British Speedway Forum

Wolverhampton 2014

[quote name='stevebrum' timestamp='1382354172' post='236

Any level that doesnt include Tai would just be a glorified PL and even more fans down the pan.

You are right, if the EL does not take advantage of having the British World Champion then they seriously will never get the EL right and may as well bin it.

Well if they drop the points limit may as well bin the EL because it will be a glorified PL.

Edited by fish keeper

Let's hope its unrealistic as I wouldn't entertain either Zagar or Hansen in any Wolves team.

Rumours are flying around about a much lower points limit.

As well as Skornicki and Proctor have performed this year there have to be doubts about including them.

Proctor is coming back from a very serious injury and perhaps a full season at PL - or equivalent level would be the best for him next year.

Skornicki struggled against the Brummies in the play offs - as most Wolves did - and the Brummies are basically a team of 6 and 7 point riders which is what he would be facing next year. As popular as he is I think it is time to bring down the curtain on his Wolves career on a high note.

Wolfie

yes the limit of 38 is being spouted alot, which is a significant reduction in quality, that team is 4.5 over, you would need to replace one of those heat leaders with another 3 point rider!

Let's hope its unrealistic as I wouldn't entertain either Zagar or Hansen in any Wolves team.

Rumours are flying around about a much lower points limit.

As well as Skornicki and Proctor have performed this year there have to be doubts about including them.

Proctor is coming back from a very serious injury and perhaps a full season at PL - or equivalent level would be the best for him next year.

Skornicki struggled against the Brummies in the play offs - as most Wolves did - and the Brummies are basically a team of 6 and 7 point riders which is what he would be facing next year. As popular as he is I think it is time to bring down the curtain on his Wolves career on a high note.

Wolfie

yes the limit of 38 is being spouted alot, which is a significant reduction in quality, that team is 4.5 over, you would need to replace one of those heat leaders with another 3 point rider!

Must say, i think Ricky Wells was the biggest dissapointment(even though his average doesnt say so).I had him down to make the big breakthrough this season,becoming the third heat-leader.He didnt,and there has to be doubts now he ever will.

to be fair Ricky is only just 22 and has plenty of time ahead of him to become a heat leader....

Has come on in leaps and bounds since i first saw him a few seasons ago at Rye House in the world U21 qualifiers!

Think he should definatly be in your 2014 team!

I wouldn't expect anything less of a defence from you having been one of Adam's sponsors. Clearly you weren't standing with the large group of Wolves fans at Birmingham for the second leg if you feel happy to defend the team's performance. We had a lack of heat winners against a team of second strings, against a team that will be a similar standard to the teams in 2014 if reports are to be believed. Go with the same team next year and the results are likely to be the same. Same old same old leads to apathy and lack of enthusiasm which I think the club has slipped into. Time for a breath of fresh air and new faces to freshen the place up.

If Wolverhampton had only got hold of Mikkel Michelsen when they had the chance then the play offs would have been better and the outlook for 2014 would be better. Freddie is almost certain to miss British Speedway next season so that will free up some points and would think Ludvig may be missed out as Nicolai may be back.

Sadly I think Kenneth Hansen may be in the thoughts for next season

If the Hansen of Panthers 2009 comes back rather than the Hansen of Wolverhampton 2007-2008 then he could be a good signing for 2014..

Remember Kenneth is still only just 26..

Edited by Flyin Panther

If the Hansen of Panthers 2009 comes back rather than the Hansen of Wolverhampton 2007-2008 then he could be a good signing for 2014..

Remember Kenneth is still only just 26..

Is he a Panthers asset ?.I know he was released by Wolves due to the turning up when he wanted to saga.

I`m not sure the promotion would take the risk, unless he is fully committed for the season.

Is he a Panthers asset ?.I know he was released by Wolves due to the turning up when he wanted to saga.

Don't recall the Panthers ever making him an asset.

Wolves Asset as far as I'm aware he rode 25 times for us in 2009 and has a GSA of 5.83

Id be very suprised if he was still a Wolves asset,might even have negotiated the cancelation of his contract on his release.TNT will know for sure.