British Speedway Forum

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Leicester, whose first year in the Elite League has been disrupted by injuries, have entered the transfer market and completed deals to bring in two new riders, Krzysztof Buczkowski and Nicolai Klindt.

patrick is a belle vue asset not peterborough

Buczkowski joins the Rapid Solicitors Lions on loan from parent club the Peterborough Panthers and currently rides in the top divisions in Poland for Unia Tarnow and Dackarna in Sweden. The twenty-eight year old Polish international was not initially in the Panthers 2013 starting line-up but was asked back to re-join them in July. His arrival helped turn-around Peterboroughs season that was going nowhere and Buczkowski soared to the top of the teams averages after a spate of double figure scores which included three consecutive meetings where he remained unbeaten by an opposing rider.

Buczkowski, who becomes the first Polish rider to race for the Lions in the new era, replaces another Peterborough asset, Patrick Hougaard who has been out of the team since breaking a thumb at Coventry in April. It is well known now that Patrick has decided to give British Speedway a miss following his return to fitness which is a shame but we wish him well and if he ever decides to return to race in the UK then I am sure that there will be a lot of interest for his services. We have operated long enough with guest riders and we can now look forward to having a full team again. Krzysztof has proved himself over here before and he was one of the success stories at Peterborough last season and comes into the side on a 7.33 match average which places him second in the team to Jason Doyle explained the Lions team manager Norrie Allan.

Nicolai Klindt, who started the season at Swindon, lost his place after just five matches for the Robins but then was offered a contract to ride for Scunthorpe in the Premier League where he has risen to the top of the Scorpions averages. The twenty-five year old former European and Danish Junior Champion gave notice of his pedigree during a preliminary round of the Grand Prix challenge in Slovenia last Saturday when he won the meeting after a run-off against the home favourite and Belle Vue number one Matej Zagar. Klindt now joins new teammates Jason Doyle and Mads Korneliussen in the semi-final of the competition due to be staged in Poland in a weeks time. Making way for Klindts arrival is Lasse Bjerre who has yet to show the form that made him a big favourite during his two seasons with the Lions during their Premier League days.

I think Nicolai was unlucky to be discarded by Swindon where he was averaging close to six points a meeting but he has really hit a rich seam of scoring for Scunthorpe. He is much better than his current average and at 3.83 it has enabled us to fit in Krzysztof Buczkowski. It is unfortunate that we have to say goodbye to Lasse so soon after he re-joined the club but I had to take into account the team as a whole and I believe that we are now stronger than before. If we can avoid another spate of injuries which has blighted our season so far then I am optimistic that we can begin to improve and start to move up the league table. added Allan.

Subject to the British Speedway Promoters Association approving the transfers then both Krzysztof Buczkowski and Nicolai Klindt are expected to make their debuts for Leicester on Wednesday when the Lions take on the Poole Pirates for Elite League points in Dorset.

Leicester, whose first year in the Elite League has been disrupted by injuries, have entered the transfer market and completed deals to bring in two new riders, Krzysztof Buczkowski and Nicolai Klindt.

Buczkowski joins the Rapid Solicitors Lions on loan from parent club the Peterborough Panthers and currently rides in the top divisions in Poland for Unia Tarnow and Dackarna in Sweden. The twenty-eight year old Polish international was not initially in the Panthers 2013 starting line-up but was asked back to re-join them in July. His arrival helped turn-around Peterboroughs season that was going nowhere and Buczkowski soared to the top of the teams averages after a spate of double figure scores which included three consecutive meetings where he remained unbeaten by an opposing rider.

Buczkowski, who becomes the first Polish rider to race for the Lions in the new era, replaces another Peterborough asset, Patrick Hougaard who has been out of the team since breaking a thumb at Coventry in April. It is well known now that Patrick has decided to give British Speedway a miss following his return to fitness which is a shame but we wish him well and if he ever decides to return to race in the UK then I am sure that there will be a lot of interest for his services. We have operated long enough with guest riders and we can now look forward to having a full team again. Krzysztof has proved himself over here before and he was one of the success stories at Peterborough last season and comes into the side on a 7.33 match average which places him second in the team to Jason Doyle explained the Lions team manager Norrie Allan.

Nicolai Klindt, who started the season at Swindon, lost his place after just five matches for the Robins but then was offered a contract to ride for Scunthorpe in the Premier League where he has risen to the top of the Scorpions averages. The twenty-five year old former European and Danish Junior Champion gave notice of his pedigree during a preliminary round of the Grand Prix challenge in Slovenia last Saturday when he won the meeting after a run-off against the home favourite and Belle Vue number one Matej Zagar. Klindt now joins new teammates Jason Doyle and Mads Korneliussen in the semi-final of the competition due to be staged in Poland in a weeks time. Making way for Klindts arrival is Lasse Bjerre who has yet to show the form that made him a big favourite during his two seasons with the Lions during their Premier League days.

I think Nicolai was unlucky to be discarded by Swindon where he was averaging close to six points a meeting but he has really hit a rich seam of scoring for Scunthorpe. He is much better than his current average and at 3.83 it has enabled us to fit in Krzysztof Buczkowski. It is unfortunate that we have to say goodbye to Lasse so soon after he re-joined the club but I had to take into account the team as a whole and I believe that we are now stronger than before. If we can avoid another spate of injuries which has blighted our season so far then I am optimistic that we can begin to improve and start to move up the league table. added Allan.

Subject to the British Speedway Promoters Association approving the transfers then both Krzysztof Buczkowski and Nicolai Klindt are expected to make their debuts for Leicester on Wednesday when the Lions take on the Poole Pirates for Elite League points in Dorset.

I have restrained saying anything until now but i feel this needs saying.

I think Leicester have possibly the most 2 faced fans in the sport.

Now it has been announced that Lasse has been released i read Facebook with great interest . Without naming names numerous people on there slagging the club off for releasing Lasse just over 1 week ago in the bar after the meeting the same fans were saying that they need to do something about the team & that Lasse just wasn't upto Elite League.

It was the same with Tom Perry fans had a massive outcry that the Leicester reserves were poor & changes were needed. As soon as they make the said changes that YOU fans wanted the very same people then post that they can't believe they sacked him.

Time to face facts in this sport if you don't perform you lose your team place it's the same at every other club.

Tom Perry in 10 meetings never won 1 race . His replacement did that in his 1st ride. His scores were enhanced every match because Max Clegg was half lap behind at the start of the season.

Lasse Bjerre has been awful since he returned getting beaten by fast track riders in every meeting & gating slower then ever.

Seems like the promotion can't do anything right. They want the team to improve but when they make the changes the fans go in up roar saying that the revolving door is in use again. Fact is only people to get released is Tom & Lasse both riders can not complain about those decision.

Don't slag a rider off behind their back & then be all nice to then when they get sacked is the aim of this post

• Like 4

Great to see Lecester having a full squd again (it's been too long without one). Can't wait to see the new guys at BP. I just hope that they stay longer than

Peter and Paddy did!

I have restrained saying anything until now but i feel this needs saying.

I think Leicester have possibly the most 2 faced fans in the sport.

Now it has been announced that Lasse has been released i read Facebook with great interest . Without naming names numerous people on there slagging the club off for releasing Lasse just over 1 week ago in the bar after the meeting the same fans were saying that they need to do something about the team & that Lasse just wasn't upto Elite League.

It was the same with Tom Perry fans had a massive outcry that the Leicester reserves were poor & changes were needed. As soon as they make the said changes that YOU fans wanted the very same people then post that they can't believe they sacked him.

Time to face facts in this sport if you don't perform you lose your team place it's the same at every other club.

Tom Perry in 10 meetings never won 1 race . His replacement did that in his 1st ride. His scores were enhanced every match because Max Clegg was half lap behind at the start of the season.

Lasse Bjerre has been awful since he returned getting beaten by fast track riders in every meeting & gating slower then ever.

Seems like the promotion can't do anything right. They want the team to improve but when they make the changes the fans go in up roar saying that the revolving door is in use again. Fact is only people to get released is Tom & Lasse both riders can not complain about those decision.

Don't slag a rider off behind their back & then be all nice to then when they get sacked is the aim of this post

Agree, but I don't go on Facebook, so cannot comment on what's been said on there....

Speedway is unusual in the fact that sometimes two team members have to be replaced, to get perhaps one you really want, the other replacement sometimes is just because numerically his average fits..

Tom Perry I think has reached a level where he is and probably won't get much better, he is one of the more mature fast track draftees

Max Clegg, don't forget he's very young, bags of promise and is improving now almost race by race and worth sticking with.

Josh Bates is also a very very young lad, again has loads of promise, and is riding injured I believe, he will take a couple of weeks or so to settle, and then he'll start improving, as he learns lines and racing skills and set ups etc..

Come on, let's get behind these Lions of ours!!!!

Edited by Shale Searcher

who ??? if your getting at crazy buzz he never let the panthers down attendance wise

were Panthers a saturday track when he rode for them ? can't ever remember that

Can't believe it!!!!......there is criticism of the track on the lions Facebook page.....that's a first!

Are you suggesting that Leicester fans take a long while for the penny to drop but when they do , they become as vocal in their antipathy as they were in there constant approval ? surely not , that would make them Hypocrites just like the ones on here

Are you suggesting that Leicester fans take a long while for the penny to drop but when they do , they become as vocal in their antipathy as they were in there constant approval ? surely not , that would make them Hypocrites just like the ones on here

Oh you fool......I'm only on here to stir the poop..........hook,line and sinker!

I just hope that given a few weeks time that the team will be back where they where after around the 6th race of the season. They where working together as a team and starting to win races, then 1 rider up sticks followed by another and thinks started to go down hill then they release a fast track rider and they have been using geasts a R/R to fill those slots with very little to show for it.

I hope that the 3 new riders are the right choice for the Lions team and soon settle in and the team can then start to work as a team again and get back into winning ways.

They have come to the EL this year and I hope that they can manage to stay there for a lot of years to come, that is if the EL league suvives in it current form. I would love to the Lions back to what they where in years gone by a team to be proud of.

Best of luck to the new lads and lets hope that the fans can get behind the team. I should imagine, that team moral if lower than a rattle snakes belly at the moment.

• Like 1

I am glad to see that Tom Perry has been given another bite at the bullet even if only for a few weeks. It is great to see Wolves give him a chance and I hope he can do them proud, I liked the lad from the first time I saw him at the practice day at BP. He showed that he was capable of knowing how to get around the track and from the points he scored for the Lions I know he didn't win but he was a constant 6 point scorer every meeting, it would not have been long before he got there.

Hope he gets settled down with a team before the season ends, he deserves it. Still can't see why they got rid of him.

Did anyone watch the Swedish EL league meeting last night. The track was so much like BP only much drier. If it was at all possible the racing was far worse than anything you see at BP

I saw the Swedish EL meeting and the track seemed quite small and tight. I agree that the racing was poor but I prefer the BP track. I wonder what length the Swedish track is?

I am glad to see that Tom Perry has been given another bite at the bullet even if only for a few weeks. It is great to see Wolves give him a chance and I hope he can do them proud, I liked the lad from the first time I saw him at the practice day at BP. He showed that he was capable of knowing how to get around the track and from the points he scored for the Lions I know he didn't win but he was a constant 6 point scorer every meeting, it would not have been long before he got there.

Hope he gets settled down with a team before the season ends, he deserves it. Still can't see why they got rid of him.

Did anyone watch the Swedish EL league meeting last night. The track was so much like BP only much drier. If it was at all possible the racing was far worse than anything you see at BP

Tom Perry rides for Cradley!! If he can't score well at Monmore as a fast track reserve, there's no hope for him, his away scores will be the real benchmark...... He's done hundreds if not thousands of laps there!!

Are you Stevie Wonder in disguise?

To say that the racing at BP is better than last night is ridiculous,granted there was not much passing but the actual racing was far closer than the vast majority of so called "races" at Leicester!

DH says in his weekly message to the plebs, that there will be "something special" organised for the live Sky match.

Ooooooh!! Can't wait!

Is he going to have a giant screen installed at BP, so people can watch highlights from each heat whilst Sky do their inane rider interviews/ad breaks??

DH says in his weekly message to the plebs, that there will be "something special" organised for the live Sky match.

Ooooooh!! Can't wait!

Is he going to have a giant screen installed at BP, so people can watch highlights from each heat whilst Sky do their inane rider interviews/ad breaks??

Yes' it's going to be like the americans landing on the moon in 1968 , the meeting will actually be at Scunthorpe but all the background shots are being filmed this week at BP

• Like 3