British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Leicester look a solid side, its going to be difficult to predict the EL for 2014.

It looksa solid looking unit thus far fairly well balanced...doesn't have an out an out "guaranteed" race winner for heats 1 & 15 but a lot of punch for at least 10 races, certainly at home. obviously last rider in needs to be able to do the business too.

Has there been any indication of who the team manager will be? Think this will be an important signing.

Ljungs average is a bargain especially as he will be a 2nd string, he is a 7 pt man in all honesty. He is much better since his last stint in Britain.

That's what was said before his last stint at Lakeside but he really hasn't made the progress in this country that he should have. I hope this is a good year for him but I can't see it myself.

That's what was said before his last stint at Lakeside but he really hasn't made the progress in this country that he should have. I hope this is a good year for him but I can't see it myself.

I think he is more comfortable on big tracks, I dont think Lakeside suited him to much. He is a good gater as we seen in the gps which is essential at Leicester so I hear.

If Ljung is a good a gater as you say his home form should be pretty good. As for Doyle being only a premiership rider then Chris Harris must be national league! I wonder who topped Birmingham' s averages at home last season? :D

I hope the number of matches Jason Doyle has to miss next season can be kept to a minimum. Somerset will have priority for his services when there are conflicts, but I'm sure that all parties can work to avoid any serious problems. After all, he doesn't want to miss out on earning money!

If there are postponements due to weather at Somerset and the rearranged dates coinsides with Leicester's original fixtures, surely Leicester will take priority. I would have thought they would have crossed that bridge when signing him. For our last rider, i know it is a gamble but i would take Captain Nemo as he is a proper team rider who looks for his partner and teamrides whenever possible and would be beneficial to our reserves, making them more confident and would bring them on in leaps and bounds.

Would also be paired with the reserve for 1 ride if the new format i have seen is correct.

But it would leave us around 2 points under the limit

If there are postponements due to weather at Somerset and the rearranged dates coinsides with Leicester's original fixtures, surely Leicester will take priority. I would have thought they would have crossed that bridge when signing him. For our last rider, i know it is a gamble but i would take Captain Nemo as he is a proper team rider who looks for his partner and teamrides whenever possible and would be beneficial to our reserves, making them more confident and would bring them on in leaps and bounds.

I hope the number of matches Jason Doyle has to miss next season can be kept to a minimum. Somerset will have priority for his services when there are conflicts, but I'm sure that all parties can work to avoid any serious problems. After all, he doesn't want to miss out on earning money!

I thought it was the other way around and Elite League teams have priority now? Unless he's a Somerset asset of course. Perhaps I should just shut up. :lol:

I thought it was the other way around and Elite League teams have priority now? Unless he's a Somerset asset of course. Perhaps I should just shut up. :lol:

Well not according to Sumzet's website, and I think they're right in saying their fixtures take priority as Doyle's been with them for longer. Only about 5 fixtures potentially involved, so should be got round with a bit of good planning!