British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Hougaard won the pride of the midlands in 2011 and was runner up this year,and Doyle always does very well at Beaumont Park so I think they both know the best way to ride the track.

Tai seemed to get around the track pretty good too...does anyone have any genuine feedback on what he thought of the track...shape...length etc?

You don't need to be Tai Woffinden to know that the straights are too long and the bends too tight.

No axe to grind, No chip on shoulder. No vendetta.

I have known the promotion and many of the backroom staff for many years, and without a doubt they deserve full credit as they have achieved a lot in a short time. I wish them the best of luck.

Doesn't alter the fact that the on track entertainment is abysmal.

Sort out the track and I'll go and watch again.

• Like 3

You don't need to be Tai Woffinden to know that the straights are too long and the bends too tight.

No axe to grind, No chip on shoulder. No vendetta.

I have known the promotion and many of the backroom staff for many years, and without a doubt they deserve full credit as they have achieved a lot in a short time. I wish them the best of luck.

Doesn't alter the fact that the on track entertainment is abysmal.

Sort out the track and I'll go and watch again.

I would encourage you to go next season. What might not be a league winning team will certainly be an entertaining one.

In Korneliussen, Doyle and Hougaard you have guy's that will make racing happen. The top tear league is new for you guy's, don't beat it up before its even started

• Like 2

With only 11.54 points left and 2 riders still to accommodate, it seems now that the management will find it hard to, if not unlikely to be able to bring in a rider with a higher average than Jason Doyle's 7.30 because it leaves very little with which to fill the remaining place. I can see another season with a weak bottom end coming up.

With only 11.54 points left and 2 riders still to accommodate, it seems now that the management will find it hard to, if not unlikely to be able to bring in a rider with a higher average than Jason Doyle's 7.30 because it leaves very little with which to fill the remaining place. I can see another season with a weak bottom end coming up.

Sundstrom and Bjerre to complete the line-up?

Jeeezus , what did Tai think of the track when he raced a Range Rover

I ask because I understand he did practice laps without the Range Rover being in his way and I figure the current World Champions feedback would be interesting to hear about - good or bad.

• Like 2

I ask because I understand he did practice laps without the Range Rover being in his way and I figure the current World Champions feedback would be interesting to hear about - good or bad.

It would be interesting to hear, but riders will always praise a track that gives them an easy ride, regardless of the entertainment it offers; it doesn't follow that the track allows for close and thrilling racing for the spectator. Riders and spectators have very different perspectives.

It would be interesting to hear, but riders will always praise a track that gives them an easy ride, regardless of the entertainment it offers; it doesn't follow that the track allows for close and thrilling racing for the spectator. Riders and spectators have very different perspectives.

That argument only applies to 5-1 and 1-5 situations otherwise riders are losing money if they miss the gate or can't gate and can't pass so there is at least 2 riders poss 3 in each race that would moan

That argument only applies to 5-1 and 1-5 situations otherwise riders are losing money if they miss the gate or can't gate and can't pass so there is at least 2 riders poss 3 in each race that would moan

Tai was round on his own though, so I'm not sure his opinion would be worth much - which was the point being made.

Tai was round on his own though, so I'm not sure his opinion would be worth much - which was the point being made.

I was replying to Leicester Lion who was arguing riders want an easy ride implying that you want to be in front safely in the knowledge that no one will pass you

You're seriously saying riders aren't making money if they don't win races? Anyway, some would have us believe they only race for our entertainment, so money shouldn't matter!

Indeed. Any rider can look good going round on their own, and if they enjoyed the ride their opinion would be based on that, not whether the track is conducive to good racing.

I was replying to Leicester Lion who was arguing riders want an easy ride implying that you want to be in front safely in the knowledge that no one will pass you

Are you suggesting the riders don't want an easy ride?

Christ you lot dont half talk some crap on here! Track, not great but alright, no big deal really, those capable can an will pass. Team, doyle, mads and hougaard? Bang on for me. Im not a particular leicester fan, kings lynn have been my tram since the 80s, but iv been a few times to BP, will go again this season when i can, i support british speedway as a whole. So reading what some write on here amazes me. Half of you are clowns.

• Like 3