British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Apparently Kasprzak`s selling his UK van as he`s not doing the UK 2014.....

Is he still having his testimonial in front of the few Poole faithful or does he think he will actually LOSE money on the day and not bother trying to milk the UK further? :wink: Edited by Steve0

Apparently Kasprzak`s selling his UK van as he`s not doing the UK 2014.....

Is he still having his testimonial in front of the few Poole faithful or does he think he will actually LOSE money on the day and not bother trying to milk the UK further? :wink:

In fairness to KK (shock horror) he always seems to usually want to ride in the EL, tho his commitment to most clubs (poole, aces apart) is poor.

Whilst we want as many top guys to stay in the EL virtually every club other than Poole will be delighted that he isn't leading there team next season!

• Like 1

I private messaged Kenni Larsen on twitter the following question:

'Have you been offered a contract un the UK for 2014 as there is a strong rumour going about that you have signed for Leicester.'

To which i got this reply from Kenni 'Hi mate yes they have offered me one but unfortunatley i cant do it because of my Polish Club'.

Does every rider that signs for a Polish club immediately become there property as I thought it was just the Polish riders themselves. Any comments on this would be greatly appreciated.

Polish clubs pay more for a sign on fee than most riders will earn in points money in the elite league , It's simple he who pays the piper calls the tune . Good of you to post publicly Kenni's response to a PRIVATE message on twitter . I'm sure he appreciates that and will readily answer further PRIVATE messages from you

• Like 4

As Kenni Larsen has ridden in the El for the last 3 years, is his (alleged) absence more to do with a) the offer in the contract or B) Leicester's race night?

The race night. Polish clubs are not happy about their riders running the risk of regularly turning up tired or injured after a Saturday night meeting. Nothing they can do about any FIM sanctioned event such as GP's but they do compensate the riders for this clause i.e. signing on fees etc.

However these great pay rates can soon dissapear before the end of the season if the club is not in contention for the league or cups..Last year Greg Hancock was released by his club to save the money as soon as the trophies were out of reach - Hence he was able to fit in Poole.

Edited by 1 valve
  • Like 1

The race night. Polish clubs are not happy about their riders running the risk of regularly turning up tired or injured after a Saturday night meeting. Nothing they can do about any FIM sanctioned event such as GP's but they do compensate the riders for this clause i.e. signing on fees etc.

However these great pay rates can soon dissapear before the end of the season if the club is not in contention for the league or cups..Last year Greg Hancock was released by his club to save the money as soon as the trophies were out of reach - Hence he was able to fit in Poole.

Is there anyone who still thinks that the Saturday race night is a non-issue? :neutral:

One of the things the Polish clubs are worried about is logistics as we all know flights often get delayed and riders often have 100-150 mile drives once they get to Poland depending on matches. The other thing is riders like Larsen,SundstrumLjung that Leicester are chasing do not ride in the top league in Poland and ride in 2nd or 3rd division for smaller clubs like Lodz,Pila etc these riders are there No1s and to their fans are like Holder and Ward to Torun fans. Polish clubs often have practice on Sats and club events I believe there may even be some Sat fixtures as well.

• Like 1

So if decent Polish teamsters are off the agenda.. who are now favourite to fill the remaining spots?

Good question and a tough one to answer which I guess is something causing problems to DH in his team building plans.

I am thinking that maybe not all riders who compete in Poland have the "no saturday" clause in their contracts, but those who dont obviously are not going to be out and out number 1's - to say the least.

Not looking good at the moment..

Edited by 1 valve

Sounds as if Peterborough will be operating in PL next season.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a substantial ex-Leicester prescence in the team. For example Magnus, Lasse, Kauko, Alex and Blackbird all still seem to be available.

DH on the radio this morning saying that he expects to announce the final two riders within next 24 hours. Contracts gone off to sign to two riders.

Interested to know if one of them has an average over 7.30!

Sounds as if Peterborough will be operating in PL next season.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a substantial ex-Leicester prescence in the team. For example Magnus, Lasse, Kauko, Alex and Blackbird all still seem to be available.

Interested to know if one of them has an average over 7.30!

K. Buczkowski 7.33 by any chance? Highest ranked(by average) rider not signed by any club apart from those who have stated no UK in 2014 and those who are still expected to sign for their parent clubs ie. Tai (Wolves). Riding as No. 1 would really stretch him I feel but I have no doubt he would be a very entertaining rider for the Leicester fans once he had the track weighed up. Would leave around 4.20 for the final one.

Polish clubs pay more for a sign on fee than most riders will earn in points money in the elite league , It's simple he who pays the piper calls the tune . Good of you to post publicly Kenni's response to a PRIVATE message on twitter . I'm sure he appreciates that and will readily answer further PRIVATE messages from you

Well i thought the fans ought too know

I think the main reason for Poles not joining Leicester is because their Polish teams who ride on Sundays forbid them from riding in the UK on Saturdays.

K. Buczkowski 7.33 by any chance? Highest ranked(by average) rider not signed by any club apart from those who have stated no UK in 2014 and those who are still expected to sign for their parent clubs ie. Tai (Wolves). Riding as No. 1 would really stretch him I feel but I have no doubt he would be a very entertaining rider for the Leicester fans once he had the track weighed up. Would leave around 4.20 for the final one.

Think Buzzcut's been talked about on here but presumed his parents in Poland won't allow him out to play on a Saturday night in Leicester?

or

We could be looking at Simon Stead & Simon Gustaffson

or Lindback & Birks

But i'm sure DH has a surprise up his sleeve