British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Cookie signs for belle Vue. Never in doubt. You can forget him now

I don't think Craig Cook was ever gonna sign for the lions.We should admire his loyalty to Edinburgh and The aces.Good luck to him,he is a top rider and entertainer

From the team announcements so far, it looks like British-based riders are being signed-up by Elite league teams as a priority.

Perhaps Leicester should focus first on getting a couple of Brit-based riders signed up, and I'm thinking in terms of the Simon Steads and Olly Allens, and who knows maybe Danny King. However, even these guys could be waiting to see if they can get team places elsewhere, before giving Leicester any close consideration.

I said a few weeks ago thyey needed to move fast I just hope they have moved fast enough or the Lions team will be looking a little sad and depleated. Maybe better to move to a Thurday night then it rules out all the Saturday fixtures every other week.

Shame but I can see it having to happen.

The trouble is i would have thought the reason we have gone elite is that not enough people turned up to watch the Premier league on a Saturday, so it defeats the object if we then start riding every Monday, Thrursday or whatever other days are mentioned. You only have to look at some of the issues and the decisions made last year to realise the prediciment they're in. Remember, Last time we rode on a week night about 600 people turned up to watch a GB vs Australia match that on the face of it looked a pretty decent pull for the non regulars.

From the team announcements so far, it looks like British-based riders are being signed-up by Elite league teams as a priority.

Perhaps Leicester should focus first on getting a couple of Brit-based riders signed up, and I'm thinking in terms of the Simon Steads and Olly Allens, and who knows maybe Danny King. However, even these guys could be waiting to see if they can get team places elsewhere, before giving Leicester any close consideration.

If Glyn isn't involved with the signing of riders any more then there is the problem. If you were a rider wouldn't you look elsewhere before considering signing for the Lions if your dealings were with David Hemsley. The reputation precedes him methinks. See those Youtube clips.

Edited by volty
  • Like 1

have you not signed anyone yet :party:

Have it good authority from someone "close to the promotion" that 2 riders will be unveiled on Tuesday

The trouble is i would have thought the reason we have gone elite is that not enough people turned up to watch the Premier league on a Saturday, so it defeats the object if we then start riding every Monday, Thrursday or whatever other days are mentioned. That, as far as i can work out, is the business plan as it goes ('we can't afford to ride in the PL, lets go EL and hope either enough away supporters turn up and/or some TV company start subsidising us). You only have to look at some of the issues and the decisions made last year to realise the prediciment they're in. It looks win or bust desperation stakes by a desperate promotion without finances all day long. Remember, Last time we rode on a week night about 600 people turned up to watch a GB vs Australia match that on the face of it looked a pretty decent pull for the non regulars.

If Glyn isn't involved with the signing of riders any more then there is the problem. If you were a rider wouldn't you look elsewhere before considering signing for the Lions if your dealings were with David Hemsley. The reputation precedes him methinks. See those Youtube clips.

600? were you suffering from double vision or were you suffering from borderline schizophrenia after watching the tractors going round and round and round and....

Have it good authority from someone "close to the promotion" that 2 riders will be unveiled on Tuesday

yep, looks like the only way they can get anyone to sign for them at present is for the riders to have no choice!

600? were you suffering from double vision or were you suffering from borderline schizophrenia after watching the tractors going round and round and round and....

I'm a benefit of the doubt type these days Big Al so I gave the amount that were there at the start, admittedly for various reasons most of those had cleared off by the interval though!!

Not sure if there is anything in this or not but have heard from two different sources that Jason Attwood could be returning back to Leicester as team manager. If true obviously some bridges have been built as understand last time didn't see eye to eye with Mr Hemsley I did notice though that he was at Leicester quite often last year as lives in the city.

Like other posters Leicester need to start making some headway with team building the top end of the team as the bottom end other than reserves I fully expect one or two places to be taken by Kauko,Magnus and Doolan

They may have it all well in hand, and want to reveal all to supporters club members first, before giving info to the press and other media sources..

Out of Magnus, Kauko and Doolan, I would say that they would only be able to fit 2 of them in as second strings, they would need 3 heat leaders to go with them and the 2 drafted reserves..

Not sure if there is anything in this or not but have heard from two different sources that Jason Attwood could be returning back to Leicester as team manager. If true obviously some bridges have been built as understand last time didn't see eye to eye with Mr Hemsley I did notice though that he was at Leicester quite often last year as lives in the city.

Like other posters Leicester need to start making some headway with team building the top end of the team as the bottom end other than reserves I fully expect one or two places to be taken by Kauko,Magnus and Doolan

This would tie in with what was said by Alan Jones in the Star, about options to help Glyn on home race days & also the rumours going around that Nemo will be in the team. So wouldn't surprise me.

out of this years team i would think they will offer magnus a chance he is a club asset and is very popular with the fans and rides bp very well as for the others i would have to say its a toss up between nemo and lasse. my money would be on bjerre i think we could well end up with both bjerre's.