There is so much private information put on there. It is a wonder that there are not lots of law suits flying around. Far to much is posted on there of a personal nature these days.

I just hope that the next few weeks sees the team sorted and that the team is strong enough to compete in the EL league.

That they don't just grab at any 2 riders just to make up the numbers.

From what I have seen from the start of this season, it has been far worse than other,

With promoters not knowing who the main sponsers are, if there is going to be any TV coverage or not, which is not of any great help to the riders who are after sponsers if they can't show them who will be looking at the products they have to offer as sponsers.

The teams not just the Lions with riders joining teams, leaving teams and riders who are failing to get Visa's.

It has got to be a promoters worst nightmare.

Just hope the season sorts itself out. Or it could end up to be the year to end all years as far as speedway is concerned.

• Like 1

I think Twitter and Facebook have a lot to answer to. There is so much private information put on there. It is a wonder that there are not lots of law suits flying around. Far to much is posted on there of a personal nature these days.

I just hope that the next few weeks sees the team sorted and that the team is strong enough to compete in the EL league.

From what I have seen from the start of this season, it has been far worse than other,

With promoters not knowing who the main sponsers are, if there is going to be any TV coverage or not, which is not of any great help to the riders who are after sponsers if they can't show them who will be looking at the products they have to offer as sponsers.

The teams not just the Lions with riders joining teams, leaving teams and riders who are failing to get Visa's.

Just hope the season sorts itself out. Or it could end up to be the year to end all years as far as speedway is concerned.

We have had teams planned before and it's not got us very far who knows an unplanned team could be just the ticket :-)

Talking of main sponsors. It's a big week for Leicester with the new main sponsor being announced friday. Anyone got any idea who they are yet?

Isn't DH meeting some of last seasons Lions sponsors this week as well?

Mick.

Edited by volty