British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Think Buzzcut's been talked about on here but presumed his parents in Poland won't allow him out to play on a Saturday night in Leicester?

or

We could be looking at Simon Stead & Simon Gustaffson

or Lindback & Birks

But i'm sure DH has a surprise up his sleeve

Does Lindback ride in Poland?

Does Lindback ride in Poland?

Was "de-selected" by his club at end of May. Rode in both Swedish leagues most weeks. Don't know if he's been signed by a Polish team yet - hadn't been signed by one as of 21 Nov

Cant believe anyone is seriously suggesting Lindback??

1. he aint that bothered about riding here and 2. He had a dreadful year personally (racing & ADHD) so must be a massive risk to take.

We signed Roynon last year, he was considered a massive risk, and........oh yeah.......see what you mean

• Like 1

Was "de-selected" by his club at end of May. Rode in both Swedish leagues most weeks. Don't know if he's been signed by a Polish team yet - hadn't been signed by one as of 21 Nov

We signed Roynon last year, he was considered a massive risk, and........oh yeah.......see what you mean

The list of Polish team riders dated 16.12 does not have him listed.

7.30 Jason Doyle

6.97 Mads Korneliussen

6.19 Patrik Hougaard

5.60 Peter Ljung

leaves 5.94 for the last place

Lukas Dryml 5.71 could be a good choice but Simon Gustafsson 5.17 is a rider that can improve at a new track and Leicester should suit him.

Good team built by Leiceser and look foward to seeing them take on Tai at their own track duringthe season.

Riding for Lodz in div 1 in 2014.

Ljung has recently announced he's signed for a Polish team for 2014 - but you can never tell for sure, it seems to vary from club to club and rider to rider as to their availability and willingness to compete elsewhere, on Saturday. Bjarne Pedersen of Eastbourne had a Polish team in 2013, and will do the same in 2014. Polish clubs have squad system, don't they? So seems you can't completely rule somebody out of UK on Saturdays if they have a Polish team, depends on the individual circumstnces I think

7.30 Jason Doyle

6.97 Mads Korneliussen

6.19 Patrik Hougaard

5.60 Peter Ljung

leaves 5.94 for the last place

Lukas Dryml 5.71 could be a good choice but Simon Gustafsson 5.17 is a rider that can improve at a new track and Leicester should suit him.

Good team built by Leiceser and look foward to seeing them take on Tai at their own track duringthe season.

If that's a good EL Team I wouldn't like too see a bad one! Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

If that's a good EL Team I wouldn't like too see a bad one!

You're telling us! A Premier League rider at No.1, a collection of journeymen none of whom are likely to be able to compete in hts 13 and 15. And one of the weaker reserve pairings (tho.had this been done as in the US they would have been able to pick Garrity). It's 2011 all over again!

Why are people being so negative. Give them a chance will ya, there hasnt been a wheel turned yet and your already starting on the riders. I think there is a chance they will all put half a point too a point on their average(s).

You're telling us! A Premier League rider at No.1, a collection of journeymen none of whom are likely to be able to compete in hts 13 and 15. And one of the weaker reserve pairings (tho.had this been done as in the US they would have been able to pick Garrity). It's 2011 all over again!

You mean Darkin at #5 ??

Jason Doyle a Premier League rider......? Well, I guess he rode I it last year and probably 2014 as well. But in my opinion he is far to good, as is Cookie to be riding in what is supposedly the second tier of UK speedway. . Its more akin to Rugby's League compared to Rugby Union as apposed to a lower skill level division, at least at the top end of Prem teams. .. All said and done, I am quietly confident we WON'T be wooden spooooooners in 2014, could be play-off material. .. in my opinion..

• Like 2

As an occassional contributor, but regular browser of this forum, I cannot believe the amount of negative posts, some quite personal. None of us are "experts", yes we have opinions, but the 2014 team is in it's infancy, so let's get behind ALL the riders and let's see how it goes.