British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2014 . Elite

If that's true then I guess Jason really has only himself to blame as it has happened to Aussies before & Troy Batchelor said he had to stay in Britain till December to make sure he was ok.

Doesn't hurt does it. A few weeks for a seasons pay...

Declaring a foreign rider in a team, when that rider does not have the required permit at the time of the declaration, is against BSPA rules and if the rumours about Doyle are true, Leicester could potentially get their wrists slapped - and claiming ignorance is not acceptable, the club has a responsibility to ensure they know for certain about a rider's status, even though the rider could have been personally negligient. The same will therefore apply to Somerset. But at least they can re-instate Morris, if he wants to return there of course after the way he was treated (innocent victim of incompetence).

A few people have mentioned replacing Doyle with Morris at Somerset. They are not a like for like swap - Doyle has an extra point on his average and has the experience of riding as a number 1 and being one if the top averaged riders in the league.

Alan Jones appears to still be a co-promoter on 21st Jan as he is quoted on the Leicester web site.

Jason Doyle stated in Speedway Star that he had no team place when his visa ran out therefore he couldn't renew it.

What is your point? I said that he couldn't apply for a new one until he had a job. That's standard you can't apply for a visa until you have a job.

I'm a glass half fall kind of person so I'd like to think not

Alan Jones appears to still be a co-promoter on 21st Jan as he is quoted on the Leicester web site.

Jason Doyle stated in Speedway Star that he had no team place when his visa ran out therefore he couldn't renew it.

Maybe the Leicester promotion weren't fully aware of the situation when they signed Doyle but surely if he knew he couldn't get a visa before it run out if he didn't have a team place then surely the Leicester promotion did also?

It is a little odd that a rider that has consistent employment in the UK for several years now should have these issues now.

I know Jason should have been aware of the visa situation but with Jason continually riding for Somerset surely they should have been on top of the visa issue.

Surely Jason and Somerset knew he would be back with them this season before he left??

I agree that there seems some lack of communication issues going on here, but as its Speedway why should we be surprised!

I find that a bit difficult to believe. Surely he and Somerset had tied up a deal for 2014 by the time his old visa was due to lapse. Can't recall exactly but think that Somerset declared their side early. So did they (Somerset) and Doyle both mess up and not actually formalise anything in time for a deadline they should both have known about. Sounds like it. If the BSPA can't do much to help, it presumably means that nothing in the way of a printed & signed contract was lodged with them by the necessary deadline(the end of the visa's period of validity).I don't think any of the parties involved has much in the way of valid excuses for this, and it has led supporters of two teams up the garden path as well.

What is your point? I said that he couldn't apply for a new one until he had a job. That's standard you can't apply for a visa until you have a job.

Tina, I was agreeing with you.

I don't think any of the parties involved has much in the way of valid excuses for this, and it has led supporters of two teams up the garden path as well.

True

Just a point of asking if Doyle fails to get his Visa. And he was riding in the GP series which he is not also if he is picked by AUS to represent his country, would he then be unable to race in Cardiff or race against any other world team in this country or do different rules apply for that and is it a different Visa. If so it is another stuppid law of this country.

I don't really know much about Visa applications but some seem to get them easy and some not.

Maybe he should just have married an English girl or asked for political assylum. As in being set upon by a group of nationalist kangeroo's

Just a point of asking if Doyle fails to get his Visa. And he was riding in the GP series which he is not also if he is picked by AUS to represent his country, would he then be unable to race in Cardiff or race against any other world team in this country or do different rules apply for that and is it a different Visa. If so it is another stuppid law of this country.

I don't really know much about Visa applications but some seem to get them easy and some not.

Maybe he should just have married an English girl or asked for political assylum. As in being set upon by a group of nationalist kangeroo's

If he was in the GP then he would need a valid work permit visa for each country he intended to ride in. If he had a work permit visa that covered league racing in a country that had a GP i.e. UK or Poland then that would cover him for the GP meetings in that country. If he did not have a valid work permit visa for league racing then he would need one for the GP in that country. The same would apply if he was representing his country. However if he was granted a work permit visa for the GP or to represent Aus this would not automaticallly allow him to ride in league meetings in that country as the work permit would be for specific "international" meetings, not domestic.

It isn't another stupid law in this country - it is designed to control the immigrant population and their entitlement to work in this country. You would think a bit of forward planning would ensure that someone who has worked here in the past doesn't fall foul of it and should know better!

But surely if people as in sport personel ride play or whatever in form form of sport year in year out. They should make it far easier for them to apply. It is not that many of these stars flout the laws as some do ad dissapear when thier years sports fixtures end or they will be unable to partake in thier sport the following year. Isn't it time that some sense was shown in this matter.

But surely if people as in sport personel ride play or whatever in form form of sport year in year out. They should make it far easier for them to apply. It is not that many of these stars flout the laws as some do ad dissapear when thier years sports fixtures end or they will be unable to partake in thier sport the following year. Isn't it time that some sense was shown in this matter.

The sense is in applying the law fairly and transparently. It can't be that hard to apply for a visa; lots of Australian speedway riders manage to do it successfully every year. It's not bureaucracy that has caused Doyle's dilemma.
  • Like 1