British Speedway Forum

Wolverhampton 2014

the rumour is he wants to ride for Cov and they usually ride for who they want to

Swap him for Harris

With Freddie looking to concentrate on Sweden, Poland and the GP's next season and a possible lowered points limit, Bomber would be a great rider to back up Tai and with Ty, Ricky and Jacob as second strings it may leave enough to have a reserve pairing something like Klindt and Sam Masters ..... but that's just under 40 so if the limit is lower then Ashley Morris doubling up at reserve with Nicolai, Ludvig or Masters would do.

1 Tai Woffinden

2 Ricky Wells

3 Chris Harris

4 Jacob Thorssell

5 Ty Proctor

6 Ludvig or Klindt

7 Masters or Morris

Id be very suprised if he was still a Wolves asset,might even have negotiated the cancelation of his contract on his release.TNT will know for sure.

99% sure he is still a Wolves asset and certainly his name seems to be banded around a bit lately and is puting himself in the shop window. Personally I think he could be ok on a 5.83 average but would be more confident in Ty, Adam or Ricky on averages around that mark doing a more consistant and reliable job for the team.

When he was last with Wolves we played the game "Where's Kenny" as we took guess's where he would be on a Monday night ..... Monmore Green wasn't a popular pick by many. However he did a good job for Peterborough in 2009 but when you look at his scores that season, he was much better at the EoES than away.

At home he scored 111+21 from 67 rides in 14 meetings giving him an average of 7.88 at home. However away he scored just 66+10 from 62 rides in 12 meetings giving him an away average of just 4.90 ....... and that includes 23+1 from 10 rides at Coventry where hopefully he is looking at for next season and Bomber spending a year at a proper race track.

Coventry have signed both Harris & Hansen for 2014. Think Hansen will do well with bees as loves Brandon and seems to want to ride in uk again on Fri track.

I wonder if this will mean possibly a move to Wolves for Nicholls?

Always liked Scott and he certainly likes Monmore Green but if rumours are right that Ipswich are on their way back then he would be the natural choice for them to lead their team rather than play as #2 to Tai.

Pleased Hansen is at Coventry rather than Wolves as I am more than happy with Ty Proctor, Adam Skornicki and Ricky Wells on averages around that mark plus next season Jacob Thorssell will no doubt be a more improved rider from 4.61

Always liked Scott and he certainly likes Monmore Green but if rumours are right that Ipswich are on their way back then he would be the natural choice for them to lead their team rather than play as #2 to Tai.

Pleased Hansen is at Coventry rather than Wolves as I am more than happy with Ty Proctor, Adam Skornicki and Ricky Wells on averages around that mark plus next season Jacob Thorssell will no doubt be a more improved rider from 4.61

Scott lead a team? Oh dear! He would be OK as a third heat leader but not leading the team.

Scott lead a team? Oh dear! He would be OK as a third heat leader but not leading the team.

But he couldnt be a 3rd heat leader in a league with a 36-38 point limit - unless you had 4 3 pointers to finush it off.

The thing to remember with the like of Nicholls is in the current setup of Holder, Lindgren etc, he isn't outstanding, but a 36 ish point limit and many of the 8 and 9 pointers gone would see him as on of the better ones again.

I've never been a fan of Scott, but I suspect high 7 and low 8 pointers will be next years heatleaders for the vast majority, maybe the odd exception for a Woffy or Ward but that's it.

Edited by david2905

Can't see Nicholls on a high 7 next year, even with a watered down league. Scott, like it or not, is on the decline. I would take a guess that he will finish next season as a 6.5 rider, or if Ippo don't move up, leading them in the PL.

Can't see Nicholls on a high 7 next year, even with a watered down league. Scott, like it or not, is on the decline. I would take a guess that he will finish next season as a 6.5 rider, or if Ippo don't move up, leading them in the PL.

That's how I suspect his season will go, whoever has him, despite an iffy play off showing I'd much rather retain Danny King than consider Scotty.

That's how I suspect his season will go, whoever has him, despite an iffy play off showing I'd much rather retain Danny King than consider Scotty.

i think Scott will prove you both wrong and if Scott can't do it where will that leave us with Harris he been going down further than Scott in last two years.People keep saying he will have a good season next year but he doesn't

Hope he does. Nicholl's is a real competitor and is great to watch in full flight. However, Harris is good for another couple of years yet. Don't write him off. Not sure a return to Coventry is the best move for him though. A season or two at Peterborough would have been interesting.

i think Scott will prove you both wrong and if Scott can't do it where will that leave us with Harris he been going down further than Scott in last two years.People keep saying he will have a good season next year but he doesn't

Scott, sadly has been in terminal decline for the past few seasons, whilst Bomber has slipped even quicker.

Both SHOULD be able to improve those averages IF the league is weakened, but i wont hold my breath waiting for that too happen.

If Scott Nicholls was to ride in the Premier League then you would expect him to average somewhere over 9 a match and possibly over 10. So if the EL in 2014 doesn't have some riders back like Lindgren, Bjerre, Iversen, Andersen, Karlsson, Kildemand etc then why shouldn't he be an 8+ rider again. Have to agree that if he rode for Wolves then his average would most likely go up as he is usually a big scorer around Monmore Green. However I fully expect him to be back at Coventry or Ipswich next season.

As for Wolves 2014, avoiding any complications, we should see Tai Woffinden 9.20, Ty Proctor 5.78, Ricky Wells 5.35 and Jacob Thorssell 4.61 back in the starting line up while Adam Skornicki 6.15, Ludvig Lindgren 4.48, Nicolai Klindt 4.24, Sam Masters 3.85, Pontus Aspgren 3.15 and Ashley Morris 3.00 have to be on the short list for the remaining places. Freddie Lindgren 8.94 looks likely to be missing from British Speedway in 2014 having agreed deals to ride in Sweden (Tuesday & Thursday), Poland (Sunday) and the GP's / SEC (Saturday).

Much will depend on what the points limit is going to be and that will be set once we know which riders are likely to return and how many tracks are to compete in the 2014 Elite League season but I would think it has to be somewhere between 36 - 38 points maximum.

Woffinden 9.20

Proctor 5.78

Wells 5.35

Thorssell 4.61

Masters 3.85

Aspgren 3.15= 31.94

Leaving 6.06 or 4.06 if points are set at 38 or 36

New rider but please not Klindt

Hopefully riders that ride in boththe EL and PL will have their averages recalculated to give one average. That may just allow Adam Skornicki to fit in if its 38 or Nicolai if its 36. However both can fit in if Pontus isn't recalled and they go with Ashley Morris instead even though Pontus has clearly improved a lot over the last 12 months just like Jacob and including both should benefit all parties.

Doubt Wolves would go for Ryan Fisher 5.71 but wouldn't mind seeing Simon Gustafsson 5.17 or Richie Worrall 5.78 included although their parent tracks (Eastbourne and Belle Vue) may well see them as ideal second strings for next season.

If the limit is 38 and we can secure the services of Tai Woffinden 9.20 (which won't be cheap) then I would personally like to see a line up of #1 Tai Woffinden, #5 Ty Proctor 5.78, #3 Ricky Wells 5.35, #4 Simon Gustafsson 5.17, #2 Jacob Thorssell 4.61, #6 Ludvig Lindgren 4.48 and #7 Pontus Aspgren 3.15 = 37.74

Mikkel Bech Jensen 5.05 could be used doubling up if Gustafsson stays at Eastbourne

It may not appear a strong line up but Woffy should be a 10+ rider while all the rest can improve on their averages with Ludvig a strong reserve alongside Pontus to form a formidable back up pairing through the season.

Edited by T.N.T.