British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2014 . Elite

The sense is in applying the law fairly and transparently. It can't be that hard to apply for a visa; lots of Australian speedway riders manage to do it successfully every year. It's not bureaucracy that has caused Doyle's dilemma.

And it will be an expensive lesson for him if his visa doesn't come through

And it will be an expensive lesson for him if his visa doesn't come through

He'l learn, proably the hard way..

Judging by what i have just read in the Speedway Star we may have too look elsewhere for a Number 1, and with Sheffield signing Leigh Lanham and Taylor Poole, Nick Morris wont fit there now (9.16 left for 2 riders), so can see him staying at Swindon. Also if Doyle fails his visa can see Morris going back Somerset.

seems strange how a commonwealth citizen has to re-apply for a visa, bit hard on the guy

A 'visa' is only issued for a finite period of time, i.e. 1-3 years. Under the regulations introduced last year it must be renewed before the old one expires otherwise you have to wait 12 months.

After the situation surrounding Sam Masters last year you would have thought that every club and rider would have been aware of the situation. Jason cannot rely on the fact that he didn't sign for Leicester until after his previous visa expired as he already had a team place at Somerset. You do not need a visa for both clubs if you are doubling up. The sponsors certificate (work permit, visa) gives you the right to secondary employment.

• Like 3

If he was in the GP then he would need a valid work permit visa for each country he intended to ride in. If he had a work permit visa that covered league racing in a country that had a GP i.e. UK or Poland then that would cover him for the GP meetings in that country. If he did not have a valid work permit visa for league racing then he would need one for the GP in that country. The same would apply if he was representing his country. However if he was granted a work permit visa for the GP or to represent Aus this would not automaticallly allow him to ride in league meetings in that country as the work permit would be for specific "international" meetings, not domestic.

You dont need a work permit when representing your country in an international event , GP is work , league racing is work , so you need a work permnit ,

Judging by what i have just read in the Speedway Star we may have too look elsewhere for a Number 1, and with Sheffield signing Leigh Lanham and Taylor Poole, Nick Morris wont fit there now (9.16 left for 2 riders), so can see him staying at Swindon. Also if Doyle fails his visa can see Morris going back Somerset.

Do the lights take longer to come on in Leicester??? :shock::wink:

Everyone assumes he hasn't applied for his Visa in time.

Perhaps there are other reasons.

Jason Doyle @Jasondoyle43 Jan 18

@Paul_Burbidge do u have a stamp at home which allows me to enter uk ;)gotta get bspa to allow teir 5 mate that's all now

From Twitter.

1 in 4 chance of success with a Tier 5 - needs BSPA backing and a seriously good standard of application.

I thought Tier 5 was defined as Youth Mobility so maybe this is where the problem lies.

No, it has 2 strands to it.

The difficult part, is proving there isn't someone already in the EU, who could have been employed in the role

All this affair shows is that teams should not be able to announce riders until their averages are sanctioned.

All this affair shows is that teams should not be able to announce riders until their averages are sanctioned.

According to BSPA rules they aren't allowed to!

• Like 1

A 'visa' is only issued for a finite period of time, i.e. 1-3 years. Under the regulations introduced last year it must be renewed before the old one expires otherwise you have to wait 12 months.

After the situation surrounding Sam Masters last year you would have thought that every club and rider would have been aware of the situation. Jason cannot rely on the fact that he didn't sign for Leicester until after his previous visa expired as he already had a team place at Somerset. You do not need a visa for both clubs if you are doubling up. The sponsors certificate (work permit, visa) gives you the right to secondary employment.

I thought Birmingham wanted him back as well, only one person at fault here.

As others have said after Masters missed last year I would have thought every Aussie would have been on the ball, apparently not.

• Like 1

I thought Birmingham wanted him back as well, only one person at fault here.

As others have said after Masters missed last year I would have thought every Aussie would have been on the ball, apparently not.

It certainly looks that way. However, there is a degree of responsibility on the club(s) too. Not sure whose sponsor certificate Doyle might be applying under, Somerset or Leicester? He can't start his process until his sponsor here makes their application first. That provides the rider with the reference number which enables them to complete their part.

Comes down to whether or not the club concerned did their bit in good time and, if so, was Doyle more concerned on taking a break when got back to Oz rather than attend to the paperwork for next season?

Either way Swindon look to have lost out on a £3k loan fee.

Edited by Double Up
  • Like 1

It certainly looks that way. However, there is a degree of responsibility on the club(s) too. Not sure whose sponsor certificate Doyle might be applying under, Somerset or Leicester? He can't start his process until his sponsor here makes their application first. That provides the rider with the reference number which enables them to complete their part.

Comes down to whether or not the club concerned did their bit in good time and, if so, was Doyle more concerned on taking a break when got back to Oz rather than attend to the paperwork for next season?

Either way Swindon look to have lost out on a £3k loan fee.

Someone in conversation on Twitter pointed out that maybe the parent club should be responsible and earn some of the loan fee. I think that's a good point. Either that or make the BSPA centrally responsible.

• Like 1