British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Only got himself (and any others that have been refused) to blame. Rules were there from last year eg Masters and Campton so wasn't as though he the first one and being made a scapegoat or example of.

When i went to Australia and had to apply for a working visa, i asked for advice from others that had do so before. Also needed proof of a return ticket and £2000 in a bank account before the application would even be looked into. So not as though its the UK that are being fussy....

Clubs can announce what they like - but the 1-7s are not 'declared' until they are all approved by BSPA and appear as such on the BSPA website!!

And Doyley's name's been there on the BSPA website in both of the teams for quite a while hasn't it? On Somerset's team even longer than on Leicester's.

Decisions on tier 5 applications are usually made within 10-15 days. I'd say the more EU riders David Hemsley (or whoever) contacted and was turned down by, and hoping he kept good records of who he asked and the reasons for them rejecting Leicester, the better for Doyle's tier 5 application having chance of succeeding. Just hope there's not a brilliant Bulgarian rider around who everyone's overlooked!

And Doyley's name's been there on the BSPA website in both of the teams for quite a while hasn't it? On Somerset's team even longer than on Leicester's.

But only 'announced' - NOT in the official 2014 team declarations!!

No team has been officially declared (publicly) yet by BSPA!!

Edited by Skidder1

But only 'announced' - NOT in the official 2014 team declarations!!

No team has been officially declared (publicly) yet by BSPA!!

In my Chambers English Dictionary, "To Announce" is defined as "To Declare" !!

BSPA must have their own dictionary then, thanks for clearing that one up.

It certainly looks that way. However, there is a degree of responsibility on the club(s) too. Not sure whose sponsor certificate Doyle might be applying under, Somerset or Leicester? He can't start his process until his sponsor here makes their application first. That provides the rider with the reference number which enables them to complete their part.

According to this weeks Star, Somerset are the sponsers.

• Like 1

Sure the BSF is taking the urine with this banner ad at the bottom of the page :rolleyes:

World's Leading Immigration Experts Apply Now to Emigrate Today!

The banner today is "UK Marriage & Spouse Visa"!

Perhaps he needs to get himself a good (British) woman!! :D

SO if Doyle and Morris both end up not being options then what does the list of people who are options look like?

Also, including myself, i know of 5 people who are season ticket holders and none have renewed as yet for next year. Admittedly we've all discussed, among plenty of other issues, how rubbish the racing has been throughout last year so maybe that's not a great surprise, but I am interested to know if there are any season ticket holders on here who are happy enough to have already renewed for this year.

It would appear the BSPA are at fault over these visa issues. I would have thought the riders concerned would have had notifications regarding visa renewals when they were due to be renewed. Its the same for the english cricketers over in Australia, they would have had to apply or re-apply for their visas and the authorities would have reminded them to do this.

I see Tyson Nelson might be struggling again for a visa (PL section i know). Begs the question who should be responsible for ensuring the visa issue is addressed ASAP the season ends?

The rider. He wants to work in the UK, so he has to ensure he satisfies the conditions. The club employing him as a role in that capacity, but ultimately it's down to the rider.

I see Tyson Nelson might be struggling again for a visa (PL section i know). Begs the question who should be responsible for ensuring the visa issue is addressed ASAP the season ends?

Steve, see my previous.

Not every rider needs a new visa every year as they can be issued from 1-3 years at a time. The expiry date on an old visa is set by the applicant, so it could be end of Season (Oct 31 or any time thereafter.)

Of those riders knowing that they need a new visa, because their old one has expired or they are changing clubs, they can only do so when they have signed for a team as their contract forms part of the application process.

Since the issue with Sam Masters last year it's been a time bomb waiting to go off. You would have thought that anyone likely to be affected would have done everything they could to avoid being caught out. You would, however, have expected the BSPA might circulate all the clubs to ensure that they were aware of the situation. Unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world.

The rider. He wants to work in the UK, so he has to ensure he satisfies the conditions. The club employing him as a role in that capacity, but ultimately it's down to the rider.

Wrong, I'm afraid. Firstly the club has to be an approved employer and recognised by the UKBA. Most clubs are but not all. Travis McGowan was prevented from riding here a couple of seasons ago because of what were called 'visa' issues. Truth be told it was because Belle Vue had signed a rider they couldn't use because they weren't then recognised by the UKBA. They had applied and expected to be accepted but they weren't so Travis missed out. By the time that became apparent Travis had lost any opportunity to find a place elsewhere and hasn't ridden here since.

Assuming the club is recognised they have to make an online application to employ a certain rider. Various questions are asked and providing those do not present any issues an accepted application here by the UKBA generates a reference number without which the rider cannot start his part of the application in his home country. So whilst the rider has to do his bit, he can't even start that process until the club have done their part first.

Then it isnt like he didnt know having had one refused the previous season!

Steve, see my previous.

Not every rider needs a new visa every year as they can be issued from 1-3 years at a time. The expiry date on an old visa is set by the applicant, so it could be end of Season (Oct 31 or any time thereafter.)

Of those riders knowing that they need a new visa, because their old one has expired or they are changing clubs, they can only do so when they have signed for a team as their contract forms part of the application process.

Since the issue with Sam Masters last year it's been a time bomb waiting to go off. You would have thought that anyone likely to be affected would have done everything they could to avoid being caught out. You would, however, have expected the BSPA might circulate all the clubs to ensure that they were aware of the situation. Unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world.

Wrong, I'm afraid. Firstly the club has to be an approved employer and recognised by the UKBA. Most clubs are but not all. Travis McGowan was prevented from riding here a couple of seasons ago because of what were called 'visa' issues. Truth be told it was because Belle Vue had signed a rider they couldn't use because they weren't then recognised by the UKBA. They had applied and expected to be accepted but they weren't so Travis missed out. By the time that became apparent Travis had lost any opportunity to find a place elsewhere and hasn't ridden here since.

Assuming the club is recognised they have to make an online application to employ a certain rider. Various questions are asked and providing those do not present any issues an accepted application here by the UKBA generates a reference number without which the rider cannot start his part of the application in his home country. So whilst the rider has to do his bit, he can't even start that process until the club have done their part first.

It seems quite simple to follow. The riders should know what visa they need. So why are so many suddenly getting caught out!

As I said, the club/employer has a role, but it's the rider/employee who would have to appeal any decision to refuse the visa. Edited by Leicester Lion

This whole visa lark is like something that Monty Phyton Flying Circus or Spike Milligan would have dreamt up for a scetch.

Who is left now without a team place that is worth snaping up. Is more to the point and not just two riders to make up the numbers.

If that is what it comes down to.