British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2014 . Elite

But he's not going to rock up to a meeting he's not going to get paid for and pay for flights to get over here. Let's be sensible about it.

He's been sacked purely so he can't guest for others. There's no other reason for doing it now with 1 meeting left, knowing your team is going to be weakened further for a home meeting and the last to boot. Pure spite from the Lions management.

No, I agree it's probably unlikely, but he definitely could. Depends how much a flight from Denmark to the UK costs, whether he's likely to recoup the money via guest bookings, and how obstinate he's feeling. There are certainly quite a few teams who need guests at the minute.

This whole sorry saga centres around Mads not making himself available last Monday vs BV when he was riding on the Sunday & Tuesday in Europe. It's poor when the club captain chooses (for whatever reason) not to ride. Above all I feel extremely sorry for the loyal supporters as they deserve better and should be told the truth. Maybe there's a lot more to this, well so be it, but come clean and don't try and bullrubbish the fans. I fear the fallout from this could be huge, as Mads is close to a couple of the other riders.

Major shakeup yet again required for 2015. Revolving door is picking up momentum so make sure to buy your raffle tickets.

• Like 1

No it doesn't. If Mads doesn't ride for Leicester and not produce a sick note or have an FIM event to race in he'll be hit with a 28 day ban. Which ever way you look at it, Mads will not be able to guest for anyone.

The rules say you can't make teams changes. So we agree Mads is in the 1-7. Mads has not quit and he's going to be locked out of the pits - how is that with holding services? Leicester will have to use a sub 6 point PL guest and Mads will be free to guest for any team he wishes at any time other than while the Leicester meeting is taking place.

Good luck to them proving withholding services when they have sacked him :D

It's the last meeting of the season. Nobody gives a monkeys if he can ride or not, and for who.

I think you'll find it's a statement from Leicester saying that they think his behaver is not expectable to them. He could have clearly turned out against Bell Vue, He chose not to. Obviously Leicester feel he should have ridden.

TBF, I have no issue with them sacking him. Thats Leicester, Coventry, Lakeside and Wolves who have all now "sacked" a rider who has been uncommitted - although Pawlicki quit Wolves and they saved face by saying they had sacked him. Maybe promoters are now seeing fans want consistent teams and that means committed riders.

It beats me why he didn't ride at Belle Vue. He rode on the Sunday Tuesday and Weddnesday abroad, but couldn't be bothered to come over as team captain to ride for the EL he signed for last year in the winter.

He was really dedicated at the start of the season but his interest seemed to fall of over the last 4 or 5 months. Doubt we will ever know the true reasons behind what has gone on with the promotion and Mads, it is probably something that has happened behind closed doors that we know nothing about. It was the same with the other 2 overseas riders that left, there was no statement made to say what really happened there either.

I think they have been justified in thier actions that have been taken. A shame but when you see the rides he has been having abroad it is nothing like the sort of 2 or 4 point totals he has been having at BP the past few meetings.

It was Jason Doyle who came out to speak to the crowd a couple of home meetings ago against Swindon.

Surely if things had been right back then it should have been Mads as Captain to come out for the team, so maybe even the the trouble where already starting.

Lets hope it dosen't damage the chances of getting a good team together next year. Even Jason Doyle seemed to me to be a bit down in the mouth when he spoke after the Swindon meeting, so this could have back up the issue that was on going then.

Here's to a better 2015.

• Like 1

Out of interest, how would you describe Korneliussen's actions of riding elsewhere in Europe but not for Leicester?

I'm no fan of the promotion at Leicester, but their actions here seem totally justified.

It's bang out of order, us avoiding wooden spoon, was as important to us as other teams play offs!!

You're either fit or injured, especially in a 3 day period!!!!

I'm sure if our PO hopes were depedant on him riding he would have ridden. Bottom of the table be it last or 2nd from last is the same However you try and dress it up and BV supporters will try and dress it up. Maybe his continental teams suggested he may not ride at BV. As those teams I believe they were PO contenders and they wanted to ensure his fitness. Our season cannot be pinned on 1 rider missing 1 meeting. Lets put this season behind us and move on

Can the 'witholding services' be referring to the meeting at Belle Vue? Whatever the situation I applaud Leicester for actually dealing with the matter because for far too long riders have swung the lead on this issue. We all know how easy it is to get a note from a doctor as well but as a fan I view it as I'll make the commitment to attend the meetings on the expectation that the riders are alos committed to being there.

And that is about all he did for the past few meetings he appeared. For the points he scored he might have well have stayed away much earlier. Then they could have had a new rider to come in for him, who was commited to racing not just turning up and playing at being captain.

There was more to this issue than meets the eye. Why if he was captain did Jason Doyle come out after the Swindon meeting to do the talk to the fans, if Mads was captain then surely it was his place to come out, injured or not. That night Jason Doyle had a face on him like a wet wicket, so something must have happened well before all this came to a head.

Out of interest, how would you describe Korneliussen's actions of riding elsewhere in Europe but not for Leicester?

I'm no fan of the promotion at Leicester, but their actions here seem totally justified.

Korneliussen is not a rider that takes the pee out of British Speedway. For me I couldn't give a monkeys if a rider missed a meeting for my team, especially when it's in a 1 off situation. I don't think Mads has barely missed a meeting for the Lions especially at home and that should show alone his commitment when it comes to most home meetings on weekends.

In total, how many meetings has Mads missed for Leicester???

I think Norrie Allen is being pathetic and way to hard line with a rider that doesn't take the pee, simple as. Oh, and I'm still waiting for the criticism of Buczkowski. Has there been any from Norrie??