British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Is glyn still the lions team manager/tractor driver ?

That one's had me wondering for a while. Unless i've missed anything from the chief BP spin-doctor, theres been nil clues. The club official website still has him named against both jobs. Another case of something being "airbrushed out" and hope nobody notices it??

It all sounds like if the boot don't fit try the other foot to me. They have done a preety good job of getting the Lions to where they are now in so short a time and all most can do is winge and whine on at that them.

Just wish it was me who had the chance to be where they are now. From nothing to Elite League in less than a hand full of years back on the speedway scene in the UK.

Not a bad effort in my mind. But there will be always someone out there that still likes to have a go at them.

All the best for the coming season, I for one am not complaing.

Bring it on.

Edited by weatherwatcher
  • Like 1

It all sounds like if the boot don't fit try the other foot to me. They have done a preety good job of getting the Lions to where they are now in so short a time and all most can do is winge and whine on at that them.

Just wish it was me who had the chance to be where they are now. From nothing to Elite League in less than a hand full of years back on the speedway scene in the UK.

Not a bad effort in my mind. But there will be always someone out there that still likes to have a go at them.

Bring it on.

it doesn't matter what league Leicester race in if the main product is no good people will find other places to go.

Elite league is about someone's ego and not progress at the club.

Why are posters having a go at Yulia Hemsley: you do not see similar abuse of Laura Morgan, Julie maloney or Ms Hancock.

I don't see where I am having ago ? Just wondered who will be team manager next season.

• Like 1

ljung one of best signings imo

Well on the plus side he's durable, isnt afraid to have a go, and you can be sure that he's a trier. Seems to thrive on being busy, which he certainly will be in 2014.

But over the course of a season and a half with Lakeside 2010-11, he finished with an average of 5.60. (and is now the "other side" of 30).

However, that figure was probably dragged down a bit by his performances in 2010, when he came in halfway through the season and didnt really get going - and in those days the average was based on a lot more matches than is now the case. He was also quite inconsistent at home for Lakeside, but seemed to do ok away, especially in 2011.

So as to how he's going to do in 2014 in the UK for Leicester, I think its going to depend a fair bit on how he gets on with the track at BP, which of course he doesn't know yet. If he finds it to his liking, he should average 7+ .......if not....hmmmmm.

• Like 1

Hello Lions fans and welcome to 2014 and the real world !! .Lets hope that in this new year many of you can stop making fools of yourselves by constantly praising david hemsley for managing to take Leicester into the League that year on year is begging for teams to join . it's nothing to shout about , any team whose promoter was foolish enough could have joined ,the Elite league and would have welcomed with open arms . so it's not an achievement that is worthy of any praise .

Why wouldn't they let them in last season then if they are begging for teams to join?

Is glyn still the lions team manager/tractor driver ?

If Glyn isn#t going to carry on as TM in 2014, I think Joe Screen would be a good idea, especially to help develop the two young reserves, that's if he's not already arranged better things to do.

Bring it on.

I know Robert bangs on a bit but he has a point: the racing at Beaumont Park is invariably poor.

What's more, I am absolutely convinced that that is nothing to do with the shape of the track but its preparation, and as Glyn Taylor is one of the best in the game (Redcar has never been the same since he left) it suggests to me he was under orders to prepare slick, bald surfaces.

The only consolation is that it is entirely possible that given that riders will be different for the new season so will the track.

• Like 1

Hello Lions fans and welcome to 2014 and the real world !! .Lets hope that in this new year many of you can stop making fools of yourselves by constantly praising david hemsley for managing to take Leicester into the League that year on year is begging for teams to join . it's nothing to shout about , any team whose promoter was foolish enough could have joined ,the Elite league and would have welcomed with open arms . so it's not an achievement that is worthy of any praise .

Happy New year Jim. Though I guess for that to become true for you the Lions or more specifically DH will have to experience a spectacular failure during 2014!

However for me 2014 is going to be a great domestic speedway year for three reasons

1. You will keep up with your regular posts that often make me smile (like this one) for the evenly balanced way you present the chips you have on both shoulders.

2. We will be seeing the top riders in the UK racing at Leicester on a weekly basis for the first time in over 30 years.

3. I will be able to compliment or complain about the team & promotion on this forum based on factual performance.

Edited by 1 valve
  • Like 1