British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2014 . Elite

....and before anyone gets too carried away thinking that Morris is joining Leicester, just remember he is owned by Swindon, who also own Doyle and Mads, and Swindon would need to replace Morris and still have some manoevring room in their team-building plans!

It was only a suggestion and a comment......

DH was on Radio Leicester on 19th December and said "with the pedigree this rider's got he was a rider who was in demand from other clubs but others didn't believe that they could secure his services back here in the UK and I'm absolutely positive the Lions fans will be equally excited by this signing"

Whilst I was disappointed that no Lions from 2013 were in the side, I can't see that the comments would point to any Lions of 2013. Also If it was KD, NEMO, LB or even MK why delay the announcement? we would also be well under the points limit.

The only reason I did not suggest Magnus was that he has signed for a Polish club in 2014.

Could depend on which club, and whether he's been signed as a "squad filler" who only gets a few matches or as one of the main guys.

Wouldn't completely rule Magnus out, unless of course you have deffo knowledge of his Polish deal?

No don't drink tablets won't let me. But had enough in my day to sink a battle ship.

Hope the new signing is well worth the wait. We may not have some of the worlds top riders but still not a bad team for its first goe at the Elite League. May not finish top but I can't see them coming bottom, at least there are some have a go lads in there.

Should be an interesting season.

No big Al I don't have details of Magnus deal in Poland but have heard that he plans to be there on regular basis obviously providing performances are good and gets his money. I believe he also turned down a premier place as wasn't available on Sundays.

The statement that DH gave on Leicester radio on 19th I wonder if that refered to Ljung rather than the last rider,As Swindon and Poole looked at Ljung and some others probably thought he didn't want to do UK

The statement that DH gave on Leicester radio on 19th I wonder if that refered to Ljung rather than the last rider,As Swindon and Poole looked at Ljung and some others probably thought he didn't want to do UK

It was put out on the airwaves in relation to announcing the final signing after Christmas.....but we are talking about RL so who knows!!

No big Al I don't have details of Magnus deal in Poland but have heard that he plans to be there on regular basis obviously providing performances are good and gets his money. I believe he also turned down a premier place as wasn't available on Sundays.

Ta for the info on MK Flagrag- and i agree that DH radio quote does sound very much as if he is talking about Ljung and RL put the interview out at the wrong time.

So in that case the "familiar face" will be the 7th signing and appears not to be Magnus unless he's done a 180.

Place your bets!

(William Hill offering 20/1 on Sergei Darkin; 25/1 on a Morris/Mads swap)

Is glyn still the lions team manager/tractor driver ?

The thread has been taken over by Rose Tinted and friends . That's why it almost dropped off the bottom of the page because no one is interested in a thread that only happy clappers post on , you are being ignored so you cant reply with anything either interesting or of differing opinion ,

• Like 1

The thread has been taken over by Rose Tinted and friends . That's why it almost dropped off the bottom of the page because no one is interested in a thread that only happy clappers post on , you are being ignored so you cant reply with anything either interesting or of differing opinion ,

R72 posting something interesting? That I'd pay good money to see

• Like 1