British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Christ you lot dont half talk some crap on here! Track, not great but alright, no big deal really, those capable can an will pass. Team, doyle, mads and hougaard? Bang on for me. Im not a particular leicester fan, kings lynn have been my tram since the 80s, but iv been a few times to BP, will go again this season when i can, i support british speedway as a whole. So reading what some write on here amazes me. Half of you are clowns.

spot on comment. Doyle & Hougaard can ride BP better than most of last years team (who I have no compalints about just stating a fact) even though it wasn't their home track and we know Mads is a racer. So immediately the quality of home talent has improved and to beat them the awy team are going to have to be even better, and from time to time I expect they will be (hope I'm wrong). As mrlincolncity staes, "those who can pass will pass" and I am sure the step up in quality of riders that will be at BP week on week will produce some pretty darn good speedway. Role on 2014

Christ you lot dont half talk some crap on here! Track, not great but alright, no big deal really, those capable can an will pass. Team, doyle, mads and hougaard? Bang on for me. Im not a particular leicester fan, kings lynn have been my tram since the 80s, but iv been a few times to BP, will go again this season when i can, i support british speedway as a whole. So reading what some write on here amazes me. Half of you are clowns.

If you don't want to read moaning and groaning the BSF probably isn't the place for you :D especially the Leicester thread :lol:

• Like 3

Tai was round on his own though, so I'm not sure his opinion would be worth much - which was the point being made.

Tai is the world champion so I think his opinion would be worth quite a lot.

As for riding around on his own..true just like they do at speedway GP practice in order to gain an insight into the track condition.

If you don't want to read moaning and groaning the BSF probably isn't the place for you :D especially the Leicester thread :lol:

I know! Just amazes me at times what some actual write AND press send!

Let us wait until the last two names come forward. But so far we have the makings of a fairly strong team. Not sure who will be named No.1 yet, or are they still waiting to fill that place. There are still some good riders left out there. But not many more points left if they chose a top name to fill that slot, it would leave very little to play with for the last place.

Time only will time. We may not win the League but will will sure put up a good fight. Some good lads in there and I don't think they hang back, they are the sort that will give their all.

Let us wait until the last two names come forward. But so far we have the makings of a fairly strong team. Not sure who will be named No.1 yet, or are they still waiting to fill that place. There are still some good riders left out there. But not many more points left if they chose a top name to fill that slot, it would leave very little to play with for the last place.

Time only will time. We may not win the League but will will sure put up a good fight. Some good lads in there and I don't think they hang back, they are the sort that will give their all.

Curious to find out if the initial statement about Doyle not being #1 is kept to. To enable a #5 of some decent ability to be signed, the #1 would have to have an average only slightly above the 7.30 of Doyle. Closest i can find is Buczkowski at 7.33 (but doubt if he'd bite or be allowed by his Polish club), thereafter you get into the realms of the unknown (well, to me anyway!). The likes of Sundstrom and Larsen are just below Doyle's average. Who knows, DH could have something up his sleeve to surprise us with! Lindback keeps coming to mind, but would really restrict the points for #5.

If the points left available do end up being used for #4 and #5, we could have to wait and see what happens elsewhere like KL(naming their 1-5 tonight i think) and Eastbourne although Lasse Bjerre would potentially come into the picture. Lebedevs could be worth a punt if he's interested, he'd still be on his 4.50 assessed average from 2013,and he didn't ride enough matches for KL to beome their asset. He'd probably be improved from his 2013 results while at KL, would be an almost guaranteed improver - jjust need time to get used to these quaint little English tracks.

Thought that Kim Nilsson looked as if he'd got the track sorted real fast at Kauko's testimonial (ok it was only a testimonial), but depends if Eastie have him back again.

• Like 2

Tai is the world champion so I think his opinion would be worth quite a lot.

As for riding around on his own..true just like they do at speedway GP practice in order to gain an insight into the track condition.

GP track conditions which are usually different on the night anyway. So that's not really worth much either. Look, if you want I'm sure Tai could be pressed into saying something nice about it. But the acid test will be in March, people will be quick to comment either way. Though if speedway is on tv next year I'd get your tin hat out for the first televised meeting at BP.

• Like 1

Kenneth Bjerre has signed for kings Lynn.

Edited by mrcts

FFS!!!!!!!!!

Leicester fans, give ya selves a bloody chance. Things may have been a bit sh!te for you in the PL but you're a relatively new club.

Ok, you've not been happy with the racing and all but I can say from a King's Lynn perspective we won shed loads in the PL but the racing wasn't the best and since moving to the EL things have improved.

How long you been going since your return? 3-4 years??

I have never heard a group of fans whine on and on and on like this lot. Your promoter is willing to put his money where his mouth is and pulled the club up to the next level. DH and his bird make mistakes but this is new. They don't understand the wage demands of the EL. Neither do you or I and I can't see other promoters helping by disclosing what they'd pay so they're left to sink or swim. That's the way of British Speedway.

Come August and things are all t!ts up that's the time to whinge but right now whinging all you like isn't gonna help or solve anything at all. This is the time the club needs help & full support.

Let's see some romance Lions xxxxxxxxxxx

I know! Just amazes me at times what some actual write AND press send!

Your last post had me thinking mrlincolncity. Does anyone ever look who is liking their posts and does it ever make them question the intelligence of what they've written? Just wonderin'.

Mick. (i've only put screamer's post in because he's quite impressively managed what one might call the crown jewels of 'likes')

Edited by volty

GP track conditions which are usually different on the night anyway. So that's not really worth much either. Look, if you want I'm sure Tai could be pressed into saying something nice about it. But the acid test will be in March, people will be quick to comment either way. Though if speedway is on tv next year I'd get your tin hat out for the first televised meeting at BP.

Indeed it will be interesting to see how Elite League speedway at BP compares to that from all of the other ELtracks....

On that point, what measures do folk think should be used in order to arrive at a reasonable and consistant comparison?

Indeed it will be interesting to see how Elite League speedway at BP compares to that from all of the other ELtracks....

On that point, what measures do folk think should be used in order to arrive at a reasonable and consistant comparison?

Shouldn't be a problem 1 valve, hasn't Dave Howard on facebook and Hurricanes on here both told us the same thing (maybe exactly the same thing??). The Speedway at BP is as good as anywhere and anyone who doesn't agree clearly has an agenda against the promotion. The last half of last year was superfine to watch, indeed as good if not better than almost every track i think it's been said. No measures needed. Can't we recall Hurricanes for one last post about the quality of the fare.

All the people who have stopped going have an agenda, all the many people who still go because they can't bring themselves to stop in spite of the racing, and there are lots and lots of those, are also clearly influenced by the anti DH agenda. All hail Dave Darcy's track changes, they worked in the end!

BTW is DD still a co-promoter

Mick.

Edited by volty
  • Like 4

Exactly the same as in the PL. People will visit your track and watch what happens, they'll then tell you if it was rubbish or good. I wouldn't expect the quality of racing to differ drastically from the PL days.

......volty...... Your last post had me thinking mrlincolncity. Does anyone ever look who is liking their posts and does it ever make them question the intelligence of what they've written? Just wonderin'.

I often check the notifications at the top to see who has liked my posts but unfortunately I can't remember what I wrote in the first place so I've come to the conclusion I shouldn't bother looking. :lol:

• Like 1

I often check the notifications at the top to see who has liked my posts but unfortunately I can't remember what I wrote in the first place so I've come to the conclusion I shouldn't bother looking. :lol:

Your memory's obviously as bad as mine. Click on the "post you made" part of the notification and it takes you there.

Well, blow me down with a feather. :lol: That worked thanks. I must have been clicking on the wrong bit before.

• Like 1

I private messaged Kenni Larsen on twitter the following question:

'Have you been offered a contract un the UK for 2014 as there is a strong rumour going about that you have signed for Leicester.'

To which i got this reply from Kenni 'Hi mate yes they have offered me one but unfortunatley i cant do it because of my Polish Club'.

Does every rider that signs for a Polish club immediately become there property as I thought it was just the Polish riders themselves. Any comments on this would be greatly appreciated.

That's a relief for the E.L. clubs. :lol: I was a bit worried for a while that he might end up at Leicester.