British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2014 . Elite

I would love it if Morris comes to us,he is probably the most exciting rider I've seen at Beaumont Park,he is more or less unbeatable,some of his overtakes on a supposedly gaters track were unbelievable.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

If Nick Morris goes to Leicester, of course, you might lose Mads or Doyle who Swindon might then recall. So I'm sure he'll fit. That's if Jason Doyle gets a visa to come here as rumours are saying he might not!

If Doyle and Mads have signed a contract what right do Swindon have recalling either?

The same right that Leicester have signing Nick Morris I guess.

Wouldn't Morris be a free agent now he has put in his transfer request?

It would need to be accepted first presumably.

It seems that Leicester have distanced themselves from signing Nick Morris at present. I'm sure they'll be straight back in there though if he does sign for Sheffield, but at least they seem to be doing the right thing.

Edited by grachan

The same right that Leicester have signing Nick Morris I guess.

Apparently the 2014 plans for Morris was to ride for both Swindon & Somerset as per 2013 but Somerset had a change of plan so they could incorporate another rider in their team. As Morris needs to ride both EL & PL to make ends meet etc the only PL club that can accomodate him is Sheffield which would create too many fixture clashes with Swindon race nights to make it viable for him to stay there. The only way he will be able to stay at Swindon is if they are able to give him a big pay increase which I doubt they can afford to do given their reported tight financial position. so maybe their understandable bitter dissapointment at their loss maybe the Lions gain? I Hope so!

Edited by 1 valve
  • Like 1

Nick Morris has handed in a transfer rquest at Swindon. If it is granted Swindon would not be able too fit Doyle or Korneliussen in without releasing another rider as it would only leave them 6.14. I think we will see Nick Morris at Leicester

Time and time again riders usually ride just where they want, irregardless of what there parent club want.

Where has been said that Nick has handed in a transfer request as I can't find it anywhere?.

If he has then let him go I say.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/10919965.Morris_hands_in_a_transfer_request_at_Swindon_Robins/

Thanks mate saw it now & whatever happens with this the sport has been dragged through the rubbish again which is the biggest problem.

Let the lad go on loan for a season or sell him but just sort it out ASAP for all concerned.

Nick Morris has handed in a transfer rquest at Swindon. If it is granted Swindon would not be able too fit Doyle or Korneliussen in without releasing another rider as it would only leave them 6.14. I think we will see Nick Morris at Leicester

If Swindon do have to release Morra, they will possibly also release Simon Gustaffson (who could also be of interest to Leicester!). Swindon and Leicester could then agree for Mads to return to Swindon, if such a move fits in with his other commitments.

I think that if Morra does get the OK to leave Swindon, albeit temporarily, the move to Sheffield would be sorted out firstly, then the arrangement with Leicester providing a satisfsctory financial arragement can be reached by all four parties (might not be straighforward!)

He has long been my No.1 "wish" for any Lions team, PL or EL, but it looks as if it could happen through a very unsatisfactory set of circumstances, and only on a one-year basis. Nonethless, it could make a huge difference to Leicester's outlook for 2014 if it does come about.

By the sounds of the rumbles it may be that the Lions will be on the look out for someone to replace Doyle if he fails with his Visa application.

Who would they bring in then to replace him. I know that it is only January but it getting so much closer to the start of the season, by now most of the riders who rode in the Elite League last year will aready have been in talks with clubs.

So there can't be that many that are worth while looking at now unless, They have already been aproached in talks with the Lions.

You can't just sit back and wait for someone to come knocking on the door.

Or they could just end up with a couple of riders that are no better than second string PL riders to make up your top two riders places. At the moment as things stand it would be hard to chose a NO.1 rider if Doyle didn't get his visa and Mads left as some are saying on here to go back to Swindon.

If that was the case unless they can pull in a couple of good riders the Lions would be looking a little bit poorly.

Was looking good before Christmas but the New Year has made things look a little bleak.

Lets hope things get sorted for the good by the end of this month at the latest.

By the sounds of the rumbles it may be that the Lions will be on the look out for someone to replace Doyle if he fails with his Visa application.

Who would they bring in then to replace him. I know that it is only January but it getting so much closer to the start of the season, by now most of the riders who rode in the Elite League last year will aready have been in talks with clubs.

So there can't be that many that are worth while looking at now unless, They have already been aproached in talks with the Lions.

You can't just sit back and wait for someone to come knocking on the door.

Or they could just end up with a couple of riders that are no better than second string PL riders to make up your top two riders places. At the moment as things stand it would be hard to chose a NO.1 rider if Doyle didn't get his visa and Mads left as some are saying on here to go back to Swindon.

If that was the case unless they can pull in a couple of good riders the Lions would be looking a little bit poorly.

Was looking good before Christmas but the New Year has made things look a little bleak.

Lets hope things get sorted for the good by the end of this month at the latest.

Who'd be a promoter eh?! :cry:

• Like 1