British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2014 . Elite

I wish Leicester every success for the coming season although i expect we know of a certain who may not attend, at least that is my assumption!!

Be careful, you may be accused of looking through rose tinted glasses. ;)

Spot on 1 valve, I'm a season ticket holder at LCFC and we are currently top of the league and I still hear people complain about the manager, owners, team !!! We still support our teams win lose or draw like I said really looking forward to the start of the season and will be getting friends / family who haven't been to go down to BP and give it a go

Do we sit near each other at LCFC? I ask because when we were 5-3 up v Bolton the guy behind me commented that unless City get better defenders they will do well to make the play offs...Maybe there is a lot of them doom and gloom merchants around Leicester and some come to the speedway during the summer.

The Scottish undertaker from Dads army comes to mind when I hear them (or read their posts)..."We're all doomed I tells ya" should be their motto!

• Like 2

I makes me wonder at times how may of us on here are actual Lions fans. I for one could care less if they finish last in the Elite League this year. Which I can't and hope dosen't happen.

But I for one take my hat of to all that has been achived at Leicester. And I am looking forward to the coming season and am am sure we will see some good well fought contests on the track.

A true loyal Lion.

Edited by weatherwatcher
  • Like 2

I believe you are quite new on here, unless you are a resurrection of another name? Can I just warn you that it gets worse once the season starts so batten down the hatches and prepare for battle. :D

Should be fun...The ill educated, glass is half full brigade v the educated "we're all doomed" teamsters.

Roll on the seaon

• Like 1

Be careful, you may be accused of looking through rose tinted glasses. ;)

Do we sit near each other at LCFC? I ask because when we were 5-3 up v Bolton the guy behind me commented that unless City get better defenders they will do well to make the play offs...Maybe there is a lot of them doom and gloom merchants around Leicester and some come to the speedway during the summer.

The Scottish undertaker from Dads army comes to mind when I hear them (or read their posts)..."We're all doomed I tells ya" should be their motto!

Yeah I think you could be right with the doom and gloom merchants, imagine what they were like all the years there was no speedway !!! Oh yeah L1 down the city

no defence needed Jim...I wished you a happy new year - made a tongue in cheek comment on what might make for you a happy one at that and subsequently you have chosen to neither agree or dissagree on that particular comment or the remainder of the content but just argue English...on a speedway forum?

As it appears you like to have the last word on things I will let you reply (if you so wish) which I will not comment on any further as this is clearly off topic & like me other members must be bored stiff by this thread!

Role on the start of the speedway season then we can have something meaningful to debate!

This isn't in danger of disappearing up its own a**e, it went there long ago :rofl:

Forgive me if I'm wrong because a) I can very rarely remember speedway related things b ) I don't keep programmes and c) I erased the match from my memory whilst walking back to the car, but Zengota is Polish and I'm sure he had an awful night? I don't think he could get the hang of the track at all and we won't get chance to find out if he's improved because he's no longer a Coventry rider.

Admittedly K.K. did well but it was obviously just one of those nights when he felt in the mood to gate and go. Shame he didn't feel that way more often.

I know the real reason KK isnt doing UK this year.

He's devoting time to launching his new shampoo product range. There are 2 brands.

1. Gate n' Go ......for those days when you just want to get ahead of the crowd and stay there

2. A brand as yet un-named, but its for those days when you just cant be bovvered. But its got an ad slogan, which is "Because it isn't worth it".

• Like 7

So, had a month off due to interest waning an' all that... Are we still going to attempt to run the season on the dreadful excuse for a track we have? If Dave Darcy is still a promoter maybe we could put pressure on DH for DD to execute another one of his £200 track makeovers? Think of the track records the last one produced, even if it didn't increase the excitement on track any and even if they were as equally stupildly made up as our beloved timekeepers view that we were witnessing the some of the best racing in the UK... It does appeal to the easily pleased though who will probably tell us once more how good the track must be based on those made up tracks records... Just a thought, even if it is a recurringly irritating one...

Who are the new sponsors?. Are any season ticket holders going to the big announcement party so they can be told who these sponsors are and who they are afilliated with? I'm intrigued. Love affiliations.

Seriously, I did notice season tickets have now supposedly been made even better 'value'. Anyone know how are sales going? i'm surprised a month after initially announcing them they are now widening their value to include extra meetings. Is that good or bad. Its certainly not selling it to me but you know that. Im always asking why?.. maybe good for mugs who pride their love of sport on a tub thumping victory over actual entertainment no doubt, at least why we are winning... but really.

Edited by volty
  • Like 2

So, had a month off due to interest waning an' all that... Are we still going to attempt to run the season on the dreadful excuse for a track we have? If Dave Darcy is still a promoter maybe we could put pressure on DH for DD to execute another one of his £200 track makeovers? Think of the track records the last one produced, even if it didn't increase the excitement on track any and even if they were as equally stupildly made up as our beloved timekeepers view that we were witnessing the some of the best racing in the UK... It does appeal to the easily pleased though who will probably tell us once more how good the track must be based on those made up tracks records... Just a thought, even if it is a recurringly irritating one...

Who are the new sponsors?. Are any season ticket holders going to the big announcement party so they can be told who these sponsors are and who they are afilliated with? I'm intrigued. Love affiliations.

Seriously, I did notice season tickets have now supposedly been made even better 'value'. Anyone know how are sales going? i'm surprised a month after initially announcing them they are now widening their value to include extra meetings. Is that good or bad. Its certainly not selling it to me but you know that. Im always asking why?.. maybe good for mugs who pride their love of sport on a tub thumping victory over actual entertainment no doubt, at least why we are winning... but really.

Ahh doom and gloom, comedy or bitter ...... Personally I think you might be a bit puddled !!!!

• Like 2

Ahh doom and gloom, comedy or bitter ...... Personally I think you might be a bit puddled !!!!

I do my best!. I was actually reasonably pleased with the effort. A comedic slant on our dreadful track using the the equally comedic point that the excitement almost needs to be manufactered away from the track (lots of track records last year but using a degree of accuracy that cannot be by definition). Then a couple of reasonable questions as to how it's all going with season tickets and sponsors.

Thanks for the heckle anyways. Now where the blooming 'eck did Mrcts leave his like button.

Edited by volty
  • Like 1

Leicester fans are the most miserable people in the World. Even the Football lot want their manager sacked sitting at the top of the Championship. There certainly something it the water in those parts

New era, new riders. Give it a chance FFS, Jesus Christ

• Like 2

Leicester fans are the most miserable people in the World. Even the Football lot want their manager sacked sitting at the top of the Championship. There certainly something it the water in those parts

New era, new riders. Give it a chance FFS, Jesus Christ

There's nothing like a generalisation to give weight to a point of view!

There's nothing like a generalisation to give weight to a point of view!

Of course it is as you can only go by what you read and hear. This thread has been a ball of joy from start to finish hasn't it? What are people suppose to think?

• Like 1